Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #13 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She’s a lawyer with a law degree...it is what it is, but she is clearly an immigration attorney very involved in minority legal rights, and I’ll go ahead and bet my hat on the fact that she did his immigration paperwork years ago and other immigration work for the family.

I may think she is full of it but we should not feel that she is an awful attorney.

For everyone's information:

Janet Fashakin is a seasoned attorney of over two decades, a journey that started in Africa in 2000 church. She received her bachelors in law from the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University in Nigeria, She proceeded to receive her Masters in Law from Yeshiva University, Cardozo School of Law in New York. She embarked on her doctorate studies at Walden University in Baltimore, USA, where her dissertation focuses on the "Challenges faced by the African American Women upon their release after serving their terms."
Bar Admissions: The Supreme Court of Nigeria;
The Supreme Court of New York State 2nd Judicial Departments,
The District Court of the Eastern District of New York ,
The District Court of the Southern District of New York and
The Supreme Court of USA.
A licensed Registered Nurse of Nigeria, UK & New York State
A Certified Public Administrator of USA.

Appointment:
Guardian Ad Litem for the State of NY to represent the interest of the unknowns and the Incapacitated in Probate matters.
Small Claims Court Arbitrator.

Awards:
Recognized member of Stratford’s "Who's Who."
Top 10 Best 2016 Client Satisfaction Award by American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
Associations:
American Bar Association,
The New York Bar Association,
The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers,
The Women Bar Association of New York and many others.

Socio-Cultural/ Grass-root Involvements:
Founder & Global Director, Ijesa Ladies Union (I.L.U) International, a non for profit organization that focuses attention on the plight of the less widows privileged women of Ijesaland and their under aged kids.
National Women Leader, Christ Apostolic Church (CAC) North America
Founder, Macedonia Project for the care of the Poor Widows and their Orphan kids of CAC.

Practice Areas
  • Immigration Law
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Real Estate Law
  • Foreclosure Defense
  • Medical Malpractice
Fees
  • Free Consultation
    I give free consultation of up to 10 minutes, after that it is $100 per hour. We also take certain complex cases on contingency.
  • Contingent Fees
    Most contingency fees are by law and set at 33% of the money recovered. If nothing is recovered, nothing is due the attorney.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
Since 2001
jurisdictions.png

Languages
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Yoruba: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Small Claims Arbitrators
New York State Courts Administration
2004 - 2014
I adjudicate on simple and complex matters of all sorts of cases where the parties both agree to see me.
Education
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
LL.M. (2005) | Law
2004 - present
Honors: Startford "Who's Who", 10 Best 2016 Client Satisfaction American Institute of Family Law Attorneys. Alpha Kappa Alpha, Wladen University.
Activities: I mentor young law graduates, I am a Small Claim's Arbitrator and a Guardian Ad litem for the incapacitated and the Unknowns of New York State.
school-14837-1447380255-m.png

Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
LL.B. (1990) | Law
1986 - 1990
Honors: Graduated with honors

Cardozo is currently ranked 52nd by U.S. News and World Report ranking of law schools. Its intellectual property program was ranked 12th in the nation, and its dispute resolution program was ranked 6th. The Cardozo faculty is ranked #32 in the nation for scholarly impact.
NY Bar is no joke. I give her props for passing the bar exam and setting up her shingle. That’s hard work right there. She probably has a decent client base among the Nigerian immigrant community.

My rate is ridiculously high but my clients are generally large corporations. People with immigration issues can’t afford to pay high rates and they shouldn’t have to. That’s why lawyers and law firms come charging all different rates and in all different sizes. :)

To be clear ... She will be destroyed in court if she thinks she can take on this case or even get it transferred to another venue. But I won’t slam her for her storefront or for doing low rate legal work. That’s all!

In NYC and a non-Manhattan boro, this of storefront is not uncommon for a lawyer. I get that it seems like she is a joke (and she may be) but there are many good lawyers doing good work in Queens, Brooklyn, The Bronx and Staten Island that have these kinds of offices. Not many of the working class people can pay 500 an hour for a big shot or top tier firm.
Yes but how often can one renew their auto policy, contest their murder charge, and get their annual pap smear all in the same one-stop shop?:D

She’s a lawyer with a law degree...it is what it is, but she is clearly an immigration attorney very involved in minority legal rights, and I’ll go ahead and bet my hat on the fact that she did his immigration paperwork years ago and other immigration work for the family.

(bbm)

yep I was thinking the same

“Mrs. Ajayi wants me to let you know that she has a good son. A very hardworking son at that. A son who cares about others," said Fashakin.

So I assume she's referring to AA's brother who is nothing like him?

Sorry... such snark. That made me violently ill.

MOO

She may have had a previous career as an RN. Yeshiva's Cardozo is not a diploma mill by any means. They have been solid at producing candidates for top firms and passing the bar based on education provided.

This would be relevant if we were discussing JDs, but the attorney in question received from Cardozo only her LLM. Such a degree typically is acquired by immigrants who already have received a law degree in a different country, though they are available for JD graduates as well. Outside of the tax programs at NYU, Georgetown, and the University of Florida, no LLM is worth the paper it's printed on. I am in no place to evaluate the selectiveness of the Nigerian law school she attended, but there is absolutely no prestige associated with a Cardozo LLM. Like everywhere else, LLM programs at Cardozo are nothing more than profit centers.

Last edited:
She went to Yeshiva University's Benjamin Cardozo School of Law in NYC. She is not a fly by night as you might think she is. This law school has graduated some excellentShe is a member of the NY bar.

I am all for thinking that her stated positions are laughable or questionable but this woman worked hard for her degree and should be given the respect afforded one who is admitted to the bar.

Some Cardozo Alumni are

In my opinion, she deserves exactly as much respect as any other lawyer who’s expressing absurd fantasies.

Not saying she is a fly by night attorney or something. And I know about the innocence project from Cardozo that she worked on....but Read some of her ramblings on that Facebook page.
She is throwing this guy into the same category as the Central Park 5 and so far her only argument is “Utah is 2% African American so he can’t possibly get a fair trial”

As I wrote earlier, I am not a believer or fan of what she is purporting. Nor, am I a believer or fan of what Norm Pattis is selling in the Dulos case. Nor, am I a believer or fan of this monster's current criminal lawyer who bullies sexual assault survivors. But, I do not want to disparage a lawyer based on their store front office or beginnings of college in a foreign country or that they have an RN degree from said country. I can despise her message and respect her education. I would hope that many on this board can as well.

In my experience, had AA never worked for any of the firms listed publicly on his LinkedIn page, I believe there would have been an immediate, public statement by HR or their information officer, stating that he was never their intern and/or never employed by them.

I'm not sure why it's so difficult to believe that AA had stable employment.

Chris Watts massacred his wife and babies, and his co-workers thought highly of him.

Ted Bundy worked, volunteered, and went to law school.

Gary Ridgway was employed for 30 years by same employer -- benefits and retirement!

MOO
Well he lied about being in the US Army for 2 years, so it's quite likely he lied about other jobs and education, since his dates don't compute...Ayoola Ajayi: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

To be clear ... She will be destroyed in court if she thinks she can take on this case or even get it transferred to another venue. But I won’t slam her for her storefront or for doing low rate legal work. That’s all!

RSBM. Totally agree that she won't be able to transfer the case or that she would be experienced enough in Utah law to be able to provide him with a good defense. You are right.

Yay! Thank you so much. From the article:

[...]

Speaking from her office in New York, attorney Janet Fashakin said the presumption of innocence is a civil right in the United States and she questioned if Ayoola Ajayi will be entitled to that right if the trial takes place in Salt Lake City.

“AJ is being crucified already,” she said.

Fashakin said she got a call from Nigeria, where Ajayi's mother has been reading news reports in disbelief.

“There is no way you can watch all this that`s being said about your loving son and you be able to be at peace,” said Fashakin.

She insists the man the media has characterized is not her son.

“Mrs. Ajayi wants me to let you know that she has a good son. A very hardworking son at that. A son who cares about others," said Fashakin.

The family is afraid judgments are being made based on a limited amount of evidence revealed by police.

[...]

Fashakin believes Ajayi will not be able to receive a fair trial in Utah, at least in part due to his skin color.

“There is no way AJ can get a fair trial in Utah considering the racial disparity over there,” said Fashakin.

Charges have not been filed yet, but once they are, Fashakin is going to work to get the trial moved out of state.

“We are very confident that when all is said and done, AJ will be found not guilty,” she said.

Fashakin said she knows the Ajyais from Nigeria and at this point, she has not been paid for her services.

I do not believe they will be able to move this trial 'out of state.' Out of the county, or a few counties away, for sure. But not out of the state, imo.

So I assume she's referring to AA's brother who is nothing like him?

Sorry... such snark. That made me violently ill.

MOO
I really can't stand guys that put their mothers in this position.

Really gripes me. :mad:

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members