Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #9 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a tragic outcome. @yellowmoose - my heartfelt condolences to you and ML's friends and family. I cannot imagine the pain.

I'm not sure if this interview with a previous Airbnb renter has been posted, but I wonder if there are other victims. IMO - there is much more to tell about AA's activities. Pure evil. "A woman who said she stayed in the basement of a home searched in connection with the Mackenzie Lueck case has spoken about her experience."

"Arce said a couple of weeks after her stay, she received a friend request on Facebook from the homeowner. 'At first, when the invitation came through, I didn’t know who it was,” she said. 'Then I remembered who he was and what he looked like and what his name was – and I was like, ‘Oh, I’m going to kindly say no to that.’ It was just weird. I’m not friends with my landlord.”

https://ksltv.com/416891/airbnb-ren...v1oWJd7osfpV4J66t9Ak38RDdkVLeS_WDGqvOVAec0qTA

Pretty sure she was catfished by this guy and by the time she realized he wasn't who he said he was, she had already gotten into the car, he turned off her phone and from there on it was a horrific situation. RIP Kenzie. MOO
RIP indeed. For some reason, she trusted him enough to go to the park and get in his car at 3am, instead of home to her bed and her cat and roommates, after a late arriving flight and an emotional few days at home. Too bad he was not trustworthy. Too bad he's not human. JMO

Well I am utterly heartbroken. I was really hoping for a rescue, but again another beautiful womans life taken at the hands of a predator.

My guess is this was a fantasy for him, he had the means and the opportunity to live it out and so he did.

I am going to assume he did more to her body than jsut burn it. This is a sick, depraved individual. <modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
its hard to figure out the exact words to say during a time like this......but, nothing really can be said that can take away the pain her friends and family are feeling through all of this and I can think of to say is this below

<modsnipped religious content>

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes more sense why she was willing to meet him at the park at 3am but still crazy. Why the park and not his house?! Wonder how that came about.

He called her "his girlfriend" when trying to get the contractor to set up the soundproof room with hooks and wanted it completed before she "got home" but we know he's a pathological liar, so....

Could have lied to get it done quickly, sounds like he lied a LOT.

No rapid DNA was used. Lab techs just worked their butts off to get results, given the urgency of the situation.
(live KSL)
Impressive, but I'm also not surprised to learn this. We saw in photos LE working overnight at the scene. So grateful for the dedication of the entire team. Proud of them!

My internet went out just as the press conference was to start - ugh.

So I'm a bit delayed to share (((group hug))) with all of us here who followed this case. Very good group on this case, imo, and I know all of us ache for the lost potential of everything ML had to learn, experience, and give to the world. And pure, pure heartbreak for her family.

jmo with tears

I was skeptical that his neighbors reported him burning something... surely he wasn’t burning a body, right? That’s a lot harder than it sounds and smell wouldn’t be something a neighbor would just shrug off.

And now I’m absolutely dumbfounded that it appears this is exactly what he did and the neighbors really did shrug it off... WTH? Really?
My impression from the PC is that AA was observed burning items on 17th and 18th. When they dug in the backyard, they recovered personal items and human tissue belonging to ML.

Maybe he didn't actually burn her body, but buried an item (ie shovel, rake, clothing, purse, etc) that had her human tissue or spatter on them. I bet that is why the Coroner was called to the scene.

Then again, he could be a straight up evil, freak who to wanted to reenact his 'novel' IRL and wasn't worried about getting caught. IDK

JMO

One small consolation: I don't believe she suffered long, I believe she was deceased soon after they met at the park. He was already burning by June 17th, and he'd picked her up at about 3am on the 17th, per presser.

From PommyMommy's excellent post #1057 :

Two things stood out -- First, How incredibly gracious of Greg , Kenzie's dad, to issue a thank you to all who helped to search for Kenzie.

Second, I nearly lost it when the reporter said Kenzie would never hurt anyone and that she has good memories of the two of them taking 'goofy' pics of each other. :(

I am interested further in his participation in all these different meetup groups.

I am disturbed that he appears to be quite computer savvy per his resume. This leads my mind to different places.

I am disturbed by the 3 page list of all his sexual interests that @Gunslinging Granny posted.

Did anyone notice or discuss yet that he mentioned an anxiety and depression group or something of the sort, iirc?

I feel like there’s a lot beneath the surface here we don’t know about yet and I agree with the posters that said there could be a lot more really bad stuff going on with this guy.

I had speculated earlier that the perp may have recorded things—this thought is only strengthened by everything I’ve learned and read so far.

We know this guy is being watched like a hawk, but imagine how his neighbors feel right now.

They’re putting their case together so I anticipate the official arrest ASAP.

Another thought I have is if he kept her alive for a while for his own sick purposes.

I am so far behind, can't catch up. But at the time the meetup link was provided, I saw that list of all the sex interests, etc. But that isn't his, it is Meetup groups that exist. He is listed as having 19 other meetups, you have to click there and they drop down. <modsnipped unnecessary>

Very sad news out of Utah. :( I figured he was burning her stuff but thought burning her remains in a neighborhood was too brazen. Apparently not. :(

Any more info on the guy who said he'd warned Kenzie about him? Am very curious what he picked up on.

It also makes more sense to me why she got in the vehicle with him if she'd been chatting with him and maybe felt like she knew him even if she had never directly met him.

I bet money he acted sympathetic about her grandmother and pretended like he was going to console her and once she got in the car she very quickly realized that wasnt the case. Poor girl.

The ignore button has a purpose - scroll and roll is what I do.

I hope they go through his house very thoroughly, get that mattress and find out if there is anything behind any walls in that basement or his bedroom. JMO - if he has done this before, he got away with it. Maybe that's what made him arrogant this time? But the back yard? I'm just sick over that one.

He called her "his girlfriend" when trying to get the contractor to set up the soundproof room with hooks and wanted it completed before she "got home" but we know he's a pathological liar, so....
How do we know that he was referring to her and not another woman or noone in particular? They mentioned that he got divorced in January. He could have been in other relationships or fantasized about them.

SBM Hi Pommy. "did not meet medical procurement standards"...............
Sounds like a nice way of saying took drugs without permission..... (IMO) ????

If he took drugs without permission, he’d get an “other than honorable” discharge.

I think he was injured or had some sort of a medical condition.

I think this about the time that the military implemented a rule, where if you can’t deploy, you’re out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jseikel