Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #9 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of people work in IT, in lots of different capacities. It sounds like this guy was pretty low level. He also seems to think he is much, much smarter than he actually is.

I work in IT, and I am very good at what I do, but I don't know squat about cyber security, and would fail miserably at trying to cover my tracks online.
Lots of people work in IT, in lots of different capacities. It sounds like this guy was pretty low level. He also seems to think he is much, much smarter than he actually is.

I work in IT, and I am very good at what I do, but I don't know squat about cyber security, and would fail miserably at trying to cover my tracks online.

I actually do work in information security and even I know I could not cover my tracks 100%. Just the world we live in.

I'm new here but I just want to remind everyone that cases like this are why we are here. If there is any chance that we can make the smallest difference in any case then it's well worth it and I want to encourage everyone to be even better after everything we've seen from this. I don't know if we could have done anything more but we sure as hell tried. Again, my thoughts are with everyone who is close to Mackenzie and everyone else involved in assisting with bringing this case to a conclusion.

Not sure if I read this on here in an article link or on another site, but around the 17th or 18th of June, it was stated that the neighbors had reported a smell of burning flesh, etc. I do hope that those who did say that did go to the authorities instead of just shrugging it off, but then again, when these things happen, sadly misinformation does come out and then gets corrected later and I just hope that if this info is correct, I want to believe that a neighbor would of went to the authorities and not just shrug it off

Jeremy Harris on Twitter
PER @slcpd - neighbors say Ayoola Ajayi burning things with gas in his yard on two occasions. I confirmed with @slcfire that they have not responded to any calls at that address in the last 6 weeks. @KUTV2News #MackenzieLueck
11:43 AM - 28 Jun 2019

Jeremy Harris on Twitter
BREAKING: I have confirmed Ayoola Ajayi has been booked into the @SLCOMetroJail . We are standing by to go live with new information on @KUTV2News right now. #MacKenzieLueck

D-KvZkTUwAABavU.jpg

12:13 PM - 28 Jun 2019
He's now showing up on the roster.

How do we know that he was referring to her and not another woman or noone in particular? They mentioned that he got divorced in January. He could have been in other relationships or fantasized about them.

May have been referring to another woman, or maybe there was no real girlfriend. Guess it sounds better saying that he needs the room done "before my girlfriend comes home" instead of "before I try to catfish and hurt some unsuspecting girl".

One small consolation: I don't believe she suffered long, I believe she was deceased soon after they met at the park. He was already burning by June 17th, and he'd picked her up at about 3am on the 17th, per presser.
I hope you're right, but I have a feeling things went violent quickly but they didn't end quickly.

Even though we had warning all along this was going to end badly, I still feel like I've been kicked in the gut this afternoon.

jmo

From KPL Livestream - the man who ML had talked to, about the POI, was "visibly upset and angry" and said that ML and POI had "some sort of arrangement" going on prior to her trip to CA. The man claims to have spoken to ML "several times" about the POI/arrangement, and based on these conversations, the man "did not have a good feeling" about the POI.

This man also knew ML through some sort of app - the same one she met the POI on. The KPL reporter did not provide the name of the app.

If he took drugs without permission, he’d get an “other than honorable” discharge.

I think he was injured or had some sort of a medical condition.

I think this about the time that the military implemented a rule, where if you can’t deploy, you’re out.
Ahh. I was interpreting that as "procured drugs illegally", but you're probably right.

Exactly what I was thinking too. Burning isn't legal, he was so brazen he didn't even worry about someone coming to question him and seeing what he was doing!
He wrote about this in his Amazon “ book” and therefore was familiar with this type of horrid crime since it took place in his country of origin.
Therefore, the animal thought nothing of it.

How do we know that he was referring to her and not another woman or noone in particular? They mentioned that he got divorced in January. He could have been in other relationships or fantasized about them.

True, I was making an assumption (and we know how those often turn out). I think it was based on the timing of it that I got from the article I read... and having this case in my head. It would definitely fit the whole scenario and play into the premeditated angle. I guess we shall see.

University of Utah

University statement about the death of student Mackenzie Lueck | @theU
We are deeply saddened to learn of the death of University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck. Our campus community mourns her tragic loss. We send our heartfelt condolences to her family and all those who knew her.

We know this news is difficult to process and affects many members of our campus community. Anyone in need of support is encouraged to use university resources. The university’s Counseling Center is open to students, and the Employee Assistance Program provides counseling to employees. For after-hours emergencies, a 24/7 crisis line is available at 801-587-3000. Additional resources and information are available at SafeU.utah.edu.

“The death of Mackenzie Lueck is devastating news,” said university President Ruth V. Watkins. “On behalf of the university, I express our heartfelt sympathy to the family, friends and classmates of Mackenzie during this very difficult time.”

Mackenzie was majoring in kinesiology and planned to graduate in spring 2020. She was last heard from on June 17, 2019, and was reported missing on June 20, 2019. The Salt Lake City Police Department filed murder charges today, and the investigation will continue as the department works to present the case to the District Attorney’s Office for prosecution.

From KPL Livestream - the man who ML had talked to, about the POI, was "visibly upset and angry" and said that ML and POI had "some sort of arrangement" going on prior to her trip to CA. The man claims to have spoken to ML "several times" about the POI/arrangement, and based on these conversations, the man "did not have a good feeling" about the POI.

This man also knew ML through some sort of app - the same one she met the POI on. The KPL reporter did not provide the name of the app.

Can we discuss the SD/SB angle now then?

Can someone link to or tell me what the review said on his AirBnB

It was removed from the site.

And think he could get away with it! Why not dump the body somewhere? Murderers are such fools.
As for him not dumping her, I can only think of 2 reasons #1: his car is junk and he couldn't travel far from home (perhaps why he didn't pick her up at the airport) or #2: he got some type of pleasure out of doing this is sight of his neighbors. Evil monster!!

Last edited by a moderator:
From PommyMommy's excellent post #1057 :

Two things stood out -- First, How incredibly gracious of Greg , Kenzie's dad, to issue a thank you to all who helped to search for Kenzie.

Second, I nearly lost it when the reporter said Kenzie would never hurt anyone and that she has good memories of the two of them taking 'goofy' pics of each other. :(
Same. I thought I was well braced for the news, but I also lost it.

ML was loved and will be missed.

And all of us lose when a young person's potential is denied.

jmo

If he took drugs without permission, he’d get an “other than honorable” discharge.

I think he was injured or had some sort of a medical condition.

I think this about the time that the military implemented a rule, where if you can’t deploy, you’re out.
Glad you answered this. I wanted to tag you but I know you're busy reading and working on our book review. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Checkyourhead