UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(KUTV) — Logan City Police announced the arrest of Alexander William Whipple, 21, for absconding from probation on Sunday.

Whipple is the "main suspect" in the case of missing 5-year-old Elizabeth "Lizzie" Shelley. He was booked into the Cache County Jail just after midnight Sunday morning on a failure-to-appear (FTA) warrant with a $25,000 bond.
[...]

He is a convicted felon who was sentenced to prison after engaging in a police pursuit in a stolen truck while intoxicated, Sept. 17, 2017.

His prison sentence was suspended and he was placed on probation for 5 years. The FTA warrant was issued on April 29, 2019, for his failure to comply with probation.

Uncle of missing girl booked into jail on warrant; 'main suspect' in girl's disappearance

ETA: nowhere in MSM is it reported he was arrested for drugs or paraphernalia

That is what he was booked on yesterday. It has changed since then. I think that they just wanted to arrest him on anything, and since then found more information. So the charges changed to something higher.

LE picked Whipple up around 3pm and did not arrest him until midnight. 72 hours applied prior to the arrest.

If your probation is 5 years and the felon is mindful of checking in, etc. for several years then there is leeway to remain out of prison. In fact, even Whipple can bond out awaiting his hearing for probation violation.

I believe parole violation is different. MOO
Thanks, I was confused about the 72 hours and what it related to. I hope he doesn't bond out, but I guess if there are more charges soon that won't be a problem. Imo

Randy Likness‏ @rlikness 7m7 minutes ago
Multiple police agencies continue to search Logan neighborhoods for 5-year-old Elizabeth Shelley.

D7gud-_V4AAP5JH.jpg

D7gud_PUYAExRg0.jpg

D7gud_DUEAAgAHg.jpg

My son who was addicted to meth had never been a violent person. Anyone would say J is the most kindest sweet kid.
One night he took some meth and attacked me. I’ve never saw that person. I feared for my life and his.
Long story short police came. Finally got him out of his room and he was charged for assault on me.
I’m still so sad that happened.
Meth changed my son in ways I would never imagine. Even now that he is in sobriety he isn’t all there from the drugs.

Anyhow.
I hope this sweet lamb is found. I love her carefree hair. Such a cutie.

Disappointed to see she hasn't been found.
Will keep checking back here.
I wish he'd hidden her somewhere and she's alive --even if frightened. :(

Sorry , but I don't see the current punishments for child offenders as a deterrent of any kind !
These types who harm children are constantly repeat offenders. They're seemingly incorrigible.

If he's savagely abused and murdered her -- he needs to be brought out and publicly hanged.
No sitting around for the next 30 + years on death row.
I understand that he's innocent until proven guilty ... and that he (like everyone) deserves a trial and a lawyer to defend him.
*rant over*

Google Maps

Looks like there are some commercial businesses not too far from the home, including a Landfill & Transfer Station. Hope LE is checking nearby dumpsters.

If any of you are following the Duke Flores case, LE is still searching a Victorville Landfill for his body.

That is what he was booked on yesterday. It has changed since then. I think that they just wanted to arrest him on anything, and since then found more information. So the charges changed to something higher.

I disagree he's been charged with "something higher."

In 2017, Whipple was sentenced to prison after convicted of engaging in a police pursuit in stolen vehicle while intoxicated.
His prison sentence was suspended, and he was placed on 5 years probation.

April 2019, he failed to check in, and a warrant was issued for his arrest.

He was picked up by LE around 3pm Saturday and could legally be held for 72 hours without charges.

After midnight/ early Sunday he was formerly booked into Cache County Jail for failure to appear (FTA warrant), and is being held on $25,000 bond. He can post bond while he waits for his hearing on probation violation.

He's a suspect in his missing niece, but has not been charged with anything related to her disappearance as of yet.

I really don't know what "new information" you state they found on Whipple??

This is so heartbreaking!

Police investigating disappearance of young Logan girl

"Officers are considering the situation “highly suspicious.” They are transitioning their search from a rescue to a recovery effort.

Salt Lake County court records show Whipple had a warrant issued for his arrest last month, for violating his probation. In January 2018, he was convicted of felony theft, failing to stop at the command of law enforcement and driving under the influence."
:*( It's a recovery now.
I wondering if he's talking, or if the search warrants Turned up something sinister.

you are absolutely right. My friend has a brother that was addicted to multiple drugs and he was never physically violent. There’s other issues going on when the violence like this comes out other than the drugs. The drugs just makes there be an excuse without knowing the real reason people do horrible things under the influence.

See his FB posts about his ex. Sounds like he’s been violent, imo.

Missing Juveniles and Adults in Idaho Facebook post 2 hours ago.

MISSING GIRL UPDATE: The FBI and the attorney general’s office joined the effort, bringing needed backup and additional supplies for crews who’d worked 15-hour shifts, searching home-to-home near where 5-year-old Elizabeth “Lizzi” Shelley lives.

FBI joins search for missing 5-year-old girl in Logan

by Kyle Harvey

Sunday, May 26th 2019

Law enforcement in Cache County Saturday scoured west Logan for <a href="Police: Suspect found, 5-year-old missing girl still not found" target="_blank" title="Police: Suspect found, 5-year-old missing girl still not found">a 5-year-old girl reported missing Saturday morning{/a}. (Photo: Logan City Police Department / Facebook)

(KUTV) — Law enforcement in Cache County Saturday scoured west Logan for a 5-year-old girl reported missing Saturday morning.

The FBI and the attorney general’s office joined the effort in the evening, bringing needed backup and additional supplies for crews who’d worked 15-hour shifts searching home-to-home near where the Elizabeth “Lizzi” Shelley lives.

The girl’s uncle was jailed Saturday night on an unrelated probation violation, but police say they think he knows more about what happened to Shelley than he’s letting on.

Shelley is 3-feet, 6-inches tall with shoulder-length brown hair and brown eyes. She is believed to have been wearing blue jeans or a teal-colored plaid skirt.

Alex Whipple, 21, was at the home of Elizabeth Shelley’s mother and her boyfriend Friday night. The girl’s disappearance coincides with when he left the home, sometime between 2-9 a.m.

Whipple was questioned for hours Saturday after police found him walking near Hyrum, south of Logan. Police say he’s not been cooperative.

Searchers found a couple of things of “evidentiary value” near the girl’s home that police say indicate she’s likely nearby. The search grid is relatively small, just a couple blocks surrounding the family home.

Neighbors who live between 300 South and 100 North and 300 West and 600 West are asked to review any surveillance cameras they might have between the hours of 2 a.m. and noon for any sign of the girl or Whipple. If you see anything, contact Logan Police at 435-753-7555.

Twice Logan police used a public alert system to solicited information about the girl’s whereabouts and for surveillance footage, but no Amber Alert was issued Saturday.

Police say the situation did not meet the strict criteria for such an alert. Amber Alerts require a “witnessed abduction” and vehicle description.

It’s not believed anyone saw the uncle physically take the child away and he was on foot during the relevant time period.

Missing Juveniles & Adults In Idaho

(KUTV) — Logan City Police announced the arrest of Alexander William Whipple, 21, for absconding from probation on Sunday.

Whipple is the "main suspect" in the case of missing 5-year-old Elizabeth "Lizzie" Shelley. He was booked into the Cache County Jail just after midnight Sunday morning on a failure-to-appear (FTA) warrant with a $25,000 bond.
[...]

He is a convicted felon who was sentenced to prison after engaging in a police pursuit in a stolen truck while intoxicated, Sept. 17, 2017.

His prison sentence was suspended and he was placed on probation for 5 years. The FTA warrant was issued on April 29, 2019, for his failure to comply with probation.

Uncle of missing girl booked into jail on warrant; 'main suspect' in girl's disappearance

ETA: nowhere in MSM is it reported he was arrested for drugs or paraphernalia

The warrants that they are holding him on now were for violating probation on a drug charge and a theft charge. I looked up the warrants before they arrested him to see if they'd be able to hold him without charging him in this case.

Alexander Whipple Mugshot 167294542 - Alexander Whipple Arrest - Cache County, UT

Unsure what you mean he does not commute by skateboard?
Hyrum is 8 mi from Logan, cutting thru yards/parking lots can shave distance & time. We have not heard anyone drove him, he was found on foot, per previous articles.

This is a college town. People walk, bike, skateboard. This is just not unusual at all. Yes, he could have commuted by skateboard.

His post plus the comments on 7-27-2017 gives me a chill.

No need. It was typical teenage relationship drama. Fighting in public comments. Both parties having psychological issues and being depressed publicly. I see it a lot and it always amazes me what people are willing to put out there.

I can't imagine being the girlfriend and her family right now...

When you post your relationship status it will continuously change the pictures to your current profile photo.

It will also put the pictures side by side like that automatically.

I think he has the ability to bring complexity to any situation. From his posts regarding his ex, I’m glad she got away.
I wonder if he’s had lifelong issues? Jmo

It appears both he and the ex did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members