UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting blog posts. It appears this woman's husband sat next to Susan at work.

http://owneroftheband.blogspot.com/

ETA: Updated link so it's all on one page. Scroll down past the cheer-leading post and you'll see the Susan Powell info.

ETA Again: This woman claims her husband sat next to Susan at work. Patty G. brings up a good point below and I agree. Remember anyone can claim anything on a blog.

It could be a co-worker. A December 2008 post says:

Tim gets a job offer with Wells Fargo in Salt Lake two days before Christmas. Wahoo! We can eat. It's a Thanksgiving Miracle.

I'm guessing the results from evidence items taken from the home last week will be in this week and the only question LE will pose to Josh is "Where did you put Susan's body!" If luminol was used on the carpet, traces of blood would have been found, if it was indeed blood. The fans were taken from the home and probably dusted for prints on the plug ends to give evidence as to who had plugged them in. The sled may have been taken and tested as well. When LE has all the answers they can obtain from the evidence then the final question will be asked of Josh, "Where did you leave her body!"
LE is not stupid, they know exactly what they are doing...before they question Josh any further they will have rock solid, air tight evidence that proves he killed Susan. They can then get Josh to fess up by offering to go easier on him or by threatening to slam him to the wall. My prediction is that by the end of the week Josh will be arrested and charged with Susan's murder. I just hope he knows exactly where he disposed of her body and that he tells LE so that she can be easily and quickly recovered.

I keep thinking the wet spot drying had to have been poorly wiped up blood. Enough blood that the family member who went in with the cops could tell it was blood. If it was just a wet spot like from water why would anyone think that meant someone went to a hospital?

Cox said the presence of the wet spot initially gave him hope the family may have simply rushed to the hospital after an accident.

Police to interview husband of missing woman today
By Jason Bergreen

The Salt Lake Tribune

Updated: 12/14/2009 10:28:55 AM MST

West Valley City police say they will again interview Joshua Powell today after detectives meet to coordinate where they are in the investigation of 28-year-old Susan Powell's disappearance and where they need to go.

Powell has been missing for a week now and Capt. Tom McLachlan said the investigation is "moving slowly."

Joshua Powell is not considered a suspect or a person of interest, McLachlan said.

Susan Powell's father, Charles Cox, was in West Valley City over the weekend meeting with investigators and lending his help in trying to find his daughter.

Cox said Saturday that when police initially entered his daughter's home on Dec. 7 to check on the missing family -- fearing possible carbon monoxide poisoning -- that they found two fans blowing on a wet spot. He didn't know where in the house the spot was or what caused the spot.

Cox last spoke to his daughter Dec. 3, when they talked about a box of Christmas toys he sent their family. He learned Susan was missing Dec. 7, and the following day he spoke to his son-in-law for the only time since her disappearance.

Joshua Powell told him he last saw her at about 12:30 a.m.,

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_13994019

Blog of Susan's best friend, Kiirsi.

http://crosscountryadventures.wordp...e-scenes-of-a-missing-persons-case-the-media/

Not much inside info, but it really gives you an idea what the friends and family are put through with the media. Bless her heart for doing everything she can to keep Susan in the spotlight.

ETA: Sorry, the blog of a person who claims to be Susan's best friend. Patty G. brought up a good point, although I definitely think this is legit.

I do think that anyone can blog anything, but under comments Susan's friends and co-workers knew something was very wrong in her marriage with her husband and I think chit going to hit the fan soon.........(no pun intended)

I've been thinking along the same lines. Planned to make sure the storm would cover up evidence. The story might sound hinky, but thinking "no way" isn't the same thing as proving a crime.

She could have been given something that would make her groggy and disoriented, so she came along willingly. We have only his word that she didn't go on the camping trip, and the kid's strange comment about mommy staying in the woods to indicate maybe she did.

True, but if she did go willingly, wouldn't she then take her purse and cell phone along also?
Even if I'm not driving, I always feel more secure if I bring along my purse.

I would be very interested in hearing what he took along on this trip. I'm thinking some men (1 who's not thinking to hard on the best interest of a young child) would fail to bring along certain things to have on hand for the children, different from a caring parent who could forsee having items to help comfort/care for them. Warm clothing, bedding, snacks, toys etc. If Susan was at all involved in packing for her children, I have no doubt many things would have been sent with them.

VB

Hi guys. I haven't logged on for so long. I've been wicked sick for a while with h1n1 and pnemonia. I've been in the hosptial...admitted twice....and on oxygen. It was so scary. I'm only 33 and my husband and i have 3 kids. It was torture for me to be in the hosptial for so long away from them. I was soooo sick...and it's still taking alot out of me. I could've died. My breathing was so bad. The whole thing tramatized me. I'm just soo happy to be alive!!!!
Wow...sorry i vented like that lol.....
Anyway, i saw Susan's story on the news last night here in New Hampshire and i came right on to see what was going on. I admit i haven't caught up on all the reading here yet, but as soon as the news said he took his little kids camping in the middle of the night, i felt weird about it. :(
And then just a few minutes ago, i read that one of the kids said that mommy stayed in the woods????? That gives me goosebumps!!!!! Is there an article where it says they said that? I really want to read it. That is so freaky. Kids don't just say things like that for no reason. :(
Poor girl. How can a human being do this to someone else? And her poor kids who might never see their mommy again.
It's sooooo incredibly sad.....

Our forencis astrology TUBA has prepared a chart for Susan's dinner at 4:30pm on Sunday December 6, 2009.

Hi guys. I haven't logged on for so long. I've been wicked sick for a while with h1n1 and pnemonia. I've been in the hosptial...admitted twice....and on oxygen. It was so scary. I'm only 33 and my husband and i have 3 kids. It was torture for me to be in the hosptial for so long away from them. I was soooo sick...and it's still taking alot out of me. I could've died. My breathing was so bad. The whole thing tramatized me. I'm just soo happy to be alive!!!!
Anyway, i saw Susan's story on the news last night here in New Hampshire and i came right on to see what was going on. I admit i haven't caught up on all the reading here yet, but as soon as the news said he took his little kids camping in the middle of the night, i felt weird about it. :(
And then just a few minutes ago, i read that one of the kids said that mommy stayed in the woods????? That gives me goosebumps!!!!! Is there an article where it says they said that? I really want to read it. That is so freaky. Kids don't just say things like that for no reason. :(
Poor girl. How can a human being do this to someone else? And her poor kids who might never see their mommy again.

IIRC that "kid comment" was a comment made on news article. That one of the kids had said that. Take it for what it's worth. More than likely it's some random poster just posting that for effect, stirring the rumor mill. jmo

So happy that you are recovering and will have a wonderful holiday as a whole family, blessings.

I've really been trying to step back and observe this case objectively, without just automatically assuming the husband did it. So let's say everything happened just as he said, he took the kids camping in the middle of the night and when he returned home his wife was gone.

Even if I can buy that, I'm having a horrible time getting around his lack of cooperation with the media and police. His BIL claims he's done everything the police have asked him to do, but from my understanding he did stand them up for an interview last week, and if that's the case, then that's not exactly true.

I can't stop thinking that if there's nothing to hide then why is he being so stubborn? So far Susan's father and friends have been the ones out in the spotlight, answering as many questions as they can and pleading with the public for help. I suppose there's the ever so slight chance his reclusiveness is just how he reacts to stress, but unless you are seriously mentally disturbed, wouldn't you push past any stage fright for the sake of your loved one? Or if the spotlight was just too much, why no work (from Josh) behind the scenes?

ooh can you post the link please? I have a hard time finding things around here. Thanks :)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4561281&postcount=339"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Forensic Astrology - CASE BRIEFINGS only[/ame]

True, but if she did go willingly, wouldn't she then take her purse and cell phone along also?

I would be very interested in hearing what he took along on this trip. I'm thinking some men (1 who's not thinking to hard on the best interest of a young child) would fail to bring along certain things to have on hand for the children, different from a caring parent who could forsee having items to help comfort/care for them. Warm clothing, bedding, snacks, toys etc. If Susan was at all involved in packing for her children, I have no doubt many things would have been sent with them.

VB

I wasn't thinking of any active participation -- I meant a really drugged out but able to respond to "come on, dear, walk over here" level of willingness.

It occurs to me that he might not have directly killed her at all. He might have left her drugged and semiconscious with inadequate clothing/shelter somewhere where she'd die of exposure and not be found until spring.

VB

COAT,BOOTS,GLOVES,SCARF/HAT.........it's winter!
Where are these items and WHO would take her?
Nope she was taken and dumped.
She didn't need any worldly items such as purse or phone.........
Sadly Josh has to come clean IMO

Any news pressers scheduled?
Any noon news?
What time were the LE asking Josh to come in to talk?
If Josh does not come, can he be arrested for not co-operating?
One week and nothing new???

wouldn't camping in 10 to 25 degree weather with two small children be considered child endangerment? who does this? Of course i don't believe he went camping. I'm betting the children never stepped foot out of the vehicle. couldn't they arrrest him on child endangerment though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousWhiskers