UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if the wet spot was vomit hopefully LE cut the area of carpet and padding out, and ran poison tests on it. If she were poisoned and threw up there's a good chance the some of the poison/drug was in the stain.

Also got a snow question. If the area he supposedly camp at is now covered in snow couldn't they melt the snow to get to the evidence? i just don't get the evidence is now covered in snow.

There was probably snow there before he went. Now he is saying they slept in the van so who knows what evidence there would be.

If the children were well cared for during the camping trip.............
then Josh would not
be charged with anything.
Frost bite or hospitalization would be bad for him.
It looks like the children were cared for though.
IMO, what ever he did, he made sure the boys slept, ate and were warm.
Baby must of been changed.

He is probably wanted control of the 4 year old because he may say things to aunt.
Seems Josh only wanted to get his sons NOW.......instead of Looking for wife first night!

Kids and trips:
When will we be there?
How much further?
I want to go home!
Where's mommy?
I have to PEE! NOW!!
I'm hungry!
They can drive a sane person nuts for 17 hours!
Ever take a big trip with 2 small children???

Surely there will be gas records, (credit card & food receipts,
someone remembers them.

HLN Josh just got attorney!

I do not believe they stayed all night in a cold van.
The heater would overheat, would the generator work as a heater in the van safely?

A gas generator must be out in the open. It puts off carbon monoxide. A generator is like a motor that converts energy to eletric. we had one during ike, and hooked it up to our breaker box to run the a/c, tv, well, and lights. how much stuff can be ran depends on the size of it. Most of them have outlets on them to plug stuff in. The gas ones have to be refilled every few hours. Very annoying and they are very loud. They sound like a loud lawn mower running constantly.

he could've hooked a space heater up to it, but the generator would still need to be in a well ventilated area. What keeps coming to my mind is a power tool ( saw) possibly being plug into it.

if the wet spot was vomit hopefully LE cut the area of carpet and padding out, and ran poison tests on it. If she were poisoned and threw up there's a good chance the some of the poison/drug was in the stain.

Also got a snow question. If the area he supposedly camp at is now covered in snow couldn't they melt the snow to get to the evidence? i just don't get the evidence is now covered in snow.

Good point about the vomit still having traces of whatever poison was in her system, theoretically speaking.

As for the snow question, it would depend how much it snowed in that area between Josh's trip and when LE went there, and also, what type of evidence they are looking for.
The snow would most likely make it very hard, if not impossible to find evidence via K-9's, footprints, tire prints. You wouldn't even be able to tell if there was a campfire recently lit (to make the S'mores). I would think the only evidence they could still find is if something was left at the campsight that had DNA evidence on it (used water bottle, etc).
If there was only a light dusting of snow, it might still be possible to get tire tracks, footprints, etc. But it doesn't seem that was the case, unfortunately.

you guys just don't know how many names I wanna call this guy right now..... I am so disgusted.

The husband of a 28-year-old woman who went missing a week ago without taking her purse or cell phone has retained an attorney.

Well-known Salt Lake City defense attorney Scott Williams said Monday he has been retained by Josh Powell, whose wife Susan Powell was reported missing Dec. 7.

Williams often represents high-profile defendants in criminal cases. Among his recent clients are Wanda Eileen Barzee, who has pleaded guilty to federal charges in the Elizabeth Smart kidnapping, and Christopher Jeppson, one of two men charged in the 1995 murder of Utah County teenager Kiplyn Davis.

Williams declined to say when he was retained and when Powell was going to be questioned again.

http://www.the33tv.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-us-missing-mom-utah,0,2064279.story

A gas generator must be out in the open. It puts off carbon monoxide. A generator is like a motor that converts energy to eletric. we had one during ike, and hooked it up to our breaker box to run the a/c, tv, well, and lights. how much stuff can be ran depends on the size of it. Most of them have outlets on them to plug stuff in. The gas ones have to be refilled every few hours. Very annoying and they are very loud. They sound like a loud lawn mower running constantly.

he could've hooked a space heater up to it, but the generator would still need to be in a well ventilated area. What keeps coming to my mind is a power tool ( saw) possibly being plug into it.

OMG, SAW, Missing Wife, FIRE, SMORE's...................NO!!
Just those words put together upset me, could he? would he?

I think he never made it to the area he is telling LE he went to. If he was a camper he most likely put her in an area where he is fimiliar with that is easy to access in a van in the middle of winter. I also don't think he spent 17 hrs in a van with two kids. LE should contact the pay by cash motels in the area. that or someone helped him...

I do not believe they stayed all night in a cold van.
The heater would overheat, would the generator work as a heater in the van safely?

Which make you think that maybe he left the kids somewhere warm and cozy while he did his thing.

Did he leave them with the sister and bro-in-law?

A vacant house?

A secret lover's?

I just cannot see a person driving three hours one way, three hours back, in 10s degree temperatures, wind, sleet, and treacherous roads to go sit inside a van.

Couldn't he have done that in-town?

I think he never made it to the area he is telling LE he went to. If he was a camper he most likely put her in an area where he is fimiliar with that is easy to access in a van in the middle of winter. I also don't think he spent 17 hrs in a van with two kids. LE should contact the pay by cash motels in the area. that or someone helped him...

ITA!!!
In one of his first media interviews, they reporter asks him where he went camping and he said down south. The Pony Express Trails would be WEST of West Valley City, not South.
Makes me wonder if that was a slip, and he actually DID go somewhere down South.
But I've said it before and I'll say it again, there are SO many places one could get rid of a body in Utah. Abandoned mine shafts, hard to reach spots in the mountains, off any number of cliffs, into any number of lakes or creeks, etc.

You know I wonder if this hadn't hit national news would this lawyer have stepped in? You know there is no way he can afford this lawyer and the lawyer just wants the publicity.

Which make you think that maybe he left the kids somewhere warm and cozy while he did his thing.

Did he leave them with the sister and bro-in-law?

A vacant house?

A secret lover's?

I just cannot see a person driving three hours one way, three hours back, in 10s degree temperatures, wind, sleet, and treacherous roads to go sit inside a van.

Couldn't he have done that in-town?

I think he got rid of the body on the sledding trip and panic set in on the clean up and he just ran with the boys and then decided to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487