UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://policelink.monster.com/news/articles/128131-missing-womans-case-turning-suspicious

pretty much the same info, but a good site...

good morning sleuthers! i see more interesting info came out about 10 seconds after i logged off, lol!
so she still hasnt been found and the husband is continuing to to have really stupid conversations with anybody and everybody. i agree with you all about the missing bedding, how he got the kids up THAT NIGHT, not regularly. when he made the comment about the 'smores it was so "off" that i almost felt like i was watching a comedy skit on mad tv or something. this guy is really pathetic. AND if he killed his bird or just let it die....i have 17 birds, you guys can tell where im goin with that, i dont even need to say it, huh?
on to the "freezer burnt" hands, just toss that into the heaping pile of evidence against this guy and suziq you couldnt be more correct about the "testing the generator", puhleeeeze! hopefully they will find something enough from the warrant search that they will be able to lock this guy up, like today i hope.
the thing that keeps rolling around in my mind is how inept this guy comes off being and from all accounts from friends and family is how NOT inept they describe susan. it really makes me sad to think that she probably just LET this jerk be in control of her life so he could feel like the BIG man and after probably eating his crap for way too long he goes and does this...and it doesnt surprise me to read that he only talks about himself - im sure that is not a new characteristic either :censored: and i know there is never a good time for your dad to murder your mom, but at christmas time? aaarraaghhh!!
ok, im going to go have my first cup of coffee,lol!

http://abcnews.go.com/m/screen?id=9307164&pid=4380645

Susan Powell's Father: Couple Had Marital Problems

Cox, Susan Powell's father, said he still has a lot of questions, including why his son-in-law would take his two young children, ages 4 and 1, camping in a snowstorm.

There are no reports of domestic violence, but, Cox said, the couple had marital problems and were trying to work them out.

"They have had issues in the past … but they had been talking to each other and, according to my daughter, things were getting better," Cox said.

Police urge anyone with information regarding the case to call West Valley City Police at (801) 840-4000.

sorry if this is a repost, but I had not seen it yet today..
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580001,00.html

"They've had problems for a very long time and that's very obvious when you spend a short time with them, you can tell ... they're roommates," friend Tim Peterson told the station.

My hubby and I have been together almost 22 years, we go through periods like this, but not for as long as they seem to have. Sigh.

Family friend Peterson said Powell told him he "loaded up his kids in the middle of the night to go on this little trip to make s'mores," despite snow and frigid temperatures, ABC 4 reported.

ok, wait WHAT??!??!

Here is the video with her father from CBS News:

Mysterious Disappearance in Utah

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYndSg4cBjw[/ame]

Yeah, the new quilt story screams cough ahem bs to me. Major bs. Nancy has picked this story up. I hope he's naive enough to go on with her. So sad.

This may have already been posted:

Police call disappearance of West Valley woman suspicious

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipuDgjGJfOU[/ame]

To Susan: It sounds like you are a wonderful woman. A stockbroker, a mom of two young boys, you bake your own bread, have a garden, can vegetables, seen as self sufficent.
And saddled with someone who may have taken your life. (IMO)

Prayers for Susan.

<snip>

Just doing some thinking out loud here --

Where were the kids when he was doing whatever he was doing to get his hands near frost bitten?

Can someone tell me -- Do folks in Utah commonly wear gloves in the winter -- especially if going out "camping" in sub-freezing temps at nite?

(I also wonder if he *was* wearing gloves but got his hands wet.)
:(

He could have loaded the "camping gear" in the car while the boys were
asleep in their beds.
If he put the boys in a warm car and they were already asleep even if they
did wake he could just tell them they were going camping and I bet they
would fall back asleep and even stay asleep while he unloaded the "camping gear".
I know when I move my sleeping grandkids they stir but they don't wake up.

The weather has been so cold here that the kids at our local school don't go
out for recess.
Most winters I don't wear gloves but this year I have! It is soooo cold.
Right now the weather at the Salt Lake Airport is
12°F (-11°C) with a calm wind.
It has been that cold most of the week!

I will see if I can find what the weather was when he went "sledding and
camping"

Hope this helps!

To Susan: It sounds like you are a wonderful woman. A stockbroker, a mom of two young boys, you bake your own bread, have a garden, can vegetables, seen as self sufficent.
And saddled with someone who may have taken your life. (IMO)

Prayers for Susan.

I agree with your opinion. It also brings back the question I have seen asked again and again again..."Why was divorce not a better option"?:banghead:

ETA" I know I am assuming the worst here. My statement was only if the poor woman was killed. Sigh..

I'm from Utah and I should know this but....
Is Pony Express Trail in Southern Utah?
If so... how far is it from West Valley?
I can't seem to find it on a map.
I"m just wondering how far he would drive to go camping at 12:30
am with two young boys!

I am from Sandy... about 20 minutes from where they live. To drive from West Valley to anywhere in Southern Utah - that is quite the drive. Just to get to St. George it is about 4hrs, give out take. 2-3 more hours you are in Las Vegas. When I read that he claimed he left for Southern Utah at 1230am - please. Taking two young kids at that time of night for that long of a drive. Something is not right at all - and I highly doubt their mother would allow such a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand