UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh can't seem to keep his stories straight. I think he will be arrested soon when he realizes the police aren't buying his story.

LOL! I think Josh did say they went to Southern utah to camp. Then the reporter asked "Like Moab"? He (Josh) said they actually went down to the Pony Express Trail" It sounded like it took him a second or two to come up with where he supposedly went.

It sure is, I either heard wrong or it was a case of bad reporting. lol.

LOL! I think Josh did say they went to Southern utah to camp. Then the reporter asked "Like Moab"? He (Josh) said they actually went down to the Pony Express Trail" It sounded like it took him a second or two to come up with where he supposedly went.

Hmmmm, maybe he really did go to Southern Utah.

I'm from Utah and I should know this but....
Is Pony Express Trail in Southern Utah?
If so... how far is it from West Valley?
I can't seem to find it on a map.
I"m just wondering how far he would drive to go camping at 12:30
am with two young boys!

I was just checking the map out to see how far it was from West Valley. I just used West Valley as the starting point (I didn't use their actual address to map it).

It would take approximately 2 hours 45 mins
to 3 hours 6 mins depending on the route you take.

I'm from Utah and I should know this but....
Is Pony Express Trail in Southern Utah?
If so... how far is it from West Valley?
I can't seem to find it on a map.
I"m just wondering how far he would drive to go camping at 12:30
am with two young boys!

i just cant believe that the first thing out of his mouth was " i didnt do nothin', i dont know where she is"

wow, he doesnt seem nuts to me, just lying...

I was just checking the map out to see how far it was from West Valley. I just used West Valley as the starting point (I didn't use their actual address to map it).

It would take approximately 2 hours 45 mins
to 3 hours 6 mins depending on the route you take.

Thanks!
I’m sorry but…. who would take their 2 young boys at 12:30 am on
a camping trip over 2+ hours away when it is as cold as it is here?
I have seen the reports that he didn’t have a trailer and that he went in his
mini van. Does the campground have cabins?

The police did search the west desert but in the video he said he headed South.
Is this campground West or South from West Valley?
TIA

i hope when i check in the morning there will be a "found" by this thread and i also hope that in the mean time that the grandparents are taking care of those boys cause i dont trust that guy...

:bedtime:

I think that all of these guys that come up with these 'ignorant' sounding stories about how , when , where their wives have mysteriously vanished off the face of the earth seriously have some delusional idea stuck in their head that they won't be as stupid as Scott Peterson or Mark Hacking and will be able to get away with harming their wives.

Obviously these guys also do not watch shows like 'CSI', "The Mentalist', "The First 48", "Cold Case Files", and "Forensic Files". If they had half a brain to do so, they would know that they will get caught eventually. Heck, even on 'Cops', they catch the perp pretty darn quickly.

<snip>

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (ABC 4 News) - The husband of vanishing Susan Powell shows "little interest" in finding her. ABC 4 talked with a friend of the Powell Thursday about a quick meeting between them and Joshua Powell.

"I told him if my wife came up missing, I'd be going nuts, I'd be outlooking for her. What do you think? He's like the cops are handling all that," said Peterson.

Peterson said Powell kept talking about himself instead.

"He was talking about his kids, about his clothes about his sleep. He was talking about his van that police took. He was talking about his house, talking about like I wonder if my bird is dead," said Peterson

Powell allegedly told Peterson that Susan was sleeping Sunday night at around 12:30 when he left the house.

"According to him, loaded up his kids in the middle of the night to go on this little trip to make smores," said Peterson

Peterson didn't say where, but sources told ABC 4 News that Powell claimed to be camping in Tooele County at the Pony Express Trail Campsite.

"I said the weather was bad, was it snowing, he said yeah it snowed pretty good. If you looked at his hands, they looked freezer burned like almost frost bitten," said Peterson. :waitasec:

more here

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/st...West-Valley-womas/uyFIRnZ2KkOW4IlArsxzvA.cspx

<snip>

But Peterson said Josh did talk about having to buy new clothes and a new quilt. :waitasec: He said Josh also told him he last saw Susan just after midnight Monday, when he left with his two young boys to go camping.

Peterson said Josh told him they went camping to test a new generator and make s'mores. :waitasec:

"I said, &#8216;That's kind of odd, isn't it?' And he says, &#8216;We do things like that all the time.' He says, &#8216;I just get them up, they use the bathroom, and load them in the vehicle, and we go,'" Peterson said.

In August, Peterson said Susan confided in him that she and her husband were going to start marriage counseling. He said she told him Josh was very controlling.

"He's kind of in charge. He's in charge of everything: in charge of the computer, in charge of the house, in charge of the kids, in charge of her," Peterson said.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8986844

Just doing some thinking out loud here --

So according to the neighbor, the marriage was troubled -- well, at least it sounds like it was for Susan who was dealing with what sounds like a control freak.

IMO, Josh's statement "I just get them up, they use the bathroom, and load them in the vehicle, and we go" is *not* what they do all the time, but what he did w/ the kids that nite.....woke up the kids & put them in the van.

The additional detail about testing a generator, IMO, is a 'tell' of a liar -- just have to give those little extras even if they don't make sense.

And the comment about the clothes & the quilt -- yowza...hmm - because his were bloody & he needed a new quilt to wrap a body in?? Why would he even bring this up?? Well, except for the fact that he may truly believe people are going to just go along w/ whatever he says. (Major *fail*!!)

Where were the kids when he was doing whatever he was doing to get his hands near frost bitten?

Can someone tell me -- Do folks in Utah commonly wear gloves in the winter -- especially if going out "camping" in sub-freezing temps at nite?

(I also wonder if he *was* wearing gloves but got his hands wet.)

Even the neighbor finds the situation really hinky.

Josh just isn't making sense at all. No wonder LE says they don't know much. (Altho I think they already know more than they are telling us they know.)

I hope that my hinky meter is off the charts because Josh is just 'strange' & Susan is somewhere OK.........but we've all seen how too many of these 'missing' wives cases go. :(

Shivers....shades of Drew Peterson, Scott Peterson, Mark Hacking and all the other sad parade of murderous hubbies who just didn't want to get a divorce

That interview was frightning....he just gets a 4 year old and a 1 year old up late at night to go make smores in freezing weather?? Geeze....and I so agree about the quilt

remember the sad case where the little boy saw his mommy rolled up in a rug and there is another new case with a youngster who saw mommy in a rug....

I will never forget the sad words of Laci's mom .."why didn't you just divorce her" or something like that?

hoping and praying for the best but somehow I think the worst is yet to be heard here

Neighbor: Husband acted oddly during conversation Wednesday night

Neighbor talks about conversation with Josh Powell

"He'd only had like six hours of sleep in two days, and so he was just kind of in a haze. He just really wasn't himself," Peterson said. "Anytime we mentioned Susan, he didn't, he wouldn't respond. He wouldn't talk about her."

But Peterson said Josh did talk about having to buy new clothes and a new quilt. He said Josh also told him he last saw Susan just after midnight Monday, when he left with his two young boys to go camping.

More:http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8986844&autostart=y

Bold mine.

A new QUILT!!!?? Hmmmmmm.......

Omg , I have watched two of his interviews. This guy did something to his poor wife it is completly obvious.
Nobody takes young children out in freezing tempatures to go camping at 12:30 am in the morning...Are you friggin kidding me ?
I hope an arrest comes soon for this man and those children are placed in a safe enviorment that man is a loon...I can not believe he thinks people are buying his story, my thirteen year old could make up a better story then that !
I'm sure there are small amounts of truth in there...he probally was out in the desert area dumping her body..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice