UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Minor point, I guess, but, was it said that Josh brought Susan a blanket when Susan got cold, or did Josh bring a blanket to JoVonna when JoVonna got cold?

I thought it was stated he brought a blanket to JoVonna? (which seems weird to me if Susan was the one not feeling well).

I think there was no way the counseling could work because, clearly, Josh didn't have competent life skills and the deadline for developing them to prevent divorce would only make things worse.

What I wonder is if he even really had a new job. The articles all say he did not call in to work, but according to whom? We know for sure Susan didn't call in, and coworkers have commented.

I might have missed this. Has anyone else seen a quote from the new employer or definite confirmation of the new job?

Thanks.

Excellent point, and one I have been asking about

I have felt from the start this was about Susan telling him that this was the end...either saying "now you have a job so you can move out and support yourself, I want a divorce"...OR , as you suggest, finding out there was NO new job...OR ...Josh deciding he didn't want to go to work after all, and Susan told him it was "over, I want a divorce"

I read on one of the recent "aquaintences" interviews where they said Josh had "been out of work a long time"

the bankruptcy was apparently his, one year he netted $1400....he had 2 ridiculous ugly websites, they look like a teen made them 10 years ago, really amateur hour websites....we don't even know when he was in "IT" for the trucking company or how long that lasted...he might have been fired

oh yeah...he made an ugly, clumsy cheap looking website for his brother's political campaign

what a loo loooo looooser....I am just so sorry that Susan didn't gather the kids, her family and church family around her and make her break publicly

statistically these control freak guys are most dangerous when the woman finally says "this is it, it's over, I want out for good"...then they flip

and Josh is a real flipper JMO

There is a interview with Josh that shows him getting out of the car he rented...I'll go find it:

Here it is, that is his rental car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCXDpQEfZm8

Oh, thank you. I was just posting a question to ask if this is the rental car, but then hit refresh instead of post.

Now, this is the footage that LE subpoenaed. At the beginning you get a good shot of the front of the car and I had wondered if they took the tape to try and examine the car for some information.

Excellent point, and one I have been asking about

I have felt from the start this was about Susan telling him that this was the end...either saying "now you have a job so you can move out and support yourself, I want a divorce"...OR , as you suggest, finding out there was NO new job... <....>

(snipped)

Yes, just like there was no medical school.

Minor point, I guess, but, was it said that Josh brought Susan a blanket when Susan got cold, or did Josh bring a blanket to JoVonna when JoVonna got cold?

I thought it was stated he brought a blanket to JoVonna? (which seems weird to me if Susan was the one not feeling well).

We at first heard it was Jovanne he brought the blanket for, but from this latest video, it's apparently Susan he brought the blanket for. Just a misunderstanding, and apparently minor. LOL, he did bring a blanket into the room! :)

fran

I thought all of the new rental cars had a gps. I wonder why this one didn't? Or did it and he somehow disabled it?

Just curious,
fran

I think there was no way the counseling could work because, clearly, Josh didn't have competent life skills and the deadline for developing them to prevent divorce would only make things worse.

What I wonder is if he even really had a new job. The articles all say he did not call in to work, but according to whom? We know for sure Susan didn't call in, and coworkers have commented.

I might have missed this. Has anyone else seen a quote from the new employer or definite confirmation of the new job?

Thanks.

This may be a bit OT but I agree with the bold. My Ex was a narcissistic butthead among otherthings I won't go into but the first time we went to a counselor, when we were walking out of the office,after our session, he turned and said " your paying him off aren't you "....can you friggin believe that !!!! I told him "yeah, I slipped him a twenty when you weren't looking".....OMG
It just does not work trying to reason with men like that....

I thought all of the new rental cars had a gps. I wonder why this one didn't? Or did it and he somehow disabled it?

Just curious,
fran

After his van was taken by police under a search warrant, Powell rented a car at the Salt Lake Airport for the day. West Valley Police Captain Tom McLachlan said, "We do know a car was rented in his name and several hundred miles were put on it. Unfortunately, we don't have any GPS data. The company that rented the car doesn't store that data."

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/sto...d-miles-on-rental/h1Q-Q0MW302LY8msQiSTWw.cspx

After his van was taken by police under a search warrant, Powell rented a car at the Salt Lake Airport for the day. West Valley Police Captain Tom McLachlan said, "We do know a car was rented in his name and several hundred miles were put on it. Unfortunately, we don't have any GPS data. The company that rented the car doesn't store that data."

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/sto...d-miles-on-rental/h1Q-Q0MW302LY8msQiSTWw.cspx

That honestly doesn't make any sense. They couldn't get rid of the info so quickly. He just had the car a week or so ago. They probably have it on computer files.

oh well..............
fran

Nope. Her claim is very transparent. What she gonna do when the spill comes back as blood or something else nefarious and she has placed herself there while Josh was cleaning it up? Rut roh!

Suzi, fran, or can anybody tell me in which interview (article/video) her friends take up for JP? Musta missed that one.

:parrot:

This may be a bit OT but I agree with the bold. My Ex was a narcissistic butthead among otherthings I won't go into but the first time we went to a counselor, when we were walking out of the office,after our session, he turned and said " your paying him off aren't you "....can you friggin believe that !!!! I told him "yeah, I slipped him a twenty when you weren't looking".....OMG
It just does not work trying to reason with men like that....

Yes. And besides the narcissism thing, if JP couldn't maintain a job or manage money, then what he needed was some counseling to develop functional life skills, not classic marriage counseling.

A counselor might get him to agree to make some changes but if he doesn't know how to make them, what can happen?

Meantime, while the counselor might have been optimistic, poor Susan probably knew all along that Josh's promises would never come to fruition.

And the more I think about it, it seems if he really DID have a new job, and really HAD met that deadline, then he would have GONE to work and Susan would have been HAPPY.

Instead, it seems like it all hit the fan Sunday.

You almost have to think LE was tracking him and knows exactly where he went. It's not believable that he wasn't under surveillance.

If that's true, then they want Josh to think they didn't follow him and can't figure out where he went.

And if that's the case, why do they want him to think that? There must be a reason.

You almost have to think LE was tracking him and knows exactly where he went. It's not believable that he wasn't under surveillance.

If that's true, then they want Josh to think they didn't follow him and can't figure out where he went.

And if that's the case, why do they want him to think that? There must be a reason.

I hope the reason is because they are closing in on him and want to question him so that he may slip up and they can catch him in another lie.
LE sure seems to be very open with the fact that they don't know what's going on, I'm not sure I buy it, I certainly hope they have more then what they are saying...perhaps they are worried he might hurt the children or perhaps run or both...

Pretty much a rehash of previous articles. About the only new thing I saw was Wayne has been receiving some pretty 'harsh' criticism for sticking up for his buddy Josh.

Oh, and Mr. Cox, Susan's dad, said everyone should try and do a good deed over the Holidays for Susan.

JMHO
fran

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14051696

Friend defends Susan Powell's husband

A week after Susan Powell disappeared, her husband was in the worst state of bereavement that Wayne Hamberg had ever seen.

Hamberg, who met with Joshua Powell on Dec. 15, said his friend was capable of tying a shoelace and that's about it.

<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Why would his hands be nearly frostbitten? Because he'd had them in water or spent a considerable time in the cold without gloves. Why would he do that in the middle of the night? He must have encountered hard earth when digging a hole deep enough to bury her. You don't get frostbite from throwing someone off a bridge.

Just drove by it on Sunday and it was frozen as far out as I could see.

Ok and even if there are portions of shoreline which aren't frozen, access would presumably be limited in winter. Thinking there must be major rivers w water flowing year round or he just drove til he found some. When there are those kind of stakes--someone who's gonna be directly linked to a crime--they're just gonna keep driving and driving til that opportunity knocks. And when it's snowing hard, the snow it seems is gonna keep covering your tracks including tires, wheel wells, and any soil LE might hope to recover.

:parrot:

Mystery haunts Susan Powell's friendBy Lee Benson

Deseret News

Published: Tuesday, Dec. 22, 2009 10:21 p.m. MST

<snip>

She and her husband, John, were &#8212; are &#8212; especially close friends of Susan Powell and her husband, Josh. They met five and a half years ago when the Powells bought a house in the same working-class neighborhood on the west side of the Salt Lake Valley just eight months after the Hellewells moved in.

"Something just clicked," says Kiirsi. "We got very close."

<snip>

Equally frustrating is the enigma that is Josh Powell. In the days after Susan disappeared, right up until he took his two sons to Washington to elude the media and police and be with family over the holidays, Susan's husband took regular refuge in Kiirsi's front room, alternating between sobbing and setting up a Web site to help in the investigation.

He never finished either one.

"I just so wanted to ask him so many questions," says Kiirsi. "But I didn't know how."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705353538/Mystery-haunts-Susans-friend.html

This may have been said before but I notice that every time someone tries to pinpoint where he was that night or something about Susan he always says " I gotta, I gotta go get my boys" or "I just have to go get my boys, I'm sorry" ... that is his way of avoiding the ????'s. Guilty as sin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member