UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg thank you Karen... I knew I'd read this early on but was having no luck finding and almost starting to question whether I dreamed it or remembered incorrectly! Please please try to find article again and direct me to this source! :prayer:

:blowkiss:

:parrot:

I did a fast google news search, and came up empty :(

BUT, I will look again tonight, and let you know what I find.

I am not certain on this and did not see that specific interview but based on your description I would guess it was one of Josh's brothers. I heard that one of them were here briefly to help with the kids and whatever else before Josh went to WA.

IMO the man shown arriving w JP (now aka Red Coat) is old enough to be eg his father, not bro... JMO

I was at that vigil and took some pictures and just went back and looked at them and I didn't even notice this before but Josh was in one of them. Here it is: (you can see him back there with his hat on with a look almost like a deer in the headlights kind of look.)

I also approached Josh and talked to him for quite a while after the vigil was over and I did not see anyone else with him except for the boys. I even had to hold Braden for him because the reporter was following him around trying to get him to talk and he didn't want the kids on camera. That night was the only time I saw him since all of this happened, but I saw him for a couple hours that night.

Thank you Ok&3Js... Karen MD assures me she, too, read at least one article reporting JP's father (SP) was in fact in WVC Utah following Susan's disappearance. Of course as I've said, I hardly expected him to have been present at any vigils for the DIL he didn't even want to search for. And if that was by any chance SP (staying off camera, who entered Powell's home having just arrived w JP) I expect that is the only time he was "caught" on camera (albeit face turned) or appeared anything close to "publically," entirely by accident.

Well, I apologize for dragging up the car alarm again if it was already discussed. Apparently, I should have read threads 1 and 2 more thoroughly. :)

But, I must say, if I were JP and the alarm sounded, I would do anything I could to stop the noise right then and there UNLESS I was doing something that in no way could be interrupted. What that something would be, well, I can only continue to speculate along with all of you. But, I'm not convinced he was undoing the gps.

I am assuming they collected evidence and forensics within the first couple days of her disappearance ??????

Actually the navigation was only standard on the Limited. Also, anti-theft and remote keyless entry was, as far as I know, standard on all models. Each type of each model will have standard packages, the options are the difference when purchasing; and only certain options are available on certain types of models.

As far as being able to tell which model they owned by the equipment packages should be fairly easy to figure out, but by the value in 07 isn't as easy.

Here's my best guess: Starting price in 05 was about $20k. If the depreciation is about $2k a year (about right for a chrysler), then the value in 07 would be around $16k. With rebates and incentives it would have, at best, probably only been worth around $23k when bought. That tells me they owned either the base model or maybe LX.

That's my contribution to the thread :dance:

Does "navigation system" mean some sort of GPS or could it just refer to the built in display telling me which cardinal direction I am heading? If it is the latter, then my T&C does have that but I was imagining a full GPS when I read "navigation system." We do have the "panic" button on our keyless entry remote so that may have been what was set off if the rumor is true about hearing the car alarm late at night. I've accidentally set off the panic alarm just by holding the remote "wrong" when I try to open the doors.

I am assuming they collected evidence and forensics within the first couple days of her disappearance ??????

Yep, police say he's free to sell the house cuz they've collected all the evidence they need there. Same for his van -- that was impounded right away and returned a couple days later after collecting evidence. They say results take 4 to 8 weeks, and we are in week 5 now.

Does "navigation system" mean some sort of GPS or could it just refer to the built in display telling me which cardinal direction I am heading? If it is the latter, then my T&C does have that but I was imagining a full GPS when I read "navigation system." We do have the "panic" button on our keyless entry remote so that may have been what was set off if the rumor is true about hearing the car alarm late at night. I've accidentally set off the panic alarm just by holding the remote "wrong" when I try to open the doors.

I'm going with "panic button" on this one. Simply because it's the easiest explanation and more likely to occur. Odds are that they didn't have the extra gadgets installed, given their financial status.

Plus, disconnecting a GPS would be the SMART thing to do. And this is Josh Powell we are talking about. IMO JMO MOO

OKand3js

Is this the color of the van? You said it was dark blue but in all the pictures of Josh with a van, the van seemed lighter.

van2005ChryslerTown1.jpg

5-4.jpg

Thanks for your help!

yeah, good luck selling the house! I can't imagine anyone would buy it under these conditions...creepy...

yeah, good luck selling the house! I can't imagine anyone would buy it under these conditions...creepy...

I think the next owner of the house will be the bank, after it forecloses. This isn't a good market to sell any house, let alone one with this history. I assume he's coming back to get whatever stuff he thinks is worth anything. The rest, I'm guessing he's just going to leave to become the bank's problem.

I wonder if he'll pack up her personal items, in hopes that she will have them in the event that she is found safe. :sick:

I'm going with "panic button" on this one. Simply because it's the easiest explanation and more likely to occur. Odds are that they didn't have the extra gadgets installed, given their financial status.

Plus, disconnecting a GPS would be the SMART thing to do. And this is Josh Powell we are talking about. IMO JMO MOO

Maybe Susan grabbed the keys and set off the alarm if they were fighting in an attempt to alert the neighbors that she needed help.

I just had a look on JP's Realtor website for the first time and I was amazed to see his picture. He looks confident and successful. I had noticed on other photos, such as the family shots, that JP has a weak smile (no way as confident-looking as on his website) and also his posture drooping (IMO). And all the pictures we see of him now plus his "performances" on camera are the complete opposite to how he appears on his website (someone (sorry, I can't remember who) had mentioned earlier in this thread that he had public speaking as one of his areas of interest - which very obviously isn't his strength at this time!!!).

I assume the website photos are older - a time when he was more successful and confident. Does anyone know when the family photos were taken? Are they fairly recent? I assume so, seeing that the baby looks quite 'old' already.

I have seen people fall from success and it shows in their body language and appearance. Maybe his controlling character was reinforced by his downfall (first unemployment and maybe his last job wasn't all that prestigious). At least controlling Susan gave him some power. I assume his wife's success as a stockbroker probably added to his resentment. Some men cannot handle being with a more successful woman.

Does anybody know when JP stopped being a realtor and why his website is still up and running?

Just one last remark about the family photos: If you compare Susan's and JP's appearance on these pictures, I found as soon as I saw them that Susan had a lovely confident smile whereas he appeared to me as a weakling. I was surprised to hear that he is controlling - from the photos I would have said that he was a 'kept' man and that she definitely wears the pants in that relationship. Funny how looks can deceive...

Hello all. New here.

This may have been brought up before, and if so, forgive me. But I've been thinking about the late night camping trip. Does anyone think that it could be a possibility that he burned her body? I sure hate the thought.

Hello all. New here.

This may have been brought up before, and if so, forgive me. But I've been thinking about the late night camping trip. Does anyone think that it could be a possibility that he burned her body? I sure hate the thought.
Welcome a'board' wyome!

Well, it's possible I guess, but in order to cremate remains, it requires one heck of a hot fire and one is not going to get a fire hot enough that easily and it would take a long time over a fire. Plus that time of year a fire in the middle of the night would most likely draw attention I would think.

I think LE needs as much help in this as possible. I do hope that the carpet sample and carpet cleaner particles were sent to the FBI lab. Also, any hairs located in the van should be sent to be tested for poisoning, IMO. Josh may have felt he was thorough in his cleaning of the van, but there should still be hairs from Susan in the van from her having been in it in the past. It is just my thought that Susan was still alive, but in a defenseless state when Josh took her from the house. I further believe that she was not dead in the van, but still alive when he placed her in the woods or wherever he placed her. Maybe just barely alive, but alive.

Of course, this is just my speculation because at this point, we know nothing or next to nothing.

(respectfully snipped) LA you and I really are thinking alike. I too have pictured the possibility that Susan, still conscious inside the house yet realizing she was in a near lifeless or extremely incapacitated state, might have been unable to reach or operate her phone but managed to activate the panic button on the remote key chain eg. I do not think this necessitates that a struggle be going on between JP and she, tho I understand the rationale behind it (that something was occupying or preventing JP from immediately turning it off).

I've also shared your sinking feeling that Susan may have still been clinging to life when JP took her that night in the van--unconscious but still alive. Too cruel and/or cowardly to even finish the job, my fear is JP may have left her to die out there in the elements.
:( :mad: :furious:

If your wife/husband was "missing", would you sell the house ???????? Reminds me of Scott Peterson selling Lacy's car when she was "missing". This defies logic!

Josh is no doubt going to have to put half of the proceeds into an account for his wife, yes?
Until she were to be either found, or determined legally deceased.

I don't think he can sell the house without her signature. I bet he is just letting it go back to the bank.

Maybe Susan grabbed the keys and set off the alarm if they were fighting in an attempt to alert the neighbors that she needed help.

That is along the same lines as what I have been thinking. My car although it doesn't even have an alarm system has a "panic" button on the key flob that sounds just like an alarm system going off.

If one of them were trying to leave and the other one tried to get the keys away from them the panic button could have been hit accidentally. Thus the sounding of the alarm could be the actual time of when the problems began.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003