UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't want to get super-involved in a new case, but for those of you following closely. Why hasn't JP been arrested yet? Did he do that good of a job? Is his alibi that rock solid?

It just seems like the police say they have everything they need. His lack of cooperation, along with his statements, are ridiculous. So what is the hold up?

BBM

The revelation that the forensic results have not yet been completed eases my mind that this is a major factor in the delay of an arrest. The prosecutors need something strong to hold against him and they are probably confident that they'll get what they need once the results are in.

I also believe that they would love for Josh to cave with a confession. He's getting some MAJOR pressure and there's no way he'll ever live a "normal" life if he doesn't turn himself in. IMO that's why LE wants so much public focus turned to "finding Susan" cuz it pisses off the public who don't believe Josh, and in turn the public puts the pressure on Josh.

Right now, there's a lot of circumstantial stuff and no body. Give us a confession and forensics and we've got an open/shut case.

<tick tock tick tock> That's your Freedometer ticking, Joshy.

BBM Brother gives me the creeps also...........why?
I have no idea, he is helping with the move, did he help
that horrendous night also???
Where does brother live?

Brother Michael, another brother, and the youngest sister all live with Dad, Steven Powell in Washington. Strange, strange dynamic...

Does "navigation system" mean some sort of GPS or could it just refer to the built in display telling me which cardinal direction I am heading? If it is the latter, then my T&C does have that but I was imagining a full GPS when I read "navigation system." We do have the "panic" button on our keyless entry remote so that may have been what was set off if the rumor is true about hearing the car alarm late at night. I've accidentally set off the panic alarm just by holding the remote "wrong" when I try to open the doors.

Sorry for the delay in responding. :D

The navigation system would be a built in GPS type display, not the one that shows the cardinal direction.

Brother Michael, another brother, and the youngest sister all live with Dad, Steven Powell in Washington. Strange, strange dynamic...

I'd say.

I would consider myself and abject failure as a father if I had three adult children living in my home.

I'd say.

I would consider myself and abject failure as a father if I had three adult children living in my home.

Not if you consider "control" to be success. From what I've heard on comments around the cyberkingdom, the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

You know I briefly wondered if he was going to confess after he got the kids situated but then I thought maybe I was crazy for even thinking that....
But we shall see.....it won't be much longer; LE will either have the evidence to arrest him or they won't. In time we will know. But no matter what, it's so sad for the children. It will take a long time with pediatric therapy to get them over this. I hope that whoever has the boys recognizes this. I have had students who had a lot less trauma in their lives than these boys have had, and they were still feeling the pain years afterward. As a teacher I can attest that there are a lot of hurting kids out there.......

IMO JP is just already anticipating the noose tightening around his neck because he knows he majorly screwed up the plan by leaving evidence behind for LE. If maintaining control, ie custody and getting his boys away from LDS was the motive, to see them now awarded to Coxes will have defeated his entire purpose! He knows it's just a matter of time. Meanwhile he's trying to ensure he establishes HIS family as the "status quo" living arrangement of boys :sick: versus allowing custody of children to go to Coxes... who would undoubtedly raise the children and keep them in church. I agree that JP and SP are both vehemently opposed to the boys being raised in the church. JP has no real intention of taking his children to church and any pretense of this now is just that--to hide his motive, and also for custody's sake. He and daddy have had a plan--they may have moved on to Plan B, but they are still working it.

:parrot:

Has Susans Bishop made any statements about her missing and Josh. Has anyone seen any reports of this?

I really don't want to get super-involved in a new case, but for those of you following closely. Why hasn't JP been arrested yet? Did he do that good of a job? Is his alibi that rock solid?

It just seems like the police say they have everything they need. His lack of cooperation, along with his statements, are ridiculous. So what is the hold up?

Even in the Laci Peterson case, LE submitted the file to the DA, IIRC, in late February or early March. The DA came back and said, "Let's keep looking for her body," or something close.

There really hasn't been a conserted effort to actually physically locate Susan because, frankly, LE doesn't really know WHERE to look. I drove through Utah this summer and there are miles and miles and miles of open road. LOL, we even stayed in a little town, gas station, motel, couple eating places, that you'd better not blink or you'd miss it!

Everything is circumstatial at this point and lacking the BIGGEST evidence they need, {proof} that Susan is actually dead.

IMHO, Josh just gave them all the {proof} I need to say "Susan is dead" but I'm sure it's not enough to convict.

This may be a long-term wait until the snow starts melting and someone either stumbles over Susan or they've managed to get an IDEA of where she may be and form search teams. They already went to the camping area he originally claimed to be at, with dogs et al, and found nothing.

JMHO
fran

I hope this doesn't turn into another Michelle Young like case. It took way to long to arrest her husband.

I think Josh is a coward, jmo. I also think he does not want the boys to be with Susan's family if he is arrested. This is really horrible for them.

You're right fran, yet even the spring thaw is a needle in a haystack IMO. I just feel this case hinges upon electronic trail of not only JP but anyone they suspect may have assisted him. Analysis of phone data, computer searches, card purchases of food or fuel eg, and if nothing else video and camera surveillance. Other forensic trace evidence, ie steam cleaner, carpets, quilt, van etc wil all be the nails in the proverbial coffin. Even w/out body LE could have enough to build a strong case IMO.

:parrot:

Josh's family is amazing me. How can you protect a killer? You can be supportive of your family, but encourage them to come clean at the same time.

I know there has been quite a bit of speculation about J's father possibly coming to his aid, now I'm wondering if maybe his brother might have helped out also. Is there anybody in the Powell family that seems concerned about
Susan missing?

VB

I know it was stated in earlier news articles that Josh's sister there in Utah was VERY close to Susan. IMHO, I think we can pretty well figure out that the reason Josh is packing up and moving to Washington to be protected by his daddy, can be determined by past news reports.

Josh's family in Utah, ie his sis' husband, bil, said he 'thought' Josh was going to be arrested and he 'hoped' Josh had nothing to do with Susan's disappearance. PLUS, Josh's sister stated publicly she's disappointed Josh has not been more forthcoming.

OTOH, you have news reports where his dad refuses to speak publicly or give interviews and says his son is being 'villified' and he knows 'he will be too and his ex-wife and the other kids,' and that everything they say will be taken wrong.

Then we have his brother Michael accompanying Josh to Utah to move Josh's possessions and he even calls the police to report Mr. Peterson because Mr. Peterson wanted to retrieve the play set he'd given the Powells just prior to Susan disappearing. Mr. Peterson wanted to give it to another family in the 'Ward,' yet Michael reported Mr. Peterson as trespassing.

All that and Josh is still in HIDING! What a baby! :loser:

I think it's safe to say that at the least, Josh's sister and her husband are VERY concerned about Susan. I don't know about his mom, she's pretty quiet, haven't heard a peep. As for the family in Washington, not so much concerned with Susan. :mad:

JMHO
fran

Josh's family is amazing me. How can you protect a killer? You can be supportive of your family, but encourage them to come clean at the same time.

I'm seriously praying that the anonymous posting we saw on the news site, that Josh just was waiting until after the Holidays to turn himself in and tell them where Susan is, COULD POSSIBLY be true!

I'm honestly impatiently waiting to see if this comes to be.

I can HOPE!

JMHO
fran

I remember reading an article about Susan keeping a notebook, and writing about all the problems she was having, and her fears. Does anyone know what types of things she was writing about?

Be patient with LE. Last fall, 5 members of a family in a small Illinois town were brutally slain and a 3-year old girl left barely clinging to life in their own home (all bludgeoned, very violent, lots of physical evidence). With local LE and the FBI involved (to profile and/or rule out serial killer/mass murderer situation), I believe it still took about a month before we saw the arrests/arraignments of the two family members and two additional accomplices. While on-line posters were bashing LE for taking so long and not releasing more details, LE was going through tons of evidence...getting their ducks in a row...and then secretly meeting with a grand jury. Hopefully that will happen here, too, but it will likely take longer due to the lack of a body and a lesser volume of other physical evidence.

I found the address of SP's house in Puyallup (I can NOT type that!) from MP's candidacy filings, then compared the style of the house from satellite (I guess they don't let Street View drive thru gated communities) to another that recently sold.

That's only a 4 bedroom house...housing 5 adults and at least 2 children! Doesn't seem like much of a long-term arrangement to me...

I'd say.

Sounds like someone who enables his children and doesn't want them off the leash. 1 adult in the home - plausible. 2 adult children - way above normal statistics. 3 adult children, and grandchildren - wack job!

My parents had 4 children and we were all expected to leave at 18, and prepared for it accordingly. Sound a bit harsh? yah - but we're all very independent today. And so far, none of us are POI in our spouse gone missing.

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member