UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Families are notorious for protecting members that have committed crimes. Now, I would not ever cover for ANY family member that I thought had anything to do with a heinous crime. (Cindy/George Anthony and many others that I see on local news who state on camera, "MY son would NEVER do such a thing!) So that does not surprise me especially since SP was against Susan's forcing LDS on Josh.
IMO LE has forensically what is needed for arrest, but they want all their ducks in a row to provide a complete case, with little chance of "technical difficulties." This takes a long time, sometimes I am not sure why, but it must have to do with lab procedures and paperwork.
It is just a matter of time until an arrest is facilitated. JP can run, but he cannot hide. LE knows where he is 24/7 I am sure. LE is laying low, hoping for a mistake by JP (such as going back to check the body - although he may have already done that during his 24 hour disappearance right after she became officially missing), or a straight-up confession.
Finding the body would be great - but unlikely anytime soon.
Josh - hope you are scared. You should be.:furious:

It's really too bad that the Powell family didn't let the boys temporarily stay with Josh's sister. I assume IF she were close to Susan, she probably had a relationship with her nephews. How well could the boys know Grandpa Steven when he lives in Washington and because they are so little?

It seems logical to take them to a familiar place around familiar, safe people. (Normally that place would be the home of Josh and Susan.) But an aunt that they are familiar with that lives in the the area sounds like the better Powell home than Steven's.

I've been waiting for 'Eyes for Lies' to get back from vacation & post her thoughts on Josh Powell.

No surprise folks...she agrees with world+dog about the 'blue beanie' interview.

Can't post the link but it's eyes for lies blogspot .

Yay!! I'm so glad she is back from vacation, I have been waiting for her to weigh in also.

Yay!! I'm so glad she is back from vacation, I have been waiting for her to weigh in also.

Does anyone know how to do a title search on Josh & Susan's home? The reason I'm curious is he said he is going to sell the home. Well, how can he sell it without Susan? There's no death certificate, and she would certainly have to sign if the home is in both names.

Question: it would show a controlling Josh if the house was in his name only, and therefore, he could sell it no problem.

However, I haven't a clue how to look this up. Does anyone know? Or, has this been done already?

Thanks so much - I'm aching to know.

Mel

Does anyone know how to do a title search on Josh & Susan's home? The reason I'm curious is he said he is going to sell the home. Well, how can he sell it without Susan? There's no death certificate, and she would certainly have to sign if the home is in both names.

Question: it would show a controlling Josh if the house was in his name only, and therefore, he could sell it no problem.

However, I haven't a clue how to look this up. Does anyone know? Or, has this been done already?

Thanks so much - I'm aching to know.

Mel

http://www.assessor.slco.org/cfml/query/valuationinfo.cfm?parcel_id=14353070270000&nbhd=755&PA=

They are both on the deed. IMO that house is going into foreclosure before it sells.

ETA: This very topic is the subject of another thread, and there's a lot of good info there: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4647401"]Josh Plans To Pack Up Utah Home. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I didn't realize for awhile that last night Susan got her own folder with different sub-forums in it!

Talking about this case on HLN news right now. Jovanna was just on - and she states that she is upset that JP is moving - it seemed to her that he has given up on Susan. more after the commercial.

While helping and protecting a murderer in your own home, what the heck would you talk about?
Like on Christmas........."Merry Christmas Josh! How did you sleep? It's a shame Susan isn't here!"
"Susan's been gone now 1 month, want to move in with me? Let's go pack you up and get your BIRDS"
These are my words and my thoughts.........People amaze me.......how can they go on with just on normal????
and if someone can kill once, do not think they can't do it again........warning to family!
JMOO

It's really too bad that the Powell family didn't let the boys temporarily stay with Josh's sister. I assume IF she were close to Susan, she probably had a relationship with her nephews. How well could the boys know Grandpa Steven when he lives in Washington and because they are so little?

It seems logical to take them to a familiar place around familiar, safe people. (Normally that place would be the home of Josh and Susan.) But an aunt that they are familiar with that lives in the the area sounds like the better Powell home than Steven's.

I agree, but Josh knows his 4/5 year old is smart and may give a few clues out!!!!!

Talking about this case on HLN news right now. Jovanna was just on - and she states that she is upset that JP is moving - it seemed to her that he has given up on Susan. more after the commercial.

I watched Jovanna on HLN. For her to say that it seems Josh has given up......is an understatement. He never gave any help to begin with. How can he give up. He knew all along he was going to sell the house. I feel she gives him way too much credit. JMO

Here's a link to an article about Josh moving to Washington that I just put on the media thread. I think the attorney's statement about says it all. ;)

http://www.kndu.com/global/story.asp?s=11787227

"Joshua Powell's attorney, Scott Williams, will only say that Salt Lake doesn't currently provide his client with the financial and social support his family needs."

I think it's other words for 'everyone here thinks he's guilty so he's slinking away.'

Oh, on another note, I saw a clip where the reporter said Josh had put out a call for help in moving his belongings......ehhhhh...............it wasn't too overwhelmingly received.:banghead:

Oh, well, he always has his brother Michael. :snooty:

JMHO
fran

<snip>
Oh, on another note, I saw a clip where the reporter said Josh had put out a call for help in moving his belongings......ehhhhh...............it wasn't too overwhelmingly received.:banghead:

Oh, well, he always has his brother Michael. :snooty:

JMHO
fran

I saw somewhere that he had asked members of his UT church ward for help. IIRC Kiirsi told that to Deseret News.

Totally O/T

Note to Self: Remove keywords from my Google bar before I hand the computer over to hubby. I just about left it up with "can a spouse sell house when other on deed is missing" in the search field! Can you imagine what you'd think if you saw that?? LOL poor DH :)

My understanding is Josh can not sell the house until she is declared dead.

Very well could be her. Wonder where Josh is right now.

If the body is actually wrapped in plastic and duct tape that would likely yield plenty of evidence. I also wonder where Josh is right now. This could be quite a news night in the case, or it might be the Susan mystery continues and another family hears very sad news. We'll just have to stay tuned.

The report says the body is 12 miles west of West Wendover, NV out in the desert. That is about 130 miles straight down I-80 from West Valley City, UT. A little over a 2 hour drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3