UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't help but wonder about his father, why he would be so interfering in his children's lives, to the point that 3 of them have moved back home with him? I don't think he is all there, either.

I also got the impression Josh wasn't close to his dad; I read elsewhere that he and his dad weren't close - and he has family living close by in Utah (sister and mom?). So why move out of state into a family member's home your not close with and possibly be estranged with all these years?

(snip, bbm) Oh his daddy has "been there," a little too much... every step of the way IMO. :rolleyes: Ie he and daddy were a little TOO close, from reports he spent more time on the phone w daddy than he did talking to Susan... which eventually became another sticking point. The link to this also in SP threads.

:parrot:

DrFessel, sorry for the confusion. The 'manipulating to get rid of her' was in relation to Josh's dad and mom, and about their messy divorce. I can see where I was a bit vague in my post and apologise.

You can't help but wonder about his father, why he would be so interfering in his children's lives, to the point that 3 of them have moved back home with him? I don't think he is all there, either.

I also got the impression Josh wasn't close to his dad; I read elsewhere that he and his dad weren't close - and he has family living close by in Utah (sister and mom?). So why move out of state into a family member's home your not close with and possibly be estranged with all these years?

IIRC, Josh's dad had full custody of all the kids following the divorce. I believe Josh is close to his father and always has been.

It's creepy to me that the majority of his adult children are living with him. Makes you wonder if they are incapable of surviving on their own without his control. Then again, it could just be that the economy has made it impossible for them to live independently.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...Josh-Powell-pack-for-move-from-Utah.html?pg=2

Kiirsi Hellewell said the next step will be a fundraiser but said she didn't know what it would be or where the funds would go.

I wonder what the funds will be for, to help him since he doesn't have a job?

It's hard enough for some to understand helping Josh pack. But, a fund raiser for him? So he can finish his basement, perhaps? That seems way over the top - very hard to understand.

Maybe it's for Susan's family - I'm sure they've incurred expenses for the blitz, maybe even a PI or something like that.

Guess we'll just have to see how this plays out, but if the money is for Josh, that won't endear people to the family's cause.

IMO

(snip, bbm) Oh his daddy has "been there," a little too much... every step of the way IMO. :rolleyes: Ie he and daddy were a little TOO close, from reports he spent more time on the phone w daddy than he did talking to Susan... which eventually became another sticking point. The link to this also in SP threads.

I meant mentally not there. Very disturbing about the phone calls. So what is it with 'daddy' that he can't let go of his kids?

It's hard enough for some to understand helping Josh pack. But, a fund raiser for him? So he can finish his basement, perhaps? That seems way over the top - very hard to understand.

Maybe it's for Susan's family - I'm sure they've incurred expenses for the blitz, maybe even a PI or something like that.

Guess we'll just have to see how this plays out, but if the money is for Josh, that won't endear people to the family's cause.

IMO

IMO, any 'fundraiser' should be only for the purpose of funds being there for Susan's kids. 'Poor Josh' cant fund hs own lawyer.

Sounds like he's just handing the house back to the bank. House was in both their names. He can't sell unless he declares her dead. Their pymts were up to date as well, not like they were behind in pymts.

I have read some of the posts regarding friends helping Josh move. I don't care about the religion and helping your fellow man. We have a young mother missing here. If she had died in a car accident would he be making such an early move? No this man thinks he is above everyone and probably thinks he is getting back at his mother for his parents divorce. I will be so elated overjoyed woman when the law press charges on him. He does not appear to have concern about Susan's well being.
I try to avoid this thread because my thoughts oh well.

I have read some of the posts regarding friends helping Josh move. I don't care about the religion and helping your fellow man. We have a young mother missing here. If she had died in a car accident would he be making such an early move? No this man thinks he is above everyone and probably thinks he is getting back at his mother for his parents divorce. I will be so elated overjoyed woman when the law press charges on him. He does not appear to have concern about Susan's well being.
I try to avoid this thread because my thoughts oh well.

I empathize with you. This whole situation is very disturbing, isn't it?

I think Josh is getting things set up in regards to his children. If he is arrested at least the boys will be set up already with his father probally in hopes they just stay with him ( his dad). I have been wondering what will happen to the boys and more then likely the court will allow the kids to stay with what they are use to which will be Josh's father home.
It worries me that Susan's parents may be cut off from the children if that happens, prayers are with them.
What a selfish, selfish person Josh is. I certainly hope they have enough to arrest him soon. There is no doubt in my mind what happened here in regards to Josh and Susan I just hope he doesn't get away with it for years.....

Yes said this all along mystic... they know the 'status quo' is the arrangement the courts will favor thus where kids will most likely go. JP and SP have a plan--it's no longer Plan A due to early reporting and discovery of evidence--but they're still working it. And the object of their game is and always has been to establish custody of boys w Powells (eventually severing their LDS ties altogether). Any actions in the meantime which appear to contrary (taking boys to church eg) are strictly showmanship for immediate purposes of concealing JP's true motive, and salvaging SP's master plan and agenda. JMHO

IMO, any 'fundraiser' should be only for the purpose of funds being there for Susan's kids. 'Poor Josh' cant fund hs own lawyer.

Sounds like he's just handing the house back to the bank. House was in both their names. He can't sell unless he declares her dead. Their pymts were up to date as well, not like they were behind in pymts.

The fundraiser will obviously be to help keep the search for Susan going, not for Josh's benefit. If they make more than needed for that, say because she is found quickly through the services of a PI, any remainder may go into college funds for the two boys, but I don't see Josh getting 1c of the money.

The house may have been up-to-date on payments on 7th December, but there probably hasn't been a payment made since. How many missed monthly payments does it take before the bank forecloses. One? Two? It won't be many. Those monthly payments have to be made monthly.

I agree with his sister and BIL, he has options for staying in UT other than staying in the house and he isn't pursuing them. He isn't searching for Susan, and he isn't helping LE or anyone else search for her. Nothing says GUILTY to me more than that.

Originally Posted by mysticrose
I think Josh is getting things set up in regards to his children. If he is arrested at least the boys will be set up already with his father probally in hopes they just stay with him ( his dad). I have been wondering what will happen to the boys and more then likely the court will allow the kids to stay with what they are use to which will be Josh's father home.
It worries me that Susan's parents may be cut off from the children if that happens, prayers are with them.
What a selfish, selfish person Josh is. I certainly hope they have enough to arrest him soon. There is no doubt in my mind what happened here in regards to Josh and Susan I just hope he doesn't get away with it for years.....​

I have thought about his kind of thing in a general scenario. For example, this case. Right now he's got custody, but if he's guilty, and if she has other family able to raise the children, should her side of the family get custody? I know its a loaded question with circumstances. I can't imagine the strain on a family left behind after such a tragic event raising the children and involving both sides of the family, without any animosity.

The fundraiser will obviously be to help keep the search for Susan going, not for Josh's benefit. If they make more than needed for that, say because she is found quickly through the services of a PI, any remainder may go into college funds for the two boys, but I don't see Josh getting 1c of the money.

The house may have been up-to-date on payments on 7th December, but there probably hasn't been a payment made since. How many missed monthly payments does it take before the bank forecloses. One? Two? It won't be many. Those monthly payments have to be made monthly.

I agree with his sister and BIL, he has options for staying in UT other than staying in the house and he isn't pursuing them. He isn't searching for Susan, and he isn't helping LE or anyone else search for her. Nothing says GUILTY to me more than that.

ITA w bold. IMO it would be unthinkable for either JP or SP to ever have ANY control or say over how funds are allocated--and not :twocents: of that had ever better go toward a JP Defense Fund. :rolleyes:

That may vary from state-to-state.The house we are renting is in foreclosure. Landloser stopped pymts starting July of '08. Legal action didn't start till November of that year? You can imagine our surprise to get a Happy New Year! starting Jan '09, getting served with a summons and learn the house is being foreclosed on. We are still here; I imagine by this November or so the procedure should be complete. It takes two years in this state to get through the foreclosure process.

I have thought about his kind of thing in a general scenario. For example, this case. Right now he's got custody, but if he's guilty, and if she has other family able to raise the children, should her side of the family get custody? I know its a loaded question with circumstances. I can't imagine the strain on a family left behind after such a tragic event raising the children and involving both sides of the family, without any animosity.

Yea only difference is, one side of the family had a hand in CAUSING this tragedy... and one DIDN'T.

PRAYER'S FOR SUSAN'S BOYS TO BE W THEIR MATERNAL GRANDPARENTS OR COX FAMILY--WHO LOVE THEM ENOUGH TO EVEN RISE ABOVE THE POWELLS SELFISH CONTROLLING WAYS.
:prayer:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...Josh-Powell-pack-for-move-from-Utah.html?pg=2

I wonder if Josh bought those high dollar moving boxes with Susan last check?

6 pictures with the story.

They cost alot.

http://store.uhaul.com/boxes.aspx

Didn't he used to work for a trucking company? I wonder if there were some ties he had with some folks somewhere that got him a discount or something?

I wonder if anyone has contacted any of his previous employees to find out what it was that he kept losing jobs. I had read that that was why they moved to Utah, was to get a 'fresh start' due to him having so many employment problems in Washington state. So much for the 'fresh start', eh? Doesn't sound like that had anything to do with him and his inability to hold down a job.

Yea only difference is, one side of the family had a hand in CAUSING this tragedy... and one DIDN'T.

PRAYER'S FOR SUSAN'S BOYS TO BE W THEIR MATERNAL GRANDPARENTS OR COX FAMILY--WHO LOVE THEM ENOUGH TO EVEN RISE ABOVE THE POWELLS SELFISH CONTROLLING WAYS.
:prayer:

Totally agree with you on that one. Can't imagine the families who go through such a loss, and then find out the family of the spouse who is guilty gets custody of the children. I shudder to think what 'grampa Powell' must be telling her poor boys. :shakehead:

People who knew Josh before this happened say he was a non-stop talker, but now he's unusually quiet especially concerning Susan. Have you ever been trapped with a non-stop talker? You give them hints you need to go, but they just keep talking, selfishly ignoring your discomfort. Josh sounds like he was like that. Somebody needs to get him talking because once they do, he might not stop.

But we do know he wishes he could have finished the basement of the house before moving. He's so concerned with unfinished business. It's quite strange to be worried about the basement when his wife and mother of his children has been missing all this time! Could he have been worried about the basement having some clues that he forgot to get rid of?

People who knew Josh before this happened say he was a non-stop talker, but now he's unusually quiet especially concerning Susan. Have you ever been trapped with a non-stop talker? You give them hints you need to go, but they just keep talking, selfishly ignoring your discomfort. Josh sounds like he was like that. Somebody needs to get him talking because once they do, he might not stop.

But we do know he wishes he could have finished the basement of the house before moving. He's so concerned with unfinished business. It's quite strange to be worried about the basement when his wife and mother of his children has been missing all this time! Could he have been worried about the basement having some clues that he forgot to get rid of?

Which is why he's been so tight-lipped. Probly another reason he's so anxious to move out of state. Sounds like where he's moving to in Washington isn't reporting much on the case.

:sigh Another article I missed, I see, LOL! Where was that reported? Do you remember? If not, no worries.

Just checking in with some ideas...

1) I keep reading on Desert News at the reader comments that a lot of people seem to think that Susan ran off on her own?

From what I've read, she seemed unhappy with marriage but was a great mother and loved her children dearly. She also left the house with no belongings and didn't take a family car or buy plane tickets on any credit cards etc.

The only place she could have gone would be Mexico, since Canada and all other international countries require a US passport on the outbound travel as well. If she did go to Mexico, she can not enter the US again without a valid passport. I really can't believe that Susan would dip out to Mexico for the rest of her life with with no Spanish knowledge/connection to country etc. The only way she can re-enter the US would be with a valid passport (which she would have to have with her, if she had one at all).

I can't believe she would have left her children with Josh and plan on never seeing them again. It seems totally out of character for her, and while I can understand that stressful situations (crumbling marriage, financial issues etc.) provoke unusual responses for people...it is hard for me to imagine a caring, loving mom like Susan just leaving her boys behind.

2.) Also seems that a lot of discussion is going on about Josh leaving the country to Canada with the boys to avoid any potential prosecution. Once again, him and his children would need valid passports to cross over and the US and Canada do have shared extradition laws. Josh doesn't seem to be too bright, so good luck with that buddy.

3) I am confused about the forsenics everyone keeps talking about on here...I know they found the wet spot on the carpet, but couldn't that be immediately tested to find out if it was human urine/vomit/blood etc.? Just cut out the carpet, since the padding underneath would still be wet...even if one had fans running on it.

4) Does anyone know what the deal is Susan's family getting visitation with the little boys? I sure hope they have contacted a family lawyer, since I would be concerned about parental issues on Josh's behalf (smores and camping with toddlers in snow/winter at night?) and also the quick separation from Josh with Susan's family.

Have Susan's parents/siblings seen the boys at all? Now that they will all be in WA State, it will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste