UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be her.

At least they are considering the possibility, that's for sure.

Updates from the KSL story: "
"We received a report that someone had a body wrapped in plastic in the Pilot Valley area," said Elko County Undersheriff.
Doug Gailey said he has reason to believe it is a human body inside that plastic bag, but investigators have not identified the age or sex of the victim. For now, the body is still wrapped in plastic and duct tape.
"My guess is that they're probably waiting to process the physical evidence around the scene before they open it up," Gailey said.
KELK radio told KSL that area is remote and there are no missing persons in Elko County they are aware of."

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9265156

I'm nowhere near caught up with this thread but I wanted to say a big THANKS!!! and WELCOME!!!! to OKand3J's

You've been so gracious to give us a glimpse of the Powell's day-to-day family life. I appreciate your giving us some insight into Josh's family, as well. It must be so difficult for you, as a friend of Susan, to have to endure no knowing what's happened to her. My heart goes out to you, your family and friends and, of course, the Cox family.

ETA: OMG!!!! I just scrolled down to see the latest news...a body found????

Would Susan be in that height range? How far away from her home would that be?

Should we start a thread for this recent news?
Done Patty!
Thread here:
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93722"]Body Found Near Utah/Nevada Border 01-07-2009[/ame]

Just now on KUTV2 reports from the scene are that the body is that of a hispanic male.

Just posting the news as reported. Who knows for sure. Have to go for now, will check back in later.

Additional story on channel 4, Kiirsi talking about Josh packing up moving back to Washington. She and her husband will be helping him, "he's still a friend. Nothing's been proven."

Just after the Josh bit, they mention the story about the body in West Wendover. They reiterate the body is a human body.

Well I hope Kiirsi has been packing slowly.

JVM was on talking about pretty women and it seems they are more vulnerable to be
in domestic abuse.
She called it "LEARNED HELPLESSNESS"............

I'd have a hard time helping him do anything. I mean, every thing points to him in some way regarding Susan's disappearance....why in the world would he and the kids move out??? How does he know she won't be back...Come on. And think about the boys, the friends that they have and there seems to be a lot of support within the church community...Nope, doesn't set well with me. I hope that the boys get into therapy so they don't have to hold it all in. I had a student whose dad killed the mother and it took him a long time to get healed. It was so, so sad....

Additional story on channel 4, Kiirsi talking about Josh packing up moving back to Washington. She and her husband will be helping him, "he's still a friend. Nothing's been proven."

Message to Kiirsi: Yes, nothing has been proven but we do know this. There are only two possibilities.

1) He’s guilty.
If this is the case I’m sure you’re not going to remain friends with the murderer of your “best friend”.

2) He’s innocent.
If this is the case then shouldn’t he be helping to find your “best friend”? In fact his actions have been despicable and a hindrance to LE in locating your “best friend”. He is putting his concern for being accused for the disappearance of your “best friend” ahead of his concern for his missing wife. Even if he’s innocent he’s not someone that you should remain friends with.

These are the only two possibilities. Whichever one you chose I can’t see how you can remain friends with this creep.

It makes me think that you are helping him pack so that you can become a “person of interest”. Not to the police but to the media. You seem to be enjoying the media attention a little too much to be a true “best friend”.

If LE has asked you to do this so you can report about Josh’s demeanor, plans or anything he might let slip during conversations then…. Never Mind.

Kiirsi has got to be in some deep, deep denial!

I can do without friends like Kiirsi. It does not look good for her to help Josh. I feel like she is turning her back to Susan. She must have stronger ties with Josh. IMO

Doctor Woof said it all. Why in the world would she help him move? Seems odd if she is indeed, Susan's best friend. I would have trouble giving him the time of day never mind helping him.

Message to Kiirsi: Yes, nothing has been proven but we do know this. There are only two possibilities.

1) He’s guilty.
If this is the case I’m sure you’re not going to remain friends with the murderer of your “best friend”.

2) He’s innocent.
If this is the case then shouldn’t he be helping to find your “best friend”? In fact his actions have been despicable and a hindrance to LE in locating your “best friend”. He is putting his concern for being accused for the disappearance of your “best friend” ahead of his concern for his missing wife. Even if he’s innocent he’s not someone that you should remain friends with.

These are the only two possibilities. Whichever one you chose I can’t see how you can remain friends with this creep.

It makes me think that you are helping him pack so that you can become a “person of interest”. Not to the police but to the media. You seem to be enjoying the media attention a little too much to be a true “best friend”.

If LE has asked you to do this so you can report about Josh’s demeanor, plans or anything he might let slip during conversations then…. Never Mind.

Very well said. What a freaky thing for her to do! I never really felt this way before, but maybe Kiirsi is more deeply involved - on some level - than I originally believed...:waitasec:

Let's remember that patience pays off. Time seems to be on LE's side. Seems like if they wait long enough, the perp does something dumb. Wait and Josh might even dye his hair orange.

Really, it seems to me LE is being very mum; I can't help but think they have something big and are waiting for labs to come back or something of that nature.

Kiirsi has got to be in some deep, deep denial!

Could they possibly be operating under keep your friends close and your enemies closer? Maybe they think he will confess or slip up if his guard is down around them.

It is a religious, don't judge, benefit of the doubt, kind of a crowd too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13