UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant even go to "www.obamadelegates.org " let alone anyone’s page within the site so long as I use Internet Explorer. There must be cookie stored that indentifies me. If I use Safari as my browser I can get back in.

I could care less about getting on the site. It’s just the idea that MP would report me to the administrator and they would block me for starting a thread about Susan.

I left a remark on the website, but haven't checked to see if I have been blocked. I left the remark the day that you gave the link on your post.

This was just given to me by a very reliable source.

In the spring and summer of 2009 Josh and Susan and the family camped at least 4 times. They went to the pony express trail, to an open area near the dugway geode beds and Dinosaur National Monument.

Thank you! Well there you go. IIRC, LE did initially check out the Pony Express Trail area but were unable to do much due to snow. Am I remembering that correctly? I think that entire area needs to be searched extensively - now. I'll see if I can find some info on the camping areas near Dinosaur NM.

Thank you! Well there you go. IIRC, LE did initially check out the Pony Express Trail area but were unable to do much due to snow. Am I remembering that correctly? I think that entire area needs to be searched extensively - now. I'll see if I can find some info on the camping areas near Dinosaur NM.

My understanding is that it is a large area (Pony Express Trail itself of course was very long, not so sure about the park) and they seemed to have just go out there to verify his alibi, but with fresh snow there was little to report. Didn't hear about an extensive body search.

FYI, no time to follow-up further, but here is a web link about the Dugway Geode digging site...

http://www.rocks4u.com/geodebed.htm

This fits with Josh's statement that he camped at Pony Express the night Susan disappeared. He'd need to have knowledge of the site of his alibi! He can't exactly say that they camped "south" and then have no knowledge of the specific area.

It doesn't bother her a bit that Josh is the only POI in the case of his missing wife. But darn that parking problem sure does.

WT is just trying to cheer him up then...hmm....I see. Did MoonBeam make him giggle? What kind of ups and downs is he having with these ladies?

Exactly. That whole scene there was just... bizarro. There was no mention by Tujillo of her missing neighbor nor concern for the underlying circumstances of poor Joshy's predicament. Did Josh have two circles, two separate "sets" of friends--one the "respectable" church friends he pretended to share w his wife and kids... and another, behind the scenes, belonging solely to him whom he didn't bring around Susan or integrate w the church friends? Quite frankly I can't imagine anything more disrespectful--or inconsistent w what we've learned of Susan and her friends--than ill-mannered "Miss Moonbeam" exposing herself to the world from Susan's front porch, and her "snidekick" in need of an attitude adjustment--neither of whom was anywhere to be found during that weekend while he was enlisting help from another set of friends from church. JMO :waitasec:

:parrot:

BLM Web site on the Pony Express area.

http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/res/Edu..._Travelers/go/scenic_drives/pony_express.html

Says "open year-round" but also says part of road is unpaved. Not sure how passable it was back then or today. It is somewhat "south" of SLC, but mostly west. When I lived in SLC, if someone said they were going camping or hiking in southern Utah I assumed down by Zion National Park, or at least Cedar City.

welcome.jpg

Hey RayO, just wanted to say "welcome!"

I have a guestion for you OKand3Js in case you know. During those first phone calls from friend trying to reach Josh - before he actually answered the phone - was his phone on and he was simply not answering it or was it off when friends were trying to call him? Do you know? Thx

Snipped for space...

Thank you for your whole entire post. Very insightful and good thoughts...

I currently do not know the answer to your question but am looking into it and will let you know soon.

Exactly. That whole scene there was just... bizarro. There was no mention by Tujillo of her missing neighbor nor concern for the underlying circumstances of poor Joshy's predicament. Did Josh have two circles, two separate "sets" of friends--one the "respectable" church friends he pretended to share w his wife and kids... and another, behind the scenes, belonging solely to him whom he didn't bring around Susan or integrate w the church friends? Quite frankly I can't imagine anything more disrespectful--or inconsistent w what we've learned of Susan and her friends--than ill-mannered "Miss Moonbeam" exposing herself to the world from Susan's front porch, and her "snidekick" in need of an attitude adjustment--neither of whom was anywhere to be found during that weekend while he was enlisting help from another set of friends from church. JMO :waitasec:

Like in 'double life style' as in many of these losers.........scott p./mark h./
I can think of allot of these low life's...............

BLM Web site on the Pony Express area.

http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/res/Edu..._Travelers/go/scenic_drives/pony_express.html

Says "open year-round" but also says part of road is unpaved. Not sure how passable it was back then or today. It is somewhat "south" of SLC, but mostly west. When I lived in SLC, if someone said they were going camping or hiking in southern Utah I assumed down by Zion National Park, or at least Cedar City.

Yeah, that was one of the first bizarre things he said. It would be like someone asking, "Where in the US have you lived?

"Um, mostly the northeast, and stuff."

"Really? I lived in Boston for awhile. Did you ever live there?"

"No, nothing like that. More like, um, Arizona. And Washington, and stuff."

Huh?

Yeah, that was one of the first bizarre things he said. It would be like someone asking, "Where in the US have you lived?

"Um, mostly the northeast, and stuff."

"Really? I lived in Boston for awhile. Did you ever live there?"

"No, nothing like that. More like, um, Arizona. And Washington, and stuff."

Huh?

Exactly! Josh's answers in the beginning were so evasive - as in to evade the truth and offer no help at all in finding his missing wife.

EVADE
1 : to slip away
2 : to take refuge in escape or avoidance

transitive verb
1 : to elude by dexterity or stratagem

2 a : to avoid facing up to <evaded the real issues> b : to avoid the performance of : dodge, circumvent; especially : to fail to pay (taxes) avoid answering directly : turn aside

3 : to be elusive to : baffle

I think you are right on there. He was living a double life.

Even if JP wasn't instructed by SP as I suspect, I feel certain JP at least turned off his cell... I guess in my mind the real question is whether he disabled it by removing battery eg which would (to my knowledge) prevent pinging from towers.

In any event he surely waited until he was back in the vincinity of WVC before activating or definitely before turning on to place calls. And I know he wrote the What Not To Do book... but I still don't think there's any chance even he was dumb enough to place calls even from another phone to check his voice mail nor to communicate w anyone, from the location to which he traveled.

I'm figuring JP would have gassed up the van when he first left either when they left to go "sledding" (based upon hunch that he may have begun implementing his plan) or when he left at 12:30ish, in order to minimize the risk of having to fuel up whereever he drove to either dispose of Susan or transfer her body. Even if he paid cash, fueling up (purchasing food etc) would show him on surveillance somewhere which would be very risky IMO.

If their van had eg a 25 gal tank, and got even 25mpg (and allowing leeway for varying mpg), he could have driven only a 625-700 mile distance round trip w/out need to refuel. IOW 300-350 miles give or take in one direction (please be gentle peeps, neither math--nor autos--have ever been my strong suit :blushing:)

This would have been approx 300-350 miles--generally consistent w the "several hundred miles" LE reported was put on the car JP rented--had he returned to an original disposal site to either move, and/or bury her remains. It is also consistent w halfway distance between WVC and Puyallup, and what I've felt was a likely frequent rest spot along this familiar route--which may have served either as a meeting point, where he might have been assisted in a disposal in that area; or beyond which remains could've been transported once transferred to second vehicle. (TG LE has more than we do! I realize this is all mere speculation, however we have few facts w which to work!)

OTOH if that was not what JP was doing during his second trip in loaner, and had JP in fact been willing to chance being seen on camera to refuel, then he could have in theory traveled a 600-700 ("several hundred") mile distance each way, and gone much farther in any direction, which would still have been easily doable w/in both the extended windows of time for which JP was MIA or unaccounted.

Depending of course on what other electronic data LE may have gleaned (cell records and/or pings, electronic transactions, computer searches, surveillance etc) surely the familiar I-84 route, or Boise area meeting point might have jumped out at LE as well.

Omg I'm so overthinking this lol...:innocent: underinformed, overwrought bird... :angel:

Other thoughts or ideas re this subject?

Bottom line is I guess I don't honestly believe Josh would've been forthcoming or freely divulged his actual destination--the disposal site of his murder victim's body :waitasec: If nothing else I'm convinced daddy in all likelihood educated or advised JP how to cover his tracks... that is, the ones the snow couldn't cover for him. :rolleyes:

:confused:

Ok ok... I know some here believe he swiftly tossed her into some local woods, or the nearest dumpster around the corner as quickly as he could and just circled around and around for two days....

But personally I think even JP knew he is SO closely linked to his victim that chances are greater he endeavored to put his wife's body as far as possible from the crime scene and if by chance this didn't occur to Joshy, daddy always knows "best" and would've thought more clearly how to get his son out of his mess. That is if he didn't help get him into it. As always JMO.

I'm figuring JP would have gassed up the van when he first left either when they left to go "sledding" (based upon hunch that he may have begun implementing his plan) or when he left at 12:30ish, in order to minimize the risk of having to fuel up whereever he drove to either dispose of Susan or transfer her body. Even if he paid cash, fueling up (purchasing food etc) would show him on surveillance somewhere which would be very risky IMO.

If their van had eg a 25 gal tank, and got even 25mpg (and allowing leeway for varying mpg), he could have driven only a 625-700 mile distance round trip w/out need to refuel. IOW 300-350 miles give or take in one direction (please be gentle peeps, neither math--nor autos--have ever been my strong suit :blushing:)

This would have been approx 300-350 miles--generally consistent w the "several hundred miles" LE reported was put on the car JP rented--had he returned to an original disposal site to either move, and/or bury her remains. It is also consistent w halfway distance between WVC and Puyallup, and what I've felt was a likely frequent rest spot along this familiar route--which may have served either as a meeting point, where he might have been assisted in a disposal in that area; or beyond which remains could've been transported once transferred to second vehicle. (TG LE has more than we do! I realize this is all mere speculation, however we have few facts w which to work!)

OTOH if that was not what JP was doing during his second trip in loaner, and had JP in fact been willing to chance being seen on camera to refuel, then he could have in theory traveled a 600-700 ("several hundred") mile distance each way, and gone much farther in any direction, which would still have been easily doable w/in both the extended windows of time for which JP was MIA or unaccounted.

Depending of course on what other electronic data LE may have gleaned (cell records and/or pings, electronic transactions, computer searches, surveillance etc) surely the familiar I-84 route, or Boise area meeting point might have jumped out at LE as well.

Omg I'm so overthinking this lol...:innocent: underinformed, overwrought bird... :angel:

Other thoughts or ideas re this subject?

~snipped by me~

Per http://www.fueleconomy.gov/FEG/noframes/21534.shtml on the 2005 Town & Country:

MPG (city) 16
MPG (highway) 23
MPG (combined) 19

Miles on a Tank 342 miles
Tank Size 20.0 gal

That doesn't get ya too far without stopping for at LEAST one refuel!

I cant even go to "www.obamadelegates.org " let alone anyone’s page within the site so long as I use Internet Explorer. There must be cookie stored that indentifies me. If I use Safari as my browser I can get back in.

I could care less about getting on the site. It’s just the idea that MP would report me to the administrator and they would block me for starting a thread about Susan.

Hey DW,

I think for a better understanding of what happened, you would need to see M Powell's other profile; the one that says "Role: Moderator" on it:
http://www.obamadelegates.org/account/MichaelCP

Just sayin'...

Re: Trying to determine if Josh maybe was leading a double life.

Where do you think Josh would have led his double life then? Did he have a gf or bf in town? On the Internet? Up near his Dad's town?

Would Josh get rid of Susan to marry someone else, and raise the kids with them? Is this lover waiting somewhere? Then where?

It's true, many of these cases eventually reveal someone else involved, so it's worth considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back