UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While taking a closer look at SP's music site, and reading his lyrics, I am laughing and gagging LOL... This fella's thinking is fractured.. the background pictures that go with the songs are hilarious.. the doll! the couple dancing on "strike a pose like a chicken" song. Made my eyes pop out of their sockets LOL
I have to go back and listen next... until then..."you should have kissed me when you just dissed me" :loser:

Since tomorrow is a holiday MLK, will LE and labs be doing much work???

Many have kindly provided info previously re proximity from, and access to Canada from WA. Rather than repeat all of this, perhaps it might save time to simply use search function entering "Canada" eg as a key word. :)

There was also another thread created early on in this case specifically for any continued discussion of abuse,

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93010"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

:parrot:

IMO a narcissistic parent like SP is willing (very likely even prefers) to have all his grown children under his roof and under his thumb. It not only heightens SP's control but in exchange for furnishing this rent-free living arrangement, a symbiotic relationship reaffirms codependency, reinforces enmeshment, illusion of "oneness" and viewing of children as extensions of self--and assures a constant narcissistic supply source.

Even if Josh didn't technically receive any help from his dad in literally planning or carrying out his wife's murder, chances are his father assisted, if only after the fact and from a safe distance, in the cover-up. I can assure you that in his self-pity Joshy takes no responsibility for anything but rather sees himself as the victim in all of this. Knowing simply that his dad disapproved of and undermined their marriage he may already have inwardly and conveniently shifted blame in part to his father anyway--thus feels entitled to live there (the unspoken, "you helped get me into this, so now you must get me out.") Thus, while it was Susan's fault, it is now daddy's problem.

Such is the nature of a codependency. They both need eachother--in an utterly sick and twisted kind of way. SP no doubt envied Susan "coming between" he and his son Joshy. Said early on, and I'll still say it, there's your "other woman." Daddy was the "third strand" of their marriage--but now w her out of the way there is no longer any competition for Joshy.

How will these little boys figure into this... Susan was their only hope. I'm afraid even if Josh is arrested, tried, and convicted for Susan's murder, if his dad walks free SP may in reality wind up w permanent guardianship and custody of those poor children.

Then by transference his grandsons will in turn become the next narcissistic supply and lifelong victims of this needy, emotional vampire.
vampire-smiley-10.gif

smilie_vampire.gif

SAVE SUSAN'S BOYS :help: :help: CUSTODY TO COXES :prayer: JAIL FOR JOSHY :behindbar​

IMO

-snipped- How will these little boys figure into this... Susan was their only hope. I'm afraid even if Josh is arrested, tried, and convicted for Susan's murder, if his dad walks free SP may in reality wind up w permanent guardianship and custody of those poor children. -snipped-

I can't stand the thought of the little ones being in the custody of SP!!! So unfair that the Cox's don't have them this minute!! They don't deserve anything that the Powell Clan has historically and presently shoved down their throats.
I hope SP isn't embracing his "family tradition" by quoting his grandmother and telling the boys that they will never see their mother again :furious:

I hope I snipped this right..

Dont know if this was posted yet or not:

Police gathering evidence in Powell caseBy Pat Reavy

Deseret News

Published: Saturday, Jan. 16, 2010 10:27 p.m. MST

WEST VALLEY CITY — Test results from forensic evidence gathered in the case of missing West Valley mother Susan Powell are reportedly starting to come back to police investigators.

On the "Friends and Family of Susan Powell" Facebook page, Powell's father, Chuck Cox, wrote that the investigation was proceeding.

"Some of the forensics have been completed some have not, police cannot comment on specifics as it could impact the ongoing investigation," Cox wrote.

Susan's friend and Cox family spokeswoman Shelby Gifford said West Valley police have been providing Cox with regular updates.

"The investigation is complex. We're happy they report back to us and are making progress. We're confident they're dotting all the i's and crossing the t's," she said.

As for Cox's comment regarding the forensic test results, Gifford said it was only meant to be an update that the case was moving along.

"There's a whole series of tests to be run. There are a lot of components to it," she said. "It isn't a specific item."

Susan Powell has been missing since Dec. 7. Her husband, Josh Powell, remained a person of interest because of his lack of cooperation with police. In his Facebook update Friday, Cox said there was "still no cooperation or help from Josh."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705359021/Police-gathering-Powell-evidence.html

BBM Sounds like LE is gearing up now for an arrest after all the testing is done. It sounds like they have something.

Complex, eh? Does this match up with reporting on other cases, and if so, can anyone outline what it might mean?

This case reminds me so much of D Peterson it's uncanny. Just take out the Religious aspect and add a little more moxy to DP. The controlling aspect is the same. The cowardice is the same. Complete disregard to anyones needs or wants but their own persona and image.

Complex, eh? Does this match up with reporting on other cases, and if so, can anyone outline what it might mean?

Your guess is as good as mine, grayjay. Here's how I see it. There's no body to prove a death, but there's evidence to prove someone was harmed and is now missing. The evidence points to a certain POI, but it's complex in that they haven't found an actual body yet. :waitasec: Please, I'd like someone else's take on this.

I take it to mean, "not cut-n-dried". So they have some chem results but nothing conclusive. Say vomit was found in the carpet. Well, who's is it and does it contain traces of poison? As others mentioned, lots of opportunities for normal carpet accidents with a 2-yr old and 4-yr old running around. Maybe some theory didn't pan out and they have to send it back to test for something else. The car was probably full of trace evidence from the whole family. What kind of evidence would show Susan was in the car but not alive?

I take it to mean, "not cut-n-dried". So they have some chem results but nothing conclusive. Say vomit was found in the carpet. Well, who's is it and does it contain traces of poison? As others mentioned, lots of opportunities for normal carpet accidents with a 2-yr old and 4-yr old running around. Maybe some theory didn't pan out and they have to send it back to test for something else. The car was probably full of trace evidence from the whole family. What kind of evidence would show Susan was in the car but not alive?

They do have some of the tests back but some must take longer to analyze, and LE isn't releasing any findings at present. Imo-
The finding of a hair could be telling evidence, ie- Remember the "death ring"? The presence of the death ring determines whether the owner of the strand of hair was alive

BBM Sounds like LE is gearing up now for an arrest after all the testing is done. It sounds like they have something.

More pressure on Josh. I'm hopeful that the family is getting a chance to absorb the known information right now before it becomes public knowledge. They deserve this respect. Extra prayers for the family and Susan.

This case reminds me so much of D Peterson it's uncanny. Just take out the Religious aspect and add a little more moxy to DP. The controlling aspect is the same. The cowardice is the same. Complete disregard to anyones needs or wants but their own persona and image.

Tell me about it!! Toying with the media by blocking their view of what he was taking out of the shed, the mooning, refusing to answer questions about the time line. Friends running to his aide. It goes on and on.

According to the expression on JP's face, I can see his knees a knockin

Is the snow melting away at all in UTAH???
It is here in PA before the next snow...........
just wondering if better to search again???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maia1919