UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pins and Needles. A song SP is probably working on.

Sitting on pins and needles hurts! Will LE make their move before Josh is camping with the kids in Canada? Stay tuned.

It sounds like the investigation has pointed to something, but it's hard to see how they can connect it to a death. LE, family, and friends have all kept the cards close to the chest, so there's no telling what they have. Please have enough to prove Josh should, at least, be in jail during this wait.

I hope when they make their move that the POI doesn't decide to have some wild reaction. I, like so many of you, am truly concerned about the children's safety and welfare. It bothers me young children are right in the middle of, and having to innocently comply with someone they will someday realize murdered their mother.

If you go to google maps and enter Puyallop, Washington, click on map view, and zoom out till you see the Canadian border, it will give you a guestimate. Maybe a day's drive? Just a guess on my part, not knowing how hilly the roads are, what the road conditions would be for him, or the interstate taken to get into Canada. Also depends on how often he would stop for food, gas and take care of his sons (restroom and run around stops). Puyallop is halfway down the state, on the western end of the state.

It is just over a hundred miles to the border, all flat interstate.

Will the snow in Utah ever melt enough before Spring?

Will the snow in Utah ever melt enough before Spring?

Good question Curious Me. I'm not from Utah but I've been there during the month of May and there was still snow on the ground in unoccupied areas. The Utah folks on here should be able to provide a better answer. What do I know, I'm in southern Arizona. No snow here.
Please someone give us an answer. jmo

Pins and Needles. A song SP is probably working on.

Sitting on pins and needles hurts! Will LE make their move before Josh is camping with the kids in Canada? Stay tuned.

At the moment I kind of prefer that they are all in a gated community. Gates work both ways, and I wonder how pinned in that bizarro family feels right now. They are being watched, don't you think?

I also wonder how it might go over in the courts, with so many related adults living in the same household. That's not normal, and may not be considered acceptable for the boys.

Please don't depress me about the snow not melting until June.

Extras prayers for Susan's family and friends. This has got to be so hard to go through.

I don't know much about Josh's sister or Mom, but I pray for them, as well. From what I can gather they were true friends of Susan and did love her. I respect that they have a horrible dilemna to deal with being forced to consider Josh actually committing the murder of his wife, Susan, who they loved too. It is outrageous if Josh, in fact, did intentionally do this. Outrageous that he isn't in jail yet too!

Patience, okay, patience for alittle longer. Just wish they'd find Susan.

It was at that same church on Dec. 5 that the last known pictures of Susan Powell were taken. The couple and their children attended a Christmas breakfast, where one picture shows a smiling Josh Powell with a camera hanging around his neck, talking with his children while his wife stands a few feet away reaching for food.

"Susan and her family were very normal and seemed all happy to be there. We actually talked to them quite a bit. Josh seemed really happy to be there and he asked me to take a picture of he and the family, and yes, he has the picture," wrote Mindy Kay Perry Guzman, who took the picture.

BBM, Anyone have any idea where she wrote this?

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-meets-with-West-Valley-City-police.html?pg=2

"Susan and her family were very normal and seemed all happy to be there. We actually talked to them quite a bit. Josh seemed really happy to be there and he asked me to take a picture of he and the family, and yes, he has the picture," wrote Mindy Kay Perry Guzman, who took the picture.

BBM, Anyone have any idea where she wrote this?

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-meets-with-West-Valley-City-police.html?pg=2

This came off the Associated Press wire, and she wrote this quote in a message to the AP, according to [ame="http://www.google.com/search?q=Mindy+Kay+Perry+Guzman&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a"]Mindy Kay Perry Guzman - Google Search[/ame]

Investigators do not know where the car was taken or where Josh Powell was during that 24-hour period. There was no GPS data stored in that rental car, said McLachlan, who declined Monday to say from where the vehicle was rented.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705353130/Police-probing-Powells-rental-car.html

Why would a cop give that kind of information out? That is nonsense and must have been put out to mislead Josh.

It doesn't say there was no GPS just that there was no information stored on the GPS in the car. GPS information is stored in other places besides just the car.

I think they know the areas where he went and they are doing small searches in those areas with just police and maybe a civilian search crew.

My first thought on seeing that $200,000 dollar figure was, how? What can you possibly buy to run up a debt of that colossal magnitude, by the age of 34?

Above BBM and snipped for space.

How? Oh...soooo easy. Especially if you are the type of person who doesn't really want to work for a living and continuously look for 'the easy way out', no matter the cost.

Example: We have two extended family members, one in his mid thirtys and one in his late fortys........

I can't even begin to total up the amount both of these people have spent on "Get Rich Quick" late-night infomercials!
But I can almost guarantee my hubby's next paycheck that each one owes in excess of $200 thousand JUST on the money spent over the last 10 years on these 'schemes'.

Younger man just signed up for a new one and we are soooo tired of hearing about it....we avoid him as much as possible or we get the 'speel' of how he is going to be rich just spending a minimal amount of hours on his new 'career'.

He went to a seminar. Bought into the program at an INITIAL cost of Fifty Thou. with the company's guarantee he will triple that in a year. *uh huh - eye roll here*

He purchased vending machines. Not just one or two but lots and lots of vending machines.
The company failed to mention that friend has to find his own places to set up these machines.
He has to buy the product, load, fill, repair, etc.
I'm still not seeing where that return is coming from.

The kicker is....he still hasn't finished paying for his last 'career'....web site development.
A kit, programs, 24-hour online help, etc.
He was supposed to reap his $3000 initial investment in 6 months.
When the company tells him he'll reap his 'initial investment' they don't bother telling new customers how much other product needs to be purchased within a certain period of time to make their 'guarantee' valid.
In the end he got fed up because he "was spending too much time on the computer" !

These type of people Don't Want To Work!
If they happen to have an enabling mate/partner/spouse (read: who buys their line of BS about working hard at a new 'career'), it makes it all that much easier for them to go from one "Get Rich Quick" scheme to the next.

Let's not forget the Coffee Kiosk, the Real Estate adventures, the buying repo homes to fix them up cheaply and resell them at a huge profit, the getting real estate license 'quick' at an astronomical fee, the 'quick' home inspector license, etc....all these were Ads sent to both guys, both guys went for each one because of the promises of getting rich quick.

At first it was sad to sit on the sidelines and watch what these friends were getting themselves into. Very hard to watch the wife of each work long hours to make ends meet.
After talking till we were blue in the face, it's no longer sad.....we just avoid them as much as possible.

FYI,

I shortened my username a bit but I am still OK...just so you know that its still me when posting. Thanks! :)

This is the pattern I'm also seeing repeated in another similar looming fiasco in my own family. The abuser helped wife clean out the very generous bank of dad and when that was done went after the bank of mom. (Divorced parents.) We think he's part of a gypsy clan, having met the parents and they're clearly the tree from which he falls.

In the pages I studied about DV, this trait wasn't specifically listed but rather lack of responsibility and blaming. It's probably a part of it, right? When things don't work out, definitely need someone to blame and beat up.

The daughter made choices (in OUR case) and alienated herself from a lot of family members although distance isn't the issue at all. She even told us recently she doesn't think they should ever repay any family loans. On principle! We think he's browbeating common sense right out of her, and she's definitely at-risk.

I keep checking,hopeful for some news with an arrest,maybe soon!!

How does it work when you're a POI? Are you under 24 hour surveillance? Partial? Is there a police GPS mounted on his van? (Obviously there are of ways for him to leave the compound undetected.) Just curious how it works and how they keep track of his general movements.

IMO a narcissistic parent like SP is willing (very likely even prefers) to have all his grown children under his roof and under his thumb. It not only heightens SP's control but in exchange for furnishing this rent-free living arrangement, a symbiotic relationship reaffirms codependency, reinforces enmeshment, illusion of "oneness" and viewing of children as extensions of self--and assures a constant narcissistic supply source.

Even if Josh didn't technically receive any help from his dad in literally planning or carrying out his wife's murder, chances are his father assisted, if only after the fact and from a safe distance, in the cover-up. I can assure you that in his self-pity Joshy takes no responsibility for anything but rather sees himself as the victim in all of this. Knowing simply that his dad disapproved of and undermined their marriage he may already have inwardly and conveniently shifted blame in part to his father anyway--thus feels entitled to live there (the unspoken, "you helped get me into this, so now you must get me out.") Thus, while it was Susan's fault, it is now daddy's problem.

Such is the nature of a codependency. They both need eachother--in an utterly sick and twisted kind of way. SP no doubt envied Susan "coming between" he and his son Joshy. Said early on, and I'll still say it, there's your "other woman." Daddy was the "third strand" of their marriage--but now w her out of the way there is no longer any competition for Joshy.

How will these little boys figure into this... Susan was their only hope. I'm afraid even if Josh is arrested, tried, and convicted for Susan's murder, if his dad walks free SP may in reality wind up w permanent guardianship and custody of those poor children.

Then by transference his grandsons will in turn become the next narcissistic supply and lifelong victims of this needy, emotional vampire.
vampire-smiley-10.gif

smilie_vampire.gif

SAVE SUSAN'S BOYS :help: :help: CUSTODY TO COXES :prayer: JAIL FOR JOSHY :behindbar​

IMO
Kiki - You have pegged the exact personality and familiar traits of my narcissistic x-husband. Josh Powell rings so close to this it is scary. Really you have Joshy boy pegged to a T... I only hope LE does as well... Thanks for the insight... Let's all hope and pray for an arrest soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange