UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the Cox family even tried for custody of their grandsons yet???

How does it work when you're a POI? Are you under 24 hour surveillance? Partial? Is there a police GPS mounted on his van? (Obviously there are of ways for him to leave the compound undetected.) Just curious how it works and how they keep track of his general movements.

No one knows if UTAH LE put a GPS on the van, however, it is possible that Josh would look for one once he received his vehicle back.

It is VERY costly to have 24 hour surveillance on Josh especially since most of his time is probably behind a gate.

POI's are free to roam ....

How does it work when you're a POI? Are you under 24 hour surveillance? Partial? Is there a police GPS mounted on his van? (Obviously there are of ways for him to leave the compound undetected.) Just curious how it works and how they keep track of his general movements.

I'm also wondering if he's been read his Miranda rights. Haven't seen this anywhere, but several comments as though he had, by way of justifying his actions.

Have the Cox family even tried for custody of their grandsons yet???

IMO, no they haven't applied for custody. If they had tried to file for custody, it would slipped out into the media and nothing has as far as I have read.

Right now, if I were the Cox family, I would wait until Josh got arrested. Until then, they don't have a chance in getting custody of the children.

Josh has not been proven to be abusive or neglectful to his children, although many of us feel he was neglectful when he took the children out in the middle of the night, but they came back unharmed, as far as we know.

I'm also wondering if he's been read his Miranda rights. Haven't seen this anywhere, but several comments as though he had, by way of justifying his actions.

:waitasec: I thought Miranda rights were read when a person is taken into custody. Josh has never been taken into custody.

Please don't depress me about the snow not melting until June.

[snippage]

Patience, okay, patience for alittle longer. Just wish they'd find Susan.

The good news is that the places that won't thaw until June were probably inaccessable to a mini-van in early December. That may in fact be helpful to know which remote roads were actually open that night. If he went east into the Wasatch Mtns (instead of west into the desert), then that would limit the number and extent of areas he could have accessed to dispose of a body. If he went far south, of course, the snow cover may not have been as extensive at that time at those latitudes.

As one goes south in the southern half of the state the general elevation also decreases, its a geologic feature called the Grand Staircase. From a forensic point of view if they can identify the layer of rock from dirt in the wheelwell they might get an idea of where Josh went on unpaved roads, if any.

See for example
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...aircase-big.jpg/800px-Grand_Staircase-big.jpg

If Susan is waiting somewhere in the snow to be found, Utah has quite a bit of winter activities so I'm hoping that might help. Snowmobiling is very popular!
It's true that in the higher elevations snow can hang on into the summer, but it does begin to melt and become less. I remember the first summer I came out here, it was July and we drove up into the mountains and there was snow, but only in patches and only maybe 6 inches deep.

Come spring time and you're going to have all the people going out fishing, 4-wheeling, camping. Someone somewhere will find her, they just have to!!

VB

The kicker is....he still hasn't finished paying for his last 'career'....web site development.
A kit, programs, 24-hour online help, etc.
He was supposed to reap his $3000 initial investment in 6 months.
When the company tells him he'll reap his 'initial investment' they don't bother telling new customers how much other product needs to be purchased within a certain period of time to make their 'guarantee' valid.
In the end he got fed up because he "was spending too much time on the computer" !

These type of people Don't Want To Work!
If they happen to have an enabling mate/partner/spouse (read: who buys their line of BS about working hard at a new 'career'), it makes it all that much easier for them to go from one "Get Rich Quick" scheme to the next.

Let's not forget the Coffee Kiosk, the Real Estate adventures, the buying repo homes to fix them up cheaply and resell them at a huge profit, the getting real estate license 'quick' at an astronomical fee, the 'quick' home inspector license, etc....all these were Ads sent to both guys, both guys went for each one because of the promises of getting rich quick.

At first it was sad to sit on the sidelines and watch what these friends were getting themselves into. Very hard to watch the wife of each work long hours to make ends meet.
After talking till we were blue in the face, it's no longer sad.....we just avoid them as much as possible.

Snipped for space and BBM,

Amity, I think you've hit the nail on the head. OK5 told us he spent over $100,000 advertising his real estate business (in phone books!), and there were probably still student loans to pay off. Then there's his web site development stuff, which someone else (sorry, forget who) pointed out was very poor stuff and displayed amateurishness.

Poor Susan gave up her dream career as a hair stylist and beautician so he could live in cloud cuckoo land. :furious:

Amity, that "avoid as much as possible" sounds like SPs friend's comments !
I am sorry you/they are enduring this tho.:(
OK5, you are more than still OK, you are super IMO ! :)

Fingers crossed.... and thinking back to the sledding trip: Not just sledding, but generally speaking, dad's usually leave the baby home with Mom and let the older kid go with them.

Elevation Level for West Valley City is 4,304 FT , Where I live is at 4,727 FT the snow melts quickly here once it starts warming up, very similar terrain as West Valley.

Now the mountains behind me are a different story, snow will stay up there almost all summer into the fall. So depending on where he took her, which I believe she is in the forest somewhere , it may take a little while before she is found . :(

I live in Northern Utah and the snow melted alot today!
It was warm and sunny.

6 weeks and still no organized, big searches.

Small groups of volunteers went out, but I am talking about an effort on the scale of (example) Robert Manwill.

Why NOT?
What would that hurt?
What do they (friends and family) know that makes them not want a search?

I have never seen a high-profile case with so little searching.

6 weeks and still no organized, big searches.

Small groups of volunteers went out, but I am talking about an effort on the scale of (example) Robert Manwill.

Why NOT?
What would that hurt?
What do they (friends and family) know that makes them not want a search?

I have never seen a high-profile case with so little searching.

I don't know either. Here's another factor. Utah has had relatively much less snow this winter than usual. The lack of precipitation and lack of a good wind can cause Utah to have horrible air quality, and keeps the temps low. That has been the case this winter. There have been many days recently when it would have been nice to search, but the air quality in Northern Utah was either the worst in the nation, or easily in the top 10. (Weather is to change this week, predicted to have some significant snow Friday into Sat.)

Searches aside, I have to believe LE were diligent as they collected evidence. I'm hoping that they are quietly figuring out what happened in that house. You know the house--the one that was packed up and emptied so fast it made most of us ill.

Just a thought, does LE think Susan is 'stored' somewhere?
and NOT along the road somewhere? (no outside search)
Storage keys on Josh? Some kind of evidence that goes in another
direction then outdoor search?
This is just to wierd!!!
I cannot believe that I could sit on my couch at night
and not search for my dear friend if she was missing.........
I would have my own group going like in Stacy P. case.
No fund raisers for searches............nothing.............
JMOO

Passion, I couldn't agree with you more. People who seem to have an inside track on the case are telling us they know things and we have no clue and to help find her please but not to search or think it through for ourselves. I'm confused. If they don't think Josh is guilty of something, then they are responsible for allowing or helping the public to form the opposite view.

Passion, I couldn't agree with you more. People who seem to have an inside track on the case are telling us they know things and we have no clue and to help find her please but not to search or think it through for ourselves. I'm confused. If they don't think Josh is guilty of something, then they are responsible for allowing or helping the public to form the opposite view.

Isn't that just what you would think people who still declare Josh is their friend would do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back