UT - Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There are some people who would love to find a dead body while out enjoying nature. However, there are thousands of people who would avoid going anywhere near an area where they might stumble across Susan Powell's body, especially families with little kids.

I sure wouldn't want to go camping near a spot where a walk might cause me or my children to stumble across a body. In fact, that has been a fear of mine which always seems to come to mind when I'm trying to muster up the courage to go swimming in the ocean or a lake with low visibility.

Could you imagine how traumatized unsuspecting people are who do find a body? My dog found a human foot bone on the beach when I was camping on a secluded beach in Mexico and that just gave me the creeps! Then he found a dog skull that had some fur still on it. Boy was he growling at that! His fur was sticking all up and he was circling it and sniffing and snapping at it.

Chances are a dog might find Susan's body. You know how dogs like to roll in dead animals!

My thoughts are 1) there are people who wouldn't mind a little extra adventure/intrigue added to their outdoor adventure, 2) for families with kids, if they happened to come across the body at least it wouldn't be so unexpected - they would know who to call, what to do if they saw a notice about it. For any individual group or area the chances that they'd see something are extremely small, so its not like you'd be scaring them away from hiking or enjoying that outdoor area.

Also in the case the perp put the body in a mine, it could asked hikers and gem diggers to report to LE if they see mine entrances that look like they've been recently tampered-with.

My thoughts are 1) there are people who wouldn't mind a little extra adventure/intrigue added to their outdoor adventure, 2) for families with kids, if they happened to come across the body at least it wouldn't be so unexpected - they would know who to call, what to do if they saw a notice about it. For any individual group or area the chances that they'd see something are extremely small, so its not like you'd be scaring them away from hiking or enjoying that outdoor area.

Also in the case the perp put the body in a mine, it could asked hikers and gem diggers to report to LE if they see mine entrances that look like they've been recently tampered-with.

I agree, and am wondering if the reward in this case should be considered as an added incentive? I might have very mixed feelings about this, but am just wondering if that is an argument -for- taking the risk.

Anyone who could comment on this, would be appreciated.

If it is Stephanie I hope her family can get some answers. I read the link Dr Fessel provided above (TY) and it breaks my heart to think of how determined her mother was, and being a mom myself, I know she has not lost that determination. I hope she can get some peace. Why are so many woman missing from that area????

I agree, and am wondering if the reward in this case should be considered as an added incentive? I might have very mixed feelings about this, but am just wondering if that is an argument -for- taking the risk.

Anyone who could comment on this, would be appreciated.

The reward may be an incentive, but I feel most persons' who would go searching for her would be the ones that truly cared about bringing closure for the family. I have stated before, that I feel the posters of both Steven and Susan should be posted in parks and recreational areas just for people to be made aware. Posting in outfitter stores, just may give someone that incentive also, as would convenience stores. On finding the remains of either by a child, I don't think it would be any more tragic for them them finding an animal carcass. Most children today, unless they find a bird in the yard, are never exposed to such findings as say my generation when "exploring" was common. Predators have taken that experience away from them. They can't walk anywhere anymore without that risk. It really pizzes me off that so many people have been robbed of their freedom to enjoy nature or a walk down the block because of few a degenerates. Send them to a freaking island already! :furious:

"Jovanna Owings, who was the last person to see Susan (other than Josh and the kids) before she vanished, has characterized the evening of December 6th as a normal dinner (of pancakes made by Josh), with pleasant conversation and work on a crocheting project. But one thing sticks out in my mind. Susan suddenly went to bed feeling sick, even before Jovanna had departed."

BBM

Could Susan have been pregnant?

As I was reading this article again that thought struck me. I recall being extremely tired very early in my pregnancy - to the point where I would have to go rest for awhile.

I know we've already discussed reasons why she may have gone to bed. Just wanted to share that thought.

http://newsblaze.com/story/20091220075129kays.nb/topstory.html

"Jovanna Owings, who was the last person to see Susan (other than Josh and the kids) before she vanished, has characterized the evening of December 6th as a normal dinner (of pancakes made by Josh), with pleasant conversation and work on a crocheting project. But one thing sticks out in my mind. Susan suddenly went to bed feeling sick, even before Jovanna had departed."

BBM

As I was reading this article again that thought struck me. I recall being extremely tired very early in my pregnancy - to the point where I would have to go rest for awhile.

I know we've already discussed reasons why she may have gone to bed. Just wanted to share that thought.

Josh also could have put something into Susan's food or drink to make her feel ill.

BBM

I posed this question to two of Susan's friends and they both wrote me back saying Susan was absolutely not pregnant. I was given a reason for this which I was told I cannot share here by the site owner.

I have always been suspicious of something she ate. It just seems as if Josh was involved in this as well..but then I don't trust him as far as I can throw him.

I have always been suspicious of something she ate. It just seems as if Josh was involved in this as well..but then I don't trust him as far as I can throw him.

How do you gracefully get a guest who has stayed too long without hurting their feelings?

When Josh told JoVanna NOT to bring the untangled yarn back over "because Susan has to work and won't be able to do anything with it", it was clear she was not wanted back at the house again that day.

I honestly don't think Josh poisoned or drugged Susan's food.

I think JP did something he had to cover up by killing Susan for fear she'd report what he'd done to the police.

She could have caught him being inappropriate with one of the boys!

He may have shoved or slapped her.

Whatever the case may be, Susan disappeared because JP was afraid of what she'd do if she was alive the next day. PERIOD. (In my opinion, of course.)

Posting in outfitter stores, just may give someone that incentive also, as would convenience stores.
We stop in a certain outfitter store in Moab every time we get over there. It's on main street and we keep it in our GPS as our "goto" point for getting back to the town from anywhere. And you should see the crowd at City Market after a day of "riding."

So this isn't an ad, I'm posting two that I know of. Our family nickname from friends is gearheads, though. :D People spend as little time in town as possible, are in a hurry or on a mission and usually tired and sunburned. Anybody passing through could put up some signs. We won't get back over now until late in the year.

Gearheads 471 S Main St Moab, UT. 435-259-4327
Red Rock Outfitters 225 S Main St Moab, UT 435-259-9941
City Market 425 South Main Street Moab, UT 435-259-5181

Now would be a great time to post up some fresh signs in these places. People are into exploring, and often don't care just exactly where. I kept waiting for a clue, to help with the wording so the searching isn't wasted, like maybe "north of I70," but south of there has also never been even slightly ruled out. Maybe something like within a large radius of Salt Lake City.

We stop in a certain outfitter store in Moab every time we get over there. It's on main street and we keep it in our GPS as our "goto" point for getting back to the town from anywhere. And you should see the crowd at City Market after a day of "riding."

So this isn't an ad, I'm posting two that I know of. Our family nickname from friends is gearheads, though. :D People spend as little time in town as possible, are in a hurry or on a mission and usually tired and sunburned. Anybody passing through could put up some signs. We won't get back over now until late in the year.

Gearheads 471 S Main St Moab, UT. 435-259-4327
Red Rock Outfitters 225 S Main St Moab, UT 435-259-9941
City Market 425 South Main Street Moab, UT 435-259-5181

Now would be a great time to post up some fresh signs in these places. People are into exploring, and often don't care just exactly where. I kept waiting for a clue, to help with the wording so the searching isn't wasted, like maybe "north of I70," but south of there has also never been even slightly ruled out. Maybe something like within a large radius of Salt Lake City.

It's high time a new poster was made which explains, in a brief, concise manner, that Susan's body may have been disposed of in the area. The current flyers being used are useless because people will be looking for a living person, not a corpse.

I posed this question to two of Susan's friends and they both wrote me back saying Susan was absolutely not pregnant. I was given a reason for this which I was told I cannot share here by the site owner.

Glad you asked someone. That's really the only legitimate reason I can think of that she went to bed. I mean, why would you invite (assuming Jovanna was invited) someone over and then go to bed? I could see it if it was late at night, but in the late afternoon?

Just one of many questions we all have...

Glad you asked someone. That's really the only legitimate reason I can think of that she went to bed. I mean, why would you invite (assuming Jovonna was invited) someone over and then go to bed? I could see it if it was late at night, but in the late afternoon?

Just one of many questions we all have...

If you'd like the particulars, you can send me a private message.

Pickie, are you saying you know the particulars as to why Susan couldn't be preggers, or why she went to bed at such an early hour?

Pickie, are you saying you know the particulars as to why Susan couldn't be preggers, or why she went to bed at such an early hour?

I am saying I was told by two friends of Susan Powell, when I wrote them asking if there was any way Susan could have been pregnant, that there was absolutely no way this was the case.

I was also given inside information which would really clinch it for you which I did post here on Websleuths but my post was removed to protect the integrity of this case.

If you want to know what the inside information is, message me.

It's high time a new poster was made which explains, in a brief, concise manner, that Susan's body may have been disposed of in the area. The current flyers being used are useless because people will be looking for a living person, not a corpse.
You mean like the posters about the minivan?
: |

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back