VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dozens of law enforcement officers focused their search on the wooded area across from Cannery Loop, not far from Eads Lane.

Around 8:00PM, five search dogs were on the trail of a scent in the woods and about ten police vehicles were parked along Route 29.

web+pic9.jpg

eta http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...is-Murphy-219063421.html#.UgWJHlFqH-E.twitter

I must have missed this link....which one is it?

Nelson Co., right?

I feel like I've heard before that cops sometimes use different frequencies to thwart the publics attempts at listening in.

yep, actually tried several.

IMO it doesn't really sound like they are searching in a place where they are likely to find her alive and well...

I've been so busy this week that I havent been able to keep up with this case. Would any one be willing to tell me if there has been any updates? Any reason why the FBI was involved so quickly? Thank you!

I've been so busy this week that I havent been able to keep up with this case. Would any one be willing to tell me if there has been any updates? Any reason why the FBI was involved so quickly? Has her car been found? Thank you!

Car was found Tuesday in Charlottesville in a movie theatre parking lot and 20 yards from her grandmas apartment.

FBI involved because of possible family ties.

Evanne Armour ‏@EvanneArmour 35m
VSP, FBI & several dogs wrap up search of wooded area across street from Cannery Loop. #FindAlexisMurphy

BRRG0VmCMAA4NBx.jpg

I did a map of the places they are searching along with the two RSO in that area. Based off of an earlier post that AM was seen walking with a white male on RT 29. The 1st sex offender is Dwayne Breeden, considered violent, sexual battery, and carnal knowledge of a child 13 to 15, you can view the other one at the Virginia sex registry site under the zipcode of 22949 in Lovingston. The second one named Michael Bullock is located on Ponton Lane and was convicted of INDECENT LIBERTIES WITH CHILD BY CUSTODIAN.

1 RSO. Location A
2 RSO Location C

Sorry this isn't filled out completely I have to learn how to do the rest, maybe someone who knows how to do the maps faster could take it over and re-plot it.

http://goo.gl/maps/TZ7KL

TZ7KL

Kilburn says there is nothing good about being connected to this investigation.

"It's very disturbing," Kilburn said. "I'm trying to offer a family business here and I hate to think that Charlottesville is the kind of place where this can happen."

Kilburn says the Carmike Cinemas had posters of Alexis posted all week, but he took them down on Friday to get ready for weekend crowds.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...od-in-Search-for-Alexis-Murphy-219046621.html

O.M.G.

Wow. Wouldn't it be better to leave them up for the weekend crowds to see? The more people who know that she's is missing the better, everyone will know to look for her! I honestly can't see a good reason for wanting to take them down just before the weekend rush. Absolutely ridiculous. :facepalm:

:what: Five search dogs on trail into woods!?!

IMO it doesn't really sound like they are searching in a place where they are likely to find her alive and well...

I have a sinking feeling... I agree with you, Clu, if they're looking in the woods it lessens the already low chance of this one having a happy ending.

Hoping that Alexis is found alive and well. :praying:

Evanne Armour ‏@EvanneArmour 35m
VSP, FBI & several dogs wrap up search of wooded area across street from Cannery Loop. #FindAlexisMurphy

BRRG0VmCMAA4NBx.jpg

Please tell me they found something that will help them find her....

While it doesn't look good for sure, there are a few houses/mobile homes/buildings and God knows what else in that general area. She could very well be in an underground grow facility too if she got caught up with a supplier. There are also plenty of occasions when someone becomes obsessed with their victim and keeps them alive for quite some time.

In fact, I would say if the dogs were on a scent in the woods and then lost it, she could be inside or deep underground (bunker) somewhere.

I found this on the Help Save the Girl site on FB. Any thoughts could this be a truck driver doing all these crimes? Sage Smith is a transgender teen so we might can rule him out because they have a suspect for him, who has fled. However, what about the others are they linked to Alexis Murphy who also disappeared around the RT 29 corridor? If it was a truck driver that would make sense could have been at the gas station, McDonalds, or the grocery store adjacent to the gas station at the same time? Are there any similarities in these cases that might link them? Just some thoughts.

View attachment 36422

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...04835520.74879.278701238821410&type=1&theater
Fascinating map.
Notice the earlier crimes they find a body, but most of the ones following remain as missing, until one of the most recent ones.
Could very well be the same killer. Careless in the beginning, but gets good at it, then careless at the end. :moo:

Kilburn says there is nothing good about being connected to this investigation.

"It's very disturbing," Kilburn said. "I'm trying to offer a family business here and I hate to think that Charlottesville is the kind of place where this can happen."

Kilburn says the Carmike Cinemas had posters of Alexis posted all week, but he took them down on Friday to get ready for weekend crowds.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...od-in-Search-for-Alexis-Murphy-219046621.html

O.M.G.
That is disgusting behaviour!

They have a scent!!! God I'm praying this ends well and she's okay and found TONIGHT!!
Could it be she had a favourit scent to wear? You know how at that age you really spray that scent bottle.
A dog would be able to pick that smell out in the woods and trails easily, only if she was out the car at any time mind you.

Car was found Tuesday in Charlottesville in a movie theatre parking lot and 20 yards from her grandmas apartment.

FBI involved because of possible family ties.
Seen this a few times, but have no clue what it means.

Can anyone clarify?

No one knows whether they found anything. I Feel like they may have found her phone earlier, which led them to this location.

OT: Why is this dang site so slow of late? Someone needs to pony up for more bandwidth.

No one knows whether they found anything. I Feel like they may have found her phone earlier, which led them to this location.

OT: Why is this dang site so slow of late? Someone needs to pony up for more bandwidth.

OT but am hoping they work on the server soon but not while these few cases are kind of "breaking". Although I can hardly get on anyway...

I keep getting drawn to a place where 6 breaks off (Irish road) and there are two roads on the left: 616 (Hickory Creek Rd) and 615 (Thurman Hollows Ln). In between is a road called Brent Manor Ln that is on the right side of the road. That area on both sides, north from where 6 comes in (River Rd), says "look here" to me. Maybe it's the terrain. Or maybe I've been looking at maps too long....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay