VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this day and age with everyone having a smart phone and a Facebook - my mom even has a Facebook and so do most of her sisters. I feel like her parents definitely new, whether they had a Facebook or not is not important - I'm sure her aunts/uncles/cousins had Facebook, twitter, instagram - w/e - and told her parents. Am I wrong for thinking this?!? If I would post an inappropriate picture (and I'm 22) you bet my mother would find out in literally 5 minutes. All I know is if I had a child with a ******* page like that - letting out all her dirty laundry and let men/boys talk to her in such a DEGRADING way and actually responding back to the foolery you better believe that yall would need to call Child Protective Services on me, because it would NOT be nice!!:twocents:
Most middle aged and older people stick with facebook, because they find the other stuff harder to navigate. If u notice, her FB is very tame, that's probably because her family is on there. All these newer sites are generally for younger people. I see a lot of people acting totally different on instagram than they do on FB since instagram is mostly just their friends. I'm willing to bet that her parents didn't know what she had on those other sites.

Where is the W/M 26 y/o RSO in relation to Eades Rd/Cannery Lp?

Is it me or does that top picture look like they are carrying something or blocking the view of it? Maybe it could just be the dogs?

I thought it looked that way too, but resolution is so poor, so who knows? I wonder if they were in a hurry to search that location because of the weather. Not long after they were on the move, we got a storm here in Lynchburg. Would rain wash away a scent? I'm sorry to be so naive about this.

Well, here's the thing - they started there late, so there must've been an awful urgent and compelling reason to search there. They may have indeed found something. We should probably just keep track of Twitter feeds at this point, and perhaps scanner chatter if they've not gone dark.

The only problem with the RSO theory is how the hell would any of them have known where her grandma lives in cville?

The only problem with the RSO theory is how the hell would any of them have known where her grandma lives in cville?

The car was not parked at her Grandmother's apt at Rio Hill Rd, it was parked at the Carmike theater which lies parallel to Arden Apt. He could have just randomly dropped the car there and fled the state possibly with her. Again it is JMO and usually LE check out sex offenders in the area maybe they have already check out these two individuals. Also, a news article recently stated there was no connection to the relatives in Charlottesville and the car because AM was not aware they lived there, maybe they had recently moved or she was not close to them. The have already check out these two individuals. Someone earlier had stated that people from that area had seen AM walking with a W/M along RT 29.

LE has stated that they do not believe where her car was parked had anything to do with where her grandmother lives.

It's right off of 29N - the same road she was last seen on and the same road they're searching about 20 miles south. It could have been parked there due to being low on gas or for a host of other reasons. The thing is, if she didn't park the car, there is likely more than one suspect involved. Either directly or an accessory after the fact. Unless, of course, he lives within walking distance of the theatre - but what would he be doing that far south (Lovingston) without his own car?

I think the first thing LEOs do when a teen or kid go missing is scope out the RSOs in the area. IMO that car was too close to family for it to have been a random occurrence.

It's also important to read between the lines and note that LE must not believe she parked the car or they wouldn't be looking for her 20-30 miles south on the side of the road. Their investigation would instead be centered in C-ville.

I found this on the Help Save the Girl site on FB. Any thoughts could this be a truck driver doing all these crimes? Sage Smith is a transgender teen so we might can rule him out because they have a suspect for him, who has fled. However, what about the others are they linked to Alexis Murphy who also disappeared around the RT 29 corridor? If it was a truck driver that would make sense could have been at the gas station, McDonalds, or the grocery store adjacent to the gas station at the same time? Are there any similarities in these cases that might link them? Just some thoughts.

View attachment 36422

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...04835520.74879.278701238821410&type=1&theater

Some of these cases may well be linked, but many of them (if not most of them) probably aren't since in many of these cases, LE has a person of interest (and none of these cases have the same person of interest).

- A person of interest was named in Kelli Bordeaux's case - a RSO who gave her a ride home from the bar she was at the night she disappeared.

- A person of interest (a different RSO) was named in Brittanee Drexel's case.

- LE has said there's a person of interest in Heather Hodges' case (they haven't publicly named him, but many sleuthers suspect her boyfriend).

-Yet another different man was named as a person of interest in Samantha Clarke's case.

-Bethany Decker's boyfriend was named as a person of interest in her disappearance.

-A person of interest, Erik McFadden, was named in Dashad "Sage" Smith's case.

-Many people believe the young men Lauren Spierer was partying with the night she disappeared know what happened to her, either by causing it or covering it up.

I don't know much about the other cases on this map (aside from Holly Bobo's, in which no POI has been named), but most of these particular cases have separate persons of interest and are likely not linked.

Morgan's killer is still out there (best we know- unless he's dead or in jail for something else) and may still be active & responsible for the murders disappearances in other cases, though. There are other missing women in VA from the last decade who never seem to make it on these maps/lists but you can find them by searching NAMUS.

But CV is so big... The act just doesn't seem random to me. Maybe someone else parked the car but I am having a hard time believing that location was randomly chosen --- unless the perp figured that specific parking lot was "hidden" enough and out of the way enough for anyone to find it for a few days.

Some of these cases may well be linked, but many of them (if not most of them) probably aren't since in many of these cases, LE has a person of interest (and none of these cases have the same person of interest).

- A person of interest was named in Kelli Bordeaux's case - an RSO who gave her a ride home from the bar she was at the night she disappeared.

- A person of interest (a different RSO) was named in Brittanee Drexel's case.

- LE has said there's a person of interest in Heather Hodges' case (they haven't publicly named him, but many sleuthers suspect her boyfriend).

-Yet another different man was named as a person of interest in Samantha Clarke's case.

-Bethany Decker's boyfriend was named as a person of interest in her disappearance.

-A person of interest, Erik McFadden, was named in Dashad "Sage" Smith's case.

-Many people believe the young men Lauren Spierer was partying with the night she disappeared know what happened to her, either by causing it or covering it up.

I don't know much about the other cases on this map (aside from Holly Bobo's, in which no POI has been named), but most of these particular cases have separate persons of interest and are likely not linked.

Morgan's killer is still out there (best we know- unless he's dead or in jail for something else) and may still be active & responsible for the murders disappearances in other cases, though. There are other missing women in VA from the last decade who never seem to make it on these maps/lists but you can find them by searching NAMUS.

Thanks for the clarification on those cases. Another pressing manner unrelated to that map is that there are currently 261 missing children in the state of VA as of Aug 1. according to http://wtvr.com/2013/08/09/search-for-missing-teen-zeroes-in-on-neighborhood/ that are not on that map.

Maybe the scent the dog picked up around the movie theatre/clubhouse was the scent of the perp who drove the car to that location. The scent probably disappeared because the perp got in someone else's car and drove off. And that 2nd perp was probably waiting (to be as inconspicuous as possible) near the clubhouse -- a pretty straight shot out of that neighborhood.

LE said they are not even sure she knew her grandmother lived there so I doubt she was spotted there by an RSO.

LE said they are not even sure she knew her grandmother lived there so I doubt she was spotted there by an RSO.

Expanding on that -- the perp would have the scent on them from being in AM's car. I wonder if someone DID pick up the perp if they knew what the perp just did or if the perp is familiar with the area and just said "hey I need a ride, pick me up at the clubhouse"....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tawana V