VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So...

LE got assistance from Boy Scouts. Her aunt had said something to the effect that her phone was like a sixth finger. Wouldn't it be possible that she would be with her phone? Can't they just get the info that they need from the phone without having the physical phone? Why keep looking for the phone if they aren't looking for it to be WITH her?

And, so what about her car and the area around it and scents?

It's also important to read between the lines and note that LE must not believe she parked the car or they wouldn't be looking for her 20-30 miles south on the side of the road. Their investigation would instead be centered in C-ville.
It pains me to say this but leaving the car by those apartments reminds me of Morgan Harrington's t-shirt turning up several days later in front of other apartments in C-Ville. It may just be a diversion technique or a red herring.

I'm not sure. I think if they had found anything significant they would announce a presser, unless it's a situation where they need to notify the family of any developments first.

I was hoping they had actually found something :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How strange. I don't think I have ever seen a search havin Boy Scouts with police officers.

So they def weren't looking for a body (I hope).

There were Boy Scouts involved in some of the Kyron Horman searches. I was told there's some kind of program for boys who want to go on to careers in LE, forensics, etc.

I was hoping they had actually found something :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too. It scares me that she hasn't been found yet.

Far too many young women are going missing. Some still not found. I'm hoping for a different outcome here.

Are you guys sure those are boy scouts? When I enlarged that picture it looks like those guys are standing in a ditch lower than the road, or am I looking at the wrong picture???

I don't know how they could be sure they wouldn't find a body in those woods... any body.

Yes, there are programs in the Boy Scouts for those interested in things like this, and yes, they could have very well been looking for a body. Civilians help search for missing people all the time - adolescents included. It was already reported that the reason they were searching that specific area so aggressively is because the dogs were following a scent. Dogs aren't trained to pick up on IPhone plastic as far as I know.

It pains me to say this but leaving the car by those apartments reminds me of Morgan Harrington's t-shirt turning up several days later in front of other apartments in C-Ville. It may just be a diversion technique or a red herring.

I am still not convinced that this isn't related in some way to MH. They contacted her mother very early on. I feel like this may be the reason the FBI and state police were so quick on the draw. I wonder if they have processed forensics from the car, and if so whether any of it matches the same perp. It seems to me that whatever they got from the scene in Charlottesville leads them to believe that she was never there, and that whatever happened to her happened soon after she left the Liberty gas station and in the vicinity of where they seem to be primarily focusing their manpower.

And someone asked earlier why it's important to find the phone considering all of the capabilities they have to retrieve texts and other info from the carrier. Well, the phone is a mini computer nowadays and much of what is done on it is stored locally (via RAM or HDD). She could have a picture of the perp stored on there, for example.

They need the phone to see any pictures that she may have taken but didn't send via SM. Pictures, unless downloaded can only be seen by looking at the phone. They are not even on the sim card.

Also, the condition of the phone. is it damaged or intact. And, let's say a jealous or angry suitor grabbed it away from her and threw it, then maybe it will have fingerprints or touch DNA.

A Scenario that crossed my mind:
Someone sets up a fake Twitter page asks her to DM them, then over time she feels like they "know" each other and agrees to send racier pics and/or videos. But, this new OL friend is really someone she actually knows in real life...either someone who suspected she was sending more suggestive or even n()des to other guys or someone who would be very angry if she were doing this. That person then sets up a meeting, as themselves, and when they get her somewhere private or secluded he/she blindsides her with the pictures and a violent argument ensues...Then that person, who knows her and even her family, gets back in the car and drives it to C-Ville leaving it near Grandma's....either to point the finger toward a family member or to make it look like AM drove there herself and that a stranger abducted her.

But before driving away, said angry person either destroys her phone or throws it out of the car.
JMO, of course.

Are you guys sure those are boy scouts? When I enlarged that picture it looks like those guys are standing in a ditch lower than the road, or am I looking at the wrong picture???

I can't identify them as boy scouts from the photo. I thought they looked more like women who were handling the dogs. But it's certainly unclear.

Maybe the perp somehow knew her grandmother lived there and they were trying to make it seem as though she parked it there for whatever reason. If the perp lived in or around the area of the gas station I don't think they would want to leave the car anywhere near there in fear of being linked. Just a thought. That may not be the reason at all.

I think the boy scouts - if that's who they are - are the folks in the red berets.

Another thing I considered is the fact that everyone can see all of her activity online which means they too, can see what she says to other people so even if the perps not say the guy who said they saw her at liberty gas station, but someone else who was reading all this and now knows where she gets her gas and then saw that she was going to burg as she put it and waited for her to show up there to get gas.

What I'd like to know is if there are any LE cars currently staked out outside of the search area right now. Oftentimes when something is found but they couldn't retrieve it due to darkness or some reason, they will secure the scene overnight and come back at first light.

Can someone remind me whether it was around 6 or 7 that she left her house? Twitter says 3:04 EST (burg bound!) but I'm not sure if its Mountain (6:04) or Pacific (7:04) time.

Can someone remind me whether it was around 6 or 7 that she left her house? Twitter says 3:04 EST (burg bound!) but I'm not sure if its Mountain (6:04) or Pacific (7:04) time.

It should be pacific. So 7:04.

OK if that's the case, then here is where we are:

7:04 she tweets that she is 'burg bound'. I'm assuming this is the approx time she left her home.

7:09 she tweets or retweets something to @Mike_Deuces

7:09 she tweets or retweets something to @YOUNGJAYDC

7:12 she tweets "How about I pull a YOU on you?" addressed to seemingly no one in particular.

7:15 she is seen on camera at the Liberty gas station. (11 minutes is enough time to get from Shipman to this location).

7:17 she tweets "Thank you" to @Mike_Deuces. He replies at 7:18 "anytime :)"

7:23 she tweets "If you don't like what you see, don't look"

7:40 she tweets "I actually look cute right now"

So, if these times are correct, she was fine for 25 minutes after she was seen on camera at Liberty. Hmm. So either she went somewhere near Cannery Lp/Eades Rd and chilled with someone until something happened to her, or double you tee eff???

It is pacific, but that is 6:04. It is three hours later in Virginia than it is Pacific time (not 4 hours). This makes her OK until 35 minutes before she shows up at the Liberty station.

OK if that's the case, then here is where we are:

7:04 she tweets that she is 'burg bound'. I'm assuming this is the approx time she left her home.

7:09 she tweets or retweets something to @Mike_Deuces

7:09 she tweets or retweets something to @YOUNGJAYDC

7:12 she tweets "How about I pull a YOU on you?" addressed to seemingly no one in particular.

7:15 she is seen on camera at the Liberty gas station. (11 minutes is enough time to get from Shipman to this location).

7:17 she tweets "Thank you" to @Mike_Deuces. He replies at 7:18 "anytime :)"

7:23 she tweets "If you don't like what you see, don't look"

7:40 she tweets "I actually look cute right now"

So, if these times are correct, she was fine for 25 minutes after she was seen on camera at Liberty. Hmm. So either she went somewhere near Cannery Lp/Eades Rd and chilled with someone until something happened to her, or double you tee eff???
Maybe she saw someone she knew while she was at the gas station and she thought she was fine, because she thought she knew said person. Also lets get real about smoking weed, I won't lie and say that when I was her age I smoked a little too and I also won't lie and say that I haven't gone with people that I didn't really know but were acquaintances at that age and smoked because they offered. So could that be what happened originally? Then something went terribly wrong? She could have been with someone when she tweeted for those 25 minutes. Or maybe she went to someones house for the reason of getting a bag before she went to lynchburg. But then again what time was her hair appointment? It wouldn't have been made for that late would it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson