VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they track a scent that deep into the woods and/or search that deep if they were only looking for a cellphone? Would a perp really waste all that time by going deep into the woods to get rid of a phone? JMO

I do not believe they would be looking for a phone in this manner and on a Friday night, much less. Yes, it would be good to have the phone, but I am pretty sure they are searching for Alexis at this point. And to be honest, I am kind of shocked that they can't get seem to get anywhere in this case, with all of the LE they have dedicated to it.

Hopefully there are a lot of you WSers that are way more tech savy than I am, but I am so far behind in the twitter, and even FB postings, there are some questions that come to my mind about this case.

Because, again, I am not in the know about posting pictures, I sort of shy away from posting pics due to something that was on 60 minutes a while back, where this guy had a reporter post a picture from her cell phone, onto FB. He had some kind of program that he was able to figure out exactly where the picture was taken and the time it was taken. So this made me think, if this is really possible, and Alexis has been uploading all these pictures, could anyone who wanted to, track her almost every move at any given time time? Sorry if this is rambling. I really want to know about this.

Yes I found out about this possibility from websleuths. It's a setting you can have on or off. My fiancé had it on and I was able to see exactly where he was at each time of the photos. We made sure we cut that setting off on our iPhones. I have no idea with the setting off if you can still do that though. I hope not. But I guess in missing persons cases it may help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not believe they would be looking for a phone in this manner and on a Friday night, much less. Yes, it would be good to have the phone, but I am pretty sure they are searching for Alexis at this point. And to be honest, I am kind of shocked that they can't get seem to get anywhere in this case, with all of the LE they have dedicated to it.

I agree!

I really expected, with the large LE presence searching yesterday (IMO) , that they were really onto something...

and... I expected some type of presser about it today...

It makes me wonder if the perp is more sophisticated/experienced than I originally thought...

Just some thoughts...

Unless the LE find something soon this is starting to look like a possible human trafficking abduction. They usually have more than one person involved, and looks like the person driving the white car on Cannery Loop was unfamiliar with the area according to the lady who saw the car. Maybe they tossed items in various places as they drove off. This would at least ensure she was alive. The drop off of the car could be a coincidence. She might have caught the eye of human traffickers based off of her twitter pictures, and how she gave out her information online that would have made it easy to find her. It was heard that around that area recently two strange Mexicans were seen driving around.

On another note I found this image via her twitter and then now the twitter name is not available.

This could be a possibility. Again JMO.

Attachments

• A5Kz3dDCcAAo5s9.jpg
    A5Kz3dDCcAAo5s9.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 102
Unless the LE find something soon this is starting to look like a possible human trafficking abduction. They usually have more than one person involved, and looks like the person driving the white car on Cannery Loop was unfamiliar with the area according to the lady who saw the car. Maybe they tossed items in various places as they drove off. This would at least ensure she was alive. The drop off of the car could be a coincidence. She might have caught the eye of human traffickers based off of her twitter pictures, and how she gave out her information online that would have made it easy to find her. It was heard that around that area recently two strange Mexicans were seen driving around.

On another note I found this image via her twitter and then now the twitter name is not available.

This could be a possibility. Again JMO.
Wow! That is creepy! I'll bet he found out she went missing and tried to pull his profile. Wow. Hopefully LE is looking at this guy. That is really scary!!

OK if that's the case, then here is where we are:

7:04 she tweets that she is 'burg bound'. I'm assuming this is the approx time she left her home.

7:09 she tweets or retweets something to @Mike_Deuces

7:09 she tweets or retweets something to @YOUNGJAYDC

7:12 she tweets "How about I pull a YOU on you?" addressed to seemingly no one in particular.

7:15 she is seen on camera at the Liberty gas station. (11 minutes is enough time to get from Shipman to this location).

7:17 she tweets "Thank you" to @Mike_Deuces. He replies at 7:18 "anytime :)"

7:23 she tweets "If you don't like what you see, don't look"

7:40 she tweets "I actually look cute right now"

So, if these times are correct, she was fine for 25 minutes after she was seen on camera at Liberty. Hmm. So either she went somewhere near Cannery Lp/Eades Rd and chilled with someone until something happened to her, or double you tee eff???
Here is how I interpreted her comments. Mind you, I am reading between the lines here

The "burg bound" comment was her heads up message to someone that she was headed their way.

The message, "how bout I pull a ..." was directed To the person she was supposed to meet. they were probably late, and so she is saying, how would you like it if I pull this crap on you?

The person shows up and she sends thank you text. The "anytime" reply says a lot in my opinion. Maybe then she pulled her car into a place far from busy traffic, and proceeded to smoke.
As she is doing this, she notices someone looking at her with either disapproval or dislike. She thinks it has something to do with her physical appearance, based on her last comment.

I don't think anyone has to be especially sophisticated to abduct someone. Knowing to disable a phone is pretty basic these days. If anything, they might be lucky, since there should be more video, Imo. We are always told how we are watched all the time, yet it seldom seems true when someone goes missing.

This article mentions Alexis, although another woman is missing nearby.

http://www.insidenova.com/news/crim...cle_d7bce024-01d0-11e3-8d64-001a4bcf887a.html

This looks like it is in Woodbridge, which is on I-95 just north of Richmond and just south of DC. The bridge is right on the interstate, so it could be anyone really - including Alexis.

Alexandria , where the other woman is missing, is not 'close' per se, but it is much closer than the Shipman/Lovingston/Charlottesville corridor.

I suppose we'll just have to keep an eye on this. Good find.

The "burg bound" comment was her heads up message to someone that she was headed their way.

The message, "how bout I pull a ..." was directed To the person she was supposed to meet. they were probably late, and so she is saying, how would you like it if I pull this crap on you?

The person shows up and she sends thank you text. The "anytime" reply says a lot in my opinion. Maybe then she pulled her car into a place far from busy traffic, and proceeded to smoke.

The person she was having that exchange with lives in New Brunswick, NJ, I believe. He is not local.

This looks like it is in Woodbridge, which is on I-95 just north of Richmond and just south of DC. The bridge is right on the interstate, so it could be anyone really - including Alexis.

Alexandria , where the other woman is missing, is not 'close' per se, but it is much closer than the Shipman/Lovingston/Charlottesville corridor.

edited- the home of the woman missing from in Alexandria is actually very very close to where the body was found, but her last location is a little farther from the river. It has been being discussed on the local scanner pages here in NOVA all am, they were actually looking for the missing Alexandria woman last night and when there was a report of people in the water (which turned out to be a boating mishap and all 6 have been accounted for) people thought it could be her.

No, Alexandria is close to Occoquan. Just down Rt 1 or round about 95 to 495.

Also, I started a thread for the missing Alexandria woman -- Andrea Crew.

IMO and I know alot dont agree with me here but I still think it is important that the car was found where is was.. regardless. 20 yards from grandmas house and less then a mile from her job. The scent regardless if it was her or if it was from the perp having her smell on her is big here. Most clubhouses do have video so i'm sure they pulled that from there. The FBI -- even if a family member is part of them still have to go by certain procedures and rules to conduct. IMO the LE have information (Best friend interviews, Family, Video, Messages(Facebook,Twitter) thats why they are looking at certain areas but does not mean they stopped looking and investigating in Cville. Thats why they are looking for something. Also usually once they cross state lines or something that involves another case thats usually when FBI steps in. I'm almost positive the LE know a little more than they are telling which is smart because they aren't gonna give away their case. Like I mentioned before this also could be a possible runaway case (which I hope) because she seems like she likes attention.. she is a middle child .. Although I know she is popular and loves volleyball which is why I am kinda thinking one thing but telling myself, no it couldn't happen.

No, Alexandria is close to Occoquan. Just down Rt 1 or round about 95 to 495.

Also, I started a thread for the missing Alexandria woman -- Andrea Crew.

About 20-25 miles. The way I read the article, the bridge is the Occoquan river bridge on 95 just north of Woodbridge - not the town of Occoquan. While true the probability is higher that it is the Alexandria woman due to her being 20-25 miles away and Alexis being 100+, the fact that it is an interstate bridge squares those odds ever so slightly.

Put it this way, I won't rule it out until she is identified as someone else.

You just can't rule out the possibility that this was voluntary. Right now, there's not enough evidence to say that she didn't get some gas, drive north, toss her phone out of her car window, park in that lot and run off to get married or join the circus or whatever.

I'd rather she ran away with no answers for her family than for her family to find out that something horrible happened to her. So I guess that means I'm actually hoping she ran away.

About 20-25 miles. The way I read the article, the bridge is the Occoquan river bridge on 95 just north of Woodbridge - not the town of Occoquan. While true the probability is higher that it is the Alexandria woman due to her being 20-25 miles away and Alexis being 100+, the fact that it is an interstate bridge squares those odds ever so slightly.

yhyvy4ab.jpg

That's where she last seen. Straight shot.

Anyway, any new developments on the AM case today? I'm on the Nelson Co scanner but nothing is going on, per usual.

You just can't rule out the possibility that this was voluntary. Right now, there's not enough evidence to say that she didn't get some gas, drive north, toss her phone out of her car window, park in that lot and run off to get married or join the circus or whatever.

I'd rather she ran away with no answers for her family than for her family to find out that something horrible happened to her. So I guess that means I'm actually hoping she ran away.

How much longer do you think they'll search for her?

It is about 16 miles from where the missing Alexandria woman was last seen and about 10 miles (by vehicle) from her home. Her home is very close to the Potomac, but her last location is not quite as close. If someone where to drive from Nelson County or Charlottesville to the bridge on 95, they would have passed unlimited places to dispose of a body before coming to the 95 bridge. Seems unlikely it was her if anything happened back around her home/ c-ville (unless they were driving back up 95.....)

It is about 16 miles from where the missing Alexandria woman was last seen and about 10 miles (by vehicle) from her home. Her home is very close to the Potomac, but her last location is not quite as close. If someone where to drive from Nelson County or Charlottesville to the bridge on 95, they would have passed unlimited places to dispose of a body before coming to the 95 bridge. Seems unlikely it was her if anything happened back around her home/ c-ville (unless they were driving back up 95.....)

I feel like I saw someone on her twitter feed say they were going to NJ this weekend. You'd have to pass over that bridge to continue on from southern VA to get to NJ. I think it was the same guy who refers to AM as his "wifey"

How much longer do you think they'll search for her?

I don't know. In some missing persons cases, the amount of searching that occurs is minimal at best. They've really done a lot of investigating in this case. But how much longer can they keep it up? There are only so many leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamingman73