VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is pacific, but that is 6:04. It is three hours later in Virginia than it is Pacific time (not 4 hours). This makes her OK until 35 minutes before she shows up at the Liberty station.

Okay, now that makes a little more sense. I was just going by what Tonto had for pacific. I didn't even look, sorry.

Even still, if 6:04 is correct that still makes that one late hair appointment. Wasn't she going to lynchburg for a hair appointment? How far away is lynchburg, because either way, now that I'm thinking about it that doesn't make any sense at all. Maybe she wasn't going there after all?

It is pacific, but that is 6:04. It is three hours later in Virginia than it is Pacific time (not 4 hours). This makes her OK until 35 minutes before she shows up at the Liberty station.

Yep. I'm an idiot. It's 3 hours. However, are we certain that she is using Pacific time and not a 4 hour difference in her Twitter settings?

Anyway, let's say it's Pacific and she leaves her home at around the time of her last tweet at 6:40. That is 35 minutes to drive 6 or 7 miles. That doesn't sound right.

Yep. I'm an idiot. It's 3 hours. However, are we certain that she is using Pacific time and not a 4 hour difference in her Twitter settings?

Anyway, let's say it's Pacific and she leaves her home at around the time of her last tweet at 6:40. That is 35 minutes to drive 6 or 7 miles. That doesn't sound right.
Actually, we don't. She COULD have chosen any time zone she wanted (including GMT). But from what I have read, if you aren't logged into Twitter, the default time is PST, so I see 3:04 for the "Burg Bound." tweet.

And I have the same problem with the time frame. It has never added up to me.

Even still, if 6:04 is correct that still makes that one late hair appointment. Wasn't she going to lynchburg for a hair appointment? How far away is lynchburg, because either way, now that I'm thinking about it that doesn't make any sense at all. Maybe she wasn't going there after all?
It seemed late to me to start out so late to go 45 minutes away. If she really had started at 6:04, that would have made more sense.

Actually, we don't. She COULD have chosen any time zone she wanted (including GMT). But from what I have read, if you aren't logged into Twitter, the default time is PST, so I see 3:04 for the "Burg Bound." tweet.

If you look on other peoples pages that she tweeted to it shows the right time. Like one said 6 something. Also I notice a lot of her pics have been removed but you can still see what she said about them and it seems she was in charllotesville and lynchburg a lot because she mentions them in a lot of pics like one said something to the effect of this is my buddy from c-ville.

she told her brothers that she was going to go buy hair extensions for a hair appt, due to Senior pictures coming up

Ah. Ok. That makes sense. So, it defaults to PST if I am not logged in (I don't have Twitter).

So, that leaves this time line:

6:04 she tweets that she is 'burg bound'.

6:09 she tweets or retweets something to @Mike_Deuces

6:09 she tweets or retweets something to @YOUNGJAYDC

6:12 she tweets "How about I pull a YOU on you?" addressed to seemingly no one in particular.

6:17 she tweets "Thank you" to @Mike_Deuces. He replies at 7:18 "anytime "

6:23 she tweets "If you don't like what you see, don't look"

6:40 she tweets "I actually look cute right now"

7:15 she is seen on camera at the Liberty gas station.

Let's say she was looking in the mirror at 6:40 when she tweeted her last tweet. Let's say it took her another 10 minutes to leave her house. So she left at 6:50-ish and arrived at the Liberty approx 20 minutes later at say, 7:10. She pumps gas, it takes her 5 minutes until 7:15. At 7:15 she is seen walking in to either pay or purchase something.

I wonder if she paid cash for her gas and whatever else she bought? If she did, I wonder how they tracked her to the Liberty in the first place. Phone GPS?

However, here is another scenario:

She left soon at or near the time she texted 'burg bound' (6:04). This leaves an hour and eleven minutes between the time she left and the time she was seen on camera. So, what if she stopped somewhere to either hang out for a short time or to scoop someone up? Remember, LE won't discuss whether anyone was in the car with her at Liberty.

The 6:23 tweet "If you don't like what you see, don't look" seems like she may have been somewhere and getting catty looks from someone. Unless, of course, she was responding to someone online, but I don't see a conversation between her and anyone for that correspondence.

Man, what a mystery this is.

Either one.....the second one might explain why it seems something happened so fast after Liberty. Phone going dead or being destroyed as they put it earlier. And of course, all these searches. Lots of rural area to cover! I agree that the scent from the car in CV is from the perp.

Ah. Ok. That makes sense. So, it defaults to PST if I am not logged in (I don't have Twitter).

6:12 she tweets "How about I pull a YOU on you?" addressed to seemingly no one in particular.

Let's say she was looking in the mirror at 6:40 when she tweeted her last tweet. Let's say it took her another 10 minutes to leave her house. So she left at 6:50-ish and arrived at the Liberty approx 20 minutes later at say, 7:10. She pumps gas, it takes her 5 minutes until 7:15. At 7:15 she is seen walking in to either pay or purchase something.

I wonder if she paid cash for her gas and whatever else she bought? If she did, I wonder how they tracked her to the Liberty in the first place. Phone GPS?

She left soon at or near the time she texted 'burg bound' (6:04). This leaves an hour and eleven minutes between the time she left and the time she was seen on camera. So, what if she stopped somewhere to either hang out for a short time or to scoop someone up? Remember, LE won't discuss whether anyone was in the car with her at Liberty.

The 6:23 tweet "If you don't like what you see, don't look" seems like she may have been somewhere and getting catty looks from someone. Unless, of course, she was responding to someone online, but I don't see a conversation between her and anyone for that correspondence.

Leaves the gas station to pick up some weed, meet someone, drop someone off...?? Something happens....

I don't think a sketch could be linked forensically, imo forensically means scientific proof of some sort. There's nothing really scientific about a sketch really, I mean there is the science of drawing it I suppose but when I read forensically I think DNA. I could be wrong because I am no scientist...haha
Edited to add that if the 2005 incident was a sexual assault then they could easily have gotten DNA if there was a rape involved.

Just catching up on the thread but you think they would word that differently. Forensically linked? Perhaps the men share some DNA but not all (brothers? Father and son? Uncle and nephew?)?

What I'd like to know is if there are any LE cars currently staked out outside of the search area right now. Oftentimes when something is found but they couldn't retrieve it due to darkness or some reason, they will secure the scene overnight and come back at first light.

I, too, thought that they may have left an LE officer or two to remain by the search site...

to preserve the site...

and to see if any "activity" occurs around there... After their afternoon/evening search...

I hope so...

JMO

OK if that's the case, then here is where we are:

7:04 she tweets that she is 'burg bound'. I'm assuming this is the approx time she left her home.

7:09 she tweets or retweets something to @Mike_Deuces

7:09 she tweets or retweets something to @YOUNGJAYDC

7:12 she tweets "How about I pull a YOU on you?" addressed to seemingly no one in particular.

7:15 she is seen on camera at the Liberty gas station. (11 minutes is enough time to get from Shipman to this location).

7:17 she tweets "Thank you" to @Mike_Deuces. He replies at 7:18 "anytime :)"

7:23 she tweets "If you don't like what you see, don't look"

7:40 she tweets "I actually look cute right now"

So, if these times are correct, she was fine for 25 minutes after she was seen on camera at Liberty. Hmm. So either she went somewhere near Cannery Lp/Eades Rd and chilled with someone until something happened to her, or double you tee eff???
Thanks for this timeline! :seeya:

I don't think a sketch could be linked forensically, imo forensically means scientific proof of some sort. There's nothing really scientific about a sketch really, I mean there is the science of drawing it I suppose but when I read forensically I think DNA. I could be wrong because I am no scientist...haha
Edited to add that if the 2005 incident was a sexual assault then they could easily have gotten DNA if there was a rape involved.

Yes, there was a DNA match from Morgan's remains to the 2005 rapist. You can find the details in Morgan's thread.

Hopefully there are a lot of you WSers that are way more tech savy than I am, but I am so far behind in the twitter, and even FB postings, there are some questions that come to my mind about this case.

Because, again, I am not in the know about posting pictures, I sort of shy away from posting pics due to something that was on 60 minutes a while back, where this guy had a reporter post a picture from her cell phone, onto FB. He had some kind of program that he was able to figure out exactly where the picture was taken and the time it was taken. So this made me think, if this is really possible, and Alexis has been uploading all these pictures, could anyone who wanted to, track her almost every move at any given time time? Sorry if this is rambling. I really want to know about this.

No, she was going to Lynchburg to go shopping for hair, she wore weave and it looked well done, so must people who wear weave buy it from a hair shop or either special order it.

Also, wouldn't LE/FBI have that technology to know exactly where her last postings were done before that phone "went dead?" I really do not the answer to this and it also might help me to understand if it is safe to be uploading pictures of my own grandchild on FB. (Sorry if this is OT just a bit)

Hopefully there are a lot of you WSers that are way more tech savy than I am, but I am so far behind in the twitter, and even FB postings, there are some questions that come to my mind about this case.

Because, again, I am not in the know about posting pictures, I sort of shy away from posting pics due to something that was on 60 minutes a while back, where this guy had a reporter post a picture from her cell phone, onto FB. He had some kind of program that he was able to figure out exactly where the picture was taken and the time it was taken. So this made me think, if this is really possible, and Alexis has been uploading all these pictures, could anyone who wanted to, track her almost every move at any given time time? Sorry if this is rambling. I really want to know about this.

Yes, it's possible to find out something through EXIF data. Depending on what is used to take the picture, it can include the name, device, settings, time and geolocation (the latter only if the device has GPS capability, of course).
It is not possible to track a persons movement at any given time with that data, as it is attached to the picture - the data is a snapshot, just like the photo. You are only able to determine where and when that photo was taken, nothing more.
Though, of course, that might be enough. Even if people do not mention their address, through the geolocation data (if enabled) it would be possible to determine the immediate area of where the picture was taken (i.e. a picture that was taken at home would have the GPS location of the home attached and someone might find out the address that way).
There are programs out there that wipe EXIF data from pictures, some do this before uploading any pictures to the internet.

Yes, it's possible to find out something through EXIF data. Depending on what is used to take the picture, it can include the name, device, settings, time and geolocation (the latter only if the device has GPS capability, of course).
It is not possible to track a persons movement at any given time with that data, as it is attached to the picture - the data is a snapshot, just like the photo. You are only able to determine where and when that photo was taken, nothing more.
Though, of course, that might be enough. Even if people do not mention their address, through the geolocation data (if enabled) it would be possible to determine the immediate area of where the picture was taken (i.e. a picture that was taken at home would have the GPS location of the home attached and someone might find out the address that way).
There are programs out there that wipe EXIF data from pictures, some do this before uploading any pictures to the internet.

Just thanking this post was not enough. I appreciate the information so much. Sure do hope Alexis is found safe and sound, but it sure is not looking too good right now.

Why would they track a scent that deep into the woods and/or search that deep if they were only looking for a cellphone? Would a perp really waste all that time by going deep into the woods to get rid of a phone? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14