VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or does that top picture look like they are carrying something or blocking the view of it? Maybe it could just be the dogs?

I blew the picture up -- it's pretty fuzzy and hard to make up, but I don't think anybody is carrying anything. There are a couple of backpacks, however, and a couple of people in back who are completely obscured by the cops in front.

LE has stated that they do not believe where her car was parked had anything to do with where her grandmother lives.

It's right off of 29N - the same road she was last seen on and the same road they're searching about 20 miles south. It could have been parked there due to being low on gas or for a host of other reasons. The thing is, if she didn't park the car, there is likely more than one suspect involved. Either directly or an accessory after the fact. Unless, of course, he lives within walking distance of the theatre - but what would he be doing that far south (Lovingston) without his own car?

Good point. But why would it ran out of gas if she just went to the gas station. Atleast earlier. Never mind I guess if the car didn't show up until Tuesday in charlottesville it could have but then again I wouldn't see her only putting 5 or 10 in knowing that she was going to lychburg or even charlottesville. That's like 30 mins to 45 mins from the gas station. Also, lets just say her parents got tHe time confused when they saw her last, which honestly could have happened. But something is sketchy to me. First, and I'm not a police officer or know anything k9 related other than the dogs are taught to search things as in drugs, a scent and dead bodies I'm sure they are taught different things to find people dead or alive but correct me if I am wrong, the dog hit on something in the woods that's why they focused the search to the area across the street from CL but didn't it hit at the apartment complex too? Stop at the clubhouse, interesting as I'm sure there are cameras at that clubhouse I'm sure they checked that. But I guess what I trying to say how can it hit both places? Because it seems to me if anything did happen then it happened at the clubhouse, although I don't see the perp kidnapping her, taking her to rt 29 then taking the car back to cville. Also, since her grandmother lives in Cville and maybe they are close, I wonder if its someone she could have met a those apartment complex and they switched number. Possible co worker that has lived there. does this make sense or am I just babbling. Sorry been a long day at work and even miles away in Texas I can't seem to get this off my mind, I've been telling people at work about this case and saying prayers every chance I get. I'm coming home next weekend and I will tell you I would do anything to help out and look for her. Got to leave this with the good man above. (Hope not to offend anyone with that). Sorry if made spelling errors, I'm on my iPad and kinda sleepy lol. Thank god for people like you guys that put your time into this like I said you'll never know, could find her. Man that would be blessing.

But CV is so big... The act just doesn't seem random to me. Maybe someone else parked the car but I am having a hard time believing that location was randomly chosen --- unless the perp figured that specific parking lot was "hidden" enough and out of the way enough for anyone to find it for a few days.

Or possibly the car doesn't have anything to do with the disappearance? I'm thinking maybe if she went to a party and left with a guy, she might have asked a friend to drive it to someplace near her work so she could pick it up the next day, or something like that. I don't think that fits very well with what we currently know, but LE is acting like it's pretty irrelevant.

I thought it looked that way too, but resolution is so poor, so who knows? I wonder if they were in a hurry to search that location because of the weather. Not long after they were on the move, we got a storm here in Lynchburg. Would rain wash away a scent? I'm sorry to be so naive about this.

BBM...

I am definitely NO expert... but from following WS cases... and posts from WSers who ARE experts...

The way I understand it... is that rain can actually imbed a scent into the ground... opposite of what we normally think...

when I read this bit of info I was reminded of how my pup takes an even keener interest in sniffing the areas as we take our walks... after a rain!

HTH...:seeya:

But CV is so big... The act just doesn't seem random to me. Maybe someone else parked the car but I am having a hard time believing that location was randomly chosen --- unless the perp figured that specific parking lot was "hidden" enough and out of the way enough for anyone to find it for a few days.

Are you aware that AM's place of work is right in that shopping center, too?

Kid to Kid Consignments Store...

That may have played a part in the placement of the car...

Just a thought...

I think the first thing LEOs do when a teen or kid go missing is scope out the RSOs in the area. IMO that car was too close to family for it to have been a random occurrence.

I found an anomaly on a website that drew me in to look further at a particular RSO. He had two records. Now, this guy isn't aging well at all.
Gerald Michael Bloom. Lives two miles south of where AM car was located.
According to the records he has 3 last known addresses, one of them Albermarle Jail. I wonder which is correct.

I wonder if the police have had their two statements from him yet. Or maybe he is out of town?

Good point. But why would it ran out of gas if she just went to the gas station. Atleast earlier. Never mind I guess if the car didn't show up until Tuesday in charlottesville it could have but then again I wouldn't see her only putting 5 or 10 in knowing that she was going to lychburg or even charlottesville. That's like 30 mins to 45 mins from the gas station. Also, lets just say her parents got tHe time confused when they saw her last, which honestly could have happened. But something is sketchy to me. First, and I'm not a police officer or know anything k9 related other than the dogs are taught to search things as in drugs, a scent and dead bodies I'm sure they are taught different things to find people dead or alive but correct me if I am wrong, the dog hit on something in the woods that's why they focused the search to the area across the street from CL but didn't it hit at the apartment complex too? Stop at the clubhouse, interesting as I'm sure there are cameras at that clubhouse I'm sure they checked that. But I guess what I trying to say how can it hit both places? Because it seems to me if anything did happen then it happened at the clubhouse, although I don't see the perp kidnapping her, taking her to rt 29 then taking the car back to cville. Also, since her grandmother lives in Cville and maybe they are close, I wonder if its someone she could have met a those apartment complex and they switched number. Possible co worker that has lived there. does this make sense or am I just babbling. Sorry been a long day at work and even miles away in Texas I can't seem to get this off my mind, I've been telling people at work about this case and saying prayers every chance I get. I'm coming home next weekend and I will tell you I would do anything to help out and look for her. Got to leave this with the good man above. (Hope not to offend anyone with that). Sorry if made spelling errors, I'm on my iPad and kinda sleepy lol. Thank god for people like you guys that put your time into this like I said you'll never know, could find her. Man that would be blessing.

We don't know that the dogs hit on Alexis at the theatre. It is more likely that they hit on a scent from her car, which in all likelihood is the perp's or whomever was driving/riding in it. The dogs then followed the scent and lost it right at the clubhouse. Some were speculating that whomever drove it there was picked up at the clubhouse, which is a pretty solid theory.

Again, if they felt like it was possible that Alexis made it to C-ville they would focus their investigation there. Right now, it seems like their efforts are narrowly tailored to an area near Cannery Lp and Eades Rd off of 29 - about 20-30 miles south of C-ville. I think there is a reason for this: they probably know that it wasn't her that parked it - either via video or other means (e.g. fingerprints, DNA on the wheel, hair/clothes fibers, etc), and they have evidence that she is in the area they're looking (phone, clothes, etc.)

Just a thought...

Her workplace is in a different shopping center. Close by. About a mile or less

I have a question...

I apologize that I missed the anser to it...

I just read upthread that the FBI became involved so rapidly due to familial connections?

Can anyone explain this for me?

TIA...:seeya:

We don't know that the dogs hit on Alexis at the theatre. It is more likely that they hit on a scent from her car, which in all likelihood is the perp's or whomever was driving/riding in it. The dogs then followed the scent and lost it right at the clubhouse. Some were speculating that whomever drove it there was picked up at the clubhouse, which is a pretty solid theory.

Again, if they felt like it was possible that Alexis made it to C-ville they would focus their investigation there. Right now, it seems like their efforts are narrowly tailored to an area near Cannery Lp and Eades Rd off of 29 - about 20-30 miles south of C-ville. I think there is a reason for this: they probably know that it wasn't her that parked it - either via video or other means (e.g. fingerprints, DNA on the wheel, hair/clothes fibers, etc), and they have evidence that she is in the area they're looking (phone, clothes, etc.)

Haha well then. I suppose my theory is out the window. Lol I tried.

Just a thought...

Kid To Kid is close to Albemarle Shopping Center, but not a part of the shopping center. Kid To Kid is up Rt29 N slightly, across the street from Woodbrook Shopping Center.

So, with all the activity going on earlier - y'all think the found something?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you go to her twitter at RealFolarin and on her last tweet hit expand which again was at 6:40pm you can see she was conversing with other people in response to their comments. Now unless she tweets and drive I would think this would mean she would have left her house a little after her last tweet which again per her twitter was at 6 :40..... Twitter shows a trail of her tweets up until 6:40 pm.

in saying this you were replying to discussions on how much time lapsed, and where she had been, or what she had been doing, etc.. in the time between 6:04 and 7:15... and correctly putting it at 6:40, narrowing that window to 35 minutes between last tweet and surv. footage.... I wanted to add to this... She may have only lived so many miles away according to google or some map or other virtual resource... but I can tell you since I have family that lives on the same road she does, that it takes a bit to drive it... Between curves, getting stuck behind slow moving vehicles, tractors, or logging trucks... having to possibly wait for an often very long freight train to pass at the rail road crossing... going thru the low speed limit zones (25-35) etc... that time easily good have gotten eaten up without issue... Jmo

If they didn't see Alexis park the car, and last known video is from the gas station, who had the car last?

https://twitter.com/NBC29

sorry thought I put the link in there.

Just thinking...IF they did get footage of who got out of the car at theater, then...it was not Alexis driving, or riding in it... since they've stated that she has not been seen on any additional pulled video footage, since gas station... so either 1. they didn't get any footage of the car period... 2. couldn't see who got out off car... or 3. They saw who... but it wasn't her..

Evanne Armour ‏@EvanneArmour 35m
VSP, FBI & several dogs wrap up search of wooded area across street from Cannery Loop. #FindAlexisMurphy

BRRG0VmCMAA4NBx.jpg

Okay... I think here again, they were searching for her cell, based off the pings before it went dead... For a couple of reasons... One, and, I think a really big one... is... see in the top pic, those little guys in tan? according to my hubby driving home from work... they're Boy Scouts ...and they were supposedly there helping search... I can see this for a phone, but not for something that could possibly traumatized them... Secondly, as I mentioned in a previous post... The signal in that particular area is horrible... If the last ping was in that area... And they searched cannery loop... you'll notice where the searched tonight is directly across from there... This goes back to what I was saying in previous post about GPS location when signal is poor in that particular area showing a phone as several hundred feet away from where it actually is... and I am certain this is the case with the search tonight... They decided to search it, like they have been searching this exact same area around Sunny Mountain store ever since this investigation began... They have searched this one area since Monday... Over and over... They're leaving the command could have just been their decision to go look again... and media took it as a huge, sudden departure... They've been using dogs all along these ditches... and going in the woods... Well... That side of the road is wooded sooo... that is a place to search ...I had my hopes up too, believe me... But once I heard what hubby said from driving by... Drove by myself and saw where they actually were and their demeanor... it all seemed part of their continued search for the phone... And, like I said, I don't think Boy Scouts would have been used if they expected something to be found that would have been traumatic for them..... Which gives much food for thought... It makes me ponder something I have had nagging me all along... Early involvement and clamped down nature of FBI in this case... including their handling of parents/family media exposure, or lack thereof, coached, etc... Could this be part of a larger case they were already working? They already know almost everything... But can't let on because of larger involvement, and larger goal which also may may lead to her safe return if played right, etc...???? I'm just saying... Thinking... Pondering out loud... Since they can pull so much info nowadays from a smart phone... text records, call records, etc... why the desperate need for the physical phone it's self? all my own opinions, etc...

How strange. I don't think I have ever seen a search havin Boy Scouts with police officers.

So they def weren't looking for a body (I hope).

I blew the picture up -- it's pretty fuzzy and hard to make up, but I don't think anybody is carrying anything. There are a couple of backpacks, however, and a couple of people in back who are completely obscured by the cops in front.

They are Boy Scouts

So, with all the activity going on earlier - y'all think the found something?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure. I think if they had found anything significant they would announce a presser, unless it's a situation where they need to notify the family of any developments first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay