VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
she also has kik..have no idea about that.

kik is a messaging app and some people use it as a pick-up place. My daughter wanted to get it and after reading the reviews I wouldnt allow it. Guys ask 'are you horny' to random girls.

This young girl is playing with fire, and I just hope some other young girls/women will learn something from this case.

Geez. 17 years old. Wayyy to explicit for 17.

If she is safe, I hope she can put a stop to this opening of her entire personal life. And if she is dead, I hope her family will eventually step out and raise awareness for other young ones who are also playing with fire.

Honestly, the more I think about it the more I feel like the family must have known she was doing this. I'm sure at least some older people in her family saw this & I can't believe they would t tell her parents. It's sad but some parents let their children act like that:..idk either way, I feel bad for her and I too hope girls learn from this!

Alexis has everything going for her with her beauty and her volleyball. There is nothing good in exposing herself this way.

I hope, I hope, I hope... for a good resolution.

There's a case of another young girl using social media... and no she was not posting dirtydirty, she was just a little girl who was talking to a stranger who was an adult (she was a child). And then he kidnapped her, chained her and repeatedly raped her and shared the vids.

And that is how they found him and saved her. Today she is an advocate. Some people have extraodinary strength and overcome what happened. Alicia Kozakiewicz survived her 2002 abduction.

It's scary how much info she revealed to complete strangers and I have a feeling her parents knew as well.

Honestly, the more I think about it the more I feel like te family must have known she was doing this. I'm sure at least some older people in her family saw this & I can't believe they would t tell her parents. It's sad but some parents let their children act like that:..idk either way, I feel bad for her and I too hope girls learn from this!

It's scary how much info she revealed to complete strangers and I have a feeling her parents knew as well.

In this day and age with everyone having a smart phone and a Facebook - my mom even has a Facebook and so do most of her sisters. I feel like her parents definitely new, whether they had a Facebook or not is not important - I'm sure her aunts/uncles/cousins had Facebook, twitter, instagram - w/e - and told her parents. Am I wrong for thinking this?!? If I would post an inappropriate picture (and I'm 22) you bet my mother would find out in literally 5 minutes. All I know is if I had a child with a page like that - letting out all her dirty laundry and let men/boys talk to her in such a DEGRADING way and actually responding back to the foolery you better believe that yall would need to call Child Protective Services on me, because it would NOT be nice!!:twocents:

I cant read the social media sites because they are blocked at work but I do know that sooooo many teenage girls act like you guys are describing. Its heartbreaking and sad.

ps- I've been around since the Caley Anthony case but just never posted. I took a break after that because I was too emotionally attached. I'm about an hour from where Alexis' car was found and was in the Lynchburg area on Friday. I am also familiar with Nelson Co.

I cant read the social media sites because they are blocked at work but I do know that sooooo many teenage girls act like you guys are describing. Its heartbreaking and sad.

ps- I've been around since the Caley Anthony case but just never posted. I took a break after that because I was too emotionally attached. I'm about an hour from where Alexis' car was found and was in the Lynchburg area on Friday. I am also familiar with Nelson Co.

So was the theatre that the car was found still up and running? Can't believe that they didn't have cameras there!

That is what aggravates me the most about these cases - it seems like they always, always, always have no cameras! Maybe the perp worked at the movies before and knew they didn't have any cameras and told her to park her car there and meet him at the apartment complex? I just have a feeling that she parked her car there and met up with someone at the apartment complex/club house and from there who knows what happened...but I just don't think it's good. I just hope they find her soon and give her family some answers.

Sidenote: It's kind of weird how this case blew up without hearing a lot from the family.

From the web, it looks like it is up and running..also that the apartment complex is a luxury apartment complex. I am not familiar with that part of Charlottesville though so I might be mistaken.

QUOTE=Nolita;9730439]So was the theatre that the car was found still up and running? Can't believe that they didn't have cameras there!

That is what aggravates me the most about these cases - it seems like they always, always, always have no cameras! Maybe the perp worked at the movies before and knew they didn't have any cameras and told her to park her car there and meet him at the apartment complex? I just have a feeling that she parked her car there and met up with someone at the apartment complex/club house and from there who knows what happened...but I just don't think it's good. I just hope they find her soon and give her family some answers.

Sidenote: It's kind of weird how this case blew up without hearing a lot from the family.[/QUOTE]

This young girl is playing with fire, and I just hope some other young girls/women will learn something from this case.

Geez. 17 years old. Wayyy to explicit for 17.

If she is safe, I hope she can put a stop to this opening of her entire personal life. And if she is dead, I hope her family will eventually step out and raise awareness for other young ones who are also playing with fire.

I have three girls, the youngest is now 19. I have always taken cases like this and made them teaching examples. I sent this girls twitter acct to my 19 yr old, she is at the beach with my parents, and told her about Alexis being missing. But not just missing/abducted but accidents from teens texting...anything I could use as a teaching tool I used.

I am blessed that they are very intelligent, successful young women.

From the web, it looks like it is up and running..also that the apartment complex is a luxury apartment complex. I am not familiar with that part of Charlottesville though so I might be mistaken.
QUOTE]

BBM: Well hopefully they are, and hopefully they have cameras!

I think that has a lot to do with the FBI being involved perhaps. idk

I bet there is some video evidence somewhere though...from local businesses, traffic cameras, etc...something that shows who actually was in that vehicle at around that time.

I'm amazed by all the FBI involvement and hope it leads to a speedy outcome.

QUOTE=Nolita;9730439]So was the theatre that the car was found still up and running? Can't believe that they didn't have cameras there!

Sidenote: It's kind of weird how this case blew up without hearing a lot from the family.[/QUOTE]

what bothers me about this girl, besides being so open with her info, she was on every possible site it seems and she kept up with them all. This is a very scary case for me and if this were my child I would be scared crazy. jmo

Also, I don't have a link handy but the car was said to be parked in a dark, farther away parking spot. Not right out in the front.

Also, I don't have a link handy but the car was said to be parked in a dark, farther away parking spot. Not right out in the front.

but would the dogs pick up her scent if it wasn't her actually in the car? I'm not sure how that works.

but would the dogs pick up her scent if it wasn't her actually in the car? I'm not sure how that works.

It wouldn't pick up her scent outside of the car, no. Unless the dog is wrong. jmo

what bothers me about this girl, besides being so open with her info, she was on every possible site it seems and she kept up with them all. This is a very scary case for me and if this were my child I would be scared crazy. jmo

Its extremely frightening!!
It may have been a way of getting attention for her, who knows.
The problem is, a lot of young people her age are just not equipped to make the right decisions...

I have scanned the pages quickly.
I think i read she was supposed to meet up with some boys?? But never showed up??

Was that to be after her hair appointment?
Because I am confused.

If she was meeting someone why lie to her parents about where she was going?

Its extremely frightening!!
It may have been a way of getting attention for her, who knows.
The problem is, a lot of young people her age are just not equipped to make the right decisions...

I have scanned the pages quickly.
I think i read she was supposed to meet up with some boys?? But never showed up??

Was that to be after her hair appointment?
Because I am confused.

If she was meeting someone why lie to her parents about where she was going?

It wasn't posted in the MSM so we don't know how true that is, but another thing to add to your comment if she wasn't going to "the bourg" why lie about it on fb? Unless she had plans to meet someone where her car was goin an then head to bourg OR she was on her way to bourg but her plans changed when someone called/texted her, OR she could have been going but some pot before she headed up to bourg so shed have some when she went hang out with her friend....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaravpatel