VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the perp drove it to Charlottesville and maybe moved it once or twice, I can buy that. Everyone was focusing on Lynchburg and Lovingston at the start of this. Just randomly thinking here.

It's definitely possible, I would never do it....but then again I'm not a criminal and I don't think like one. Mickey shunick's killer moved her body after "dumping her" the first time (if I recall correctly). So anything is possible.

It is possible someone bumped her car as she waited to get onto 29 and when she pulled to the side of the road he jumped in her car and drove off with her. He got rid of her phone and after doing whatever he dumped her car there behind her gma's and walked to where he left his car. jmo

LE says they know when the car was parked. So, that means they probably know if a male or female parked the car and what direction the person or people went. Also, if there is video, it might show if the person or people got into another vehicle.

But why would the perp park the car there... when he or she would be stranded with no way home?

Anyone notice that since the surveillance pictures were first posted, around, 3:00 PM, they are suddenly blurrier. I could see a lot more definition on my first look. Now the frame inside the store is as blurry as the original outside one. WhyTF would they do that?

Hello. Just catching up. The reason for this ^^ may be that the photos have been copied/pasted numerous times since then, which degrades the resolution of the original photos, resulting in poorer quality (blurrier) photos. And, surveillance pics are pretty grainy to begin with, which doesn't help.

Question: Without the phone, can LE gain access to the actual texts? Also, can they search her DMs on Twitter, Vine, AskFM, and the like? If so, even if they are deleted?

The reason I asked is because, like many have suggested, this could have been planned electronically but just not out in the open. I noticed that many of her communications were 'tragic' emo type things where she seemed to feel trapped where she was. Maybe someone offered to bring her to the 'big city'. Does Charlotteville have an airport? I wonder if they checked Richmond airport feeds.

By the way, I know this is unlikely. Just thinking in ways that may have a good ending.

Charlottesville has an airport.

Question: Without the phone, can LE gain access to the actual texts? Also, can they search her DMs on Twitter, Vine, AskFM, and the like? If so, even if they are deleted?

The reason I asked is because, like many have suggested, this could have been planned electronically but just not out in the open. I noticed that many of her communications were 'tragic' emo type things where she seemed to feel trapped where she was. Maybe someone offered to bring her to the 'big city'. Does Charlotteville have an airport? I wonder if they checked Richmond airport feeds.

By the way, I know this is unlikely. Just thinking in ways that may have a good ending.

And, there was a Ask. fm comment telling AM that if she came to the Villee he/she would get her high for real. Her response was like... I'm already there. That was a recent post.

This comment sticks out. I don't know how fm works...I guess the parties can private message as well? Can you say when this was posted?

Charlottesville has an airport.

Yep. Just found it. Looks to be less than a mile north of where her car was found.

Still think this is reaching though, but thought I'd go with it so we could cross it off the list. With the info we have thus far, nothing that seems plausible leads us towards a favorable outcome.

So honestly, what do you all individually think happened to her at this point and time?

So honestly, what do you all individually think happened to her at this point in time?

Please forgive me if this has already been asked, I may have missed it. Are there any recent ads in local media for "video vixens" in her area? Alexis is a beautiful young lady, with an active twitter etc. following, I'm sure she has no idea of the kind of predators out there, but I do wonder if she could have been flattered/stalked/encouraged into maybe trying out for an urban modelling/video vixen audition and something happened?

Again, if this has been discussed, forgive me, just a thought I had seeing her pictures.

My understanding is that different carriers keep messages for different lengths of time and iirc AT&T doesn't keep them at all. I remember that they were trying to make it mandatory for all carriers to keep them for a certain length of time for LE reasons but not sure of that outcome.

So honestly, what do you all individually think happened to her at this point in time?

I really want to believe she is alive and has done a runner and is safe. (She mentioned in a few recent tweets her mother was annoying her, but what adolescent doesn't have these thoughts?).

However, my head says she has been abducted, raped and murdered. :(

And I can't get Cheatham out of the equation in my head. The car (Silver Hyundai) he was in (his wifes) still hasn't been found and neither has he.

Agreed, way too risky.

It'd be too risky for me, too, but it seems like many criminals, stalkers, and killers don't view risk the same way. In fact, for some of them, the risk is part of the thrill.

I'm not ruling out that someone was in the car with her at the Liberty. Police would not comment on that, and it makes me wonder if they didn't see someone but couldn't make them out.

I just 'Google streetview drove' from the Liberty up to the place where police searched for her phone. A couple things stood out:

1. The Liberty is up on a hill. From the light and from the road it is perched pretty high up. It is doubtful that any cameras from the Liberty/McDonalds would have been able to capture which way she turned from the light.

2. There are virtually no other places in that few mile stretch that could have captured her car going northbound. There are a couple of businesses, but they don't look like the kinds of places that would have cameras pointing towards the highway.

3. I didn't go southbound, so I don't know if there are cameras on that route that would have caught her going that way and then turning back around for some reason.

Every time I start to say what I think happened, I change my mind and start to write something else. The possibilities are just endless right now.

Cops to Congress: We need logs of Americans' text messages

State and local law enforcement groups want wireless providers to store detailed information about your SMS messages for at least two years -- in case they're needed for future criminal investigations.

AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, and other wireless providers would be required to record and store information about Americans' private text messages for at least two years, according to a proposal that police have submitted to the U.S. Congress.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-5...ress-we-need-logs-of-americans-text-messages/

I doubt she just took off. Sounds like she had a lot of things going on. Even if she disagreed with her mom or whatever, teens value their activities and friends and routines too much, IMO. And they don't like discomfort, if they are used to comfort. I think the worst has probably happened, either by her meeting up with someone on purpose, or a totally random event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaravpatel