VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also,

I'm not sure if I can post this information here so i'm not going to. Instead, If you want to investigate some more than I will tell you and you can go look it up. So remember when I said when does the FBI get involved and they said because of family reasons.. So I looked up "Murphy" on the VA court information system under Nelson county-Few things popped up, but I don't know her family and if they could even be related to her (Not that Nelson Co is that big but its possible that the people on here could not be relatives) Also, looked up the uncles name on there.. Nothing to bad, just saying. I think i seen on her twitter that she is related to Martins too. But anyhow you can just google va court system info, the county name, and the last name and first if you know it. I just looked up to see if any "murphys" had any type of protection order placed against them.

Did you look up Charlottesville, too? I see a couple questionable charges for people with the same last name in that database -- BUT I have no way to know if they're related.

I'm still stuck on the missing hour. If she left her home around 6:00, why didn't she get to the Liberty station until 7:15? Did she live in an area that takes an hour to get to the main road?

Just a thought maybe the reason it was said the FBI got involved due to family was because the had a family member working for one of the agencies and alerted them to it. FBI gets involved when they are alerted, a lot of times it doesn't get to them fast enough but with an inside connection it might have made them move faster. The news are reporting erratically so I would stick with the known facts. Speculation and assumptions can cloud vision but staying to facts can help piece it together quicker. JMO.

I'm still stuck on the missing hour. If she left her home around 6:00, why didn't she get to the Liberty station until 7:15? Did she live in an area that takes an hour to get to the main road?

Her last tweet was at 6:40 pm per her twitter which is RealFolarin, Shipman is about 8-10 minutes from Liberty gas station. One could assume she probably left a little after her last tweet and then was at the gas station at that time stated. IMO

Her last tweet was at 6:40 pm per her twitter which is RealFolarin, Shipman is about 8-10 minutes from Liberty gas station. One could assume she probably left a little after her last tweet and then was at the gas station at that time stated. IMO
Mapquest shows 5 minutes, but I am not aware of her actual street address, so it could be easily be longer to get there. Or one could assume she left home at 6:00 and did something else for 40 minutes before tweeting, then going to the gas station...and that still leaves a half hour from the last tweet to the gas station.

Unless her parents really have no idea what time they last saw her at home or media has messed up that time too, there is still nearly an hour to be accounted for in one way or another, and I am curious about it.

No. She was about 10 miles from the gas station.

I have to agree with those posting about the bad cell reception in this area. Last spring I drove from Northern VA to Greensboro NC for a funeral. It was a sudden trip and I was in the middle of PTO stuff at home I had to deal with, and I was helping a neighbor write a class placement request letter. I stopped at Liberty to get gas- all along this part of Rt 29 I kept dropping calls, and it drove me nuts. I remember the one mom I was talking to just kept calling back every time the calls dropped and I finally told her I was in the middle of nowhere and I would call her back when I was closer to Lynchburg. If it had not been for the PTO stuff I never would have been on the phone in that area, but to say reception sucks is really being nice (I have Verizon)

Mapquest shows 5 minutes, but I am not aware of her actual street address, so it could be easily be longer to get there. Or one could assume she left home at 6:00 and did something else for 40 minutes before tweeting, then going to the gas station...and that still leaves a half hour from the last tweet to the gas station.

Unless her parents really have no idea what time they last saw her at home or media has messed up that time too, there is still nearly an hour to be accounted for in one way or another, and I am curious about it.

I, too, have been inquiring about the time frame. Try this: She tweets or texts at 6:04p that she is "Burg bound." The video time at Liberty is 7:15p. Does it not seem odd that it is almost exactly an hour later than one might expect her to be there? How is the time stamp on a video feed determined? Is it set by the owner? I must assume that authorities would not overlook something so simple as verifying that the recording equipment is registering actual time.

If they didn't see Alexis park the car, and last known video is from the gas station, who had the car last?

Has that been stated yet? (It's driving me crazy!)

I, too, have been inquiring about the time frame. Try this: She tweets or texts at 6:04p that she is "Burg bound." The video time at Liberty is 7:15p. Does it not seem odd that it is almost exactly an hour later than one might expect her to be there? How is the time stamp on a video feed determined? Is it set by the owner? I must assume that authorities would not overlook something so simple as verifying that the recording equipment is registering actual time.

If you go to her twitter at RealFolarin and on her last tweet hit expand which again was at 6:40pm you can see she was conversing with other people in response to their comments. Now unless she tweets and drive I would think this would mean she would have left her house a little after her last tweet which again per her twitter was at 6 :40 pm, she texted "Burg Bound" and then I assume she was getting ready because her last tweet was her saying that she looked cute right now. One could assume she meant she was done getting ready and then maybe said goodbye to her family, or ate, or did something and then left her home. Twitter shows a trail of her tweets up until 6:40 pm.

OT maybe, but it is kind of wild that even with such heavy FBI involvement so early, she cannot be found.

Okay wow, just went through her twitter and saw a ton of recent references to weed. Perhaps a drug deal gone bad?

Also, this tweet:

Alexis Murphy. ‏@RealFolarin_ 2 Aug
someone else is appreciating what you used to have. ✌

.... possible problems w/ someone's gf?

I wonder if anyone looked at her friend Deborah... she seemed to know by 10p the night Alexis went missing that she went missing but had tweeted a couple days before that she missed Alexis and wanted to see her soon...

If you go to her twitter at RealFolarin and on her last tweet hit expand which again was at 6:40pm you can see she was conversing with other people in response to their comments. Now unless she tweets and drive I would think this would mean she would have left her house a little after her last tweet which again per her twitter was at 6 :40 pm, she texted "Burg Bound" and then I assume she was getting ready because her last tweet was her saying that she looked cute right now. One could assume she meant she was done getting ready and then maybe said goodbye to her family, or ate, or did something and then left her home. Twitter shows a trail of her tweets up until 6:40 pm.

Not being a twitter person, I am confused. When I go to her twitter account, as before, I can hit expand for any tweet. When I do so, it shows the "burg boung" tweet at 3:04p (and the last tweet, "I actually look cute right now," at 3:40p). Everyone keeps saying it is reported wrong and should be 6:04p. Some are saying 6:40p. Can someone who understands twitter better than I please explain this? Is twitter on West Coast time?

There was something on the national news last evening showing how people were having things stolen out of their cars while they were busy pumping their gas or going inside to pay for it. They even had a guy reach in and grab a purse to show just how easy it can be done. My thoughts immediately turned to the video of Alexis walking into the Liberty gas station. Made me wonder if someone could have gotten in the back seat lf her car and forced her to drive away after she got back in. Hopefully the Liberty would have also had cameras to show the cars at the pumps too.

I have followed a few cases on WS and one thing that seems to happen is a child/teen will go missing about a week or two before school starts. This sort of makes me think (at least in a couple of cases) the perp may have been afraid the child/teen would go to school and confide in someone in the school about something going on outside of school that the perp would not want told. I am being vague, I know, and no I cannot name any exact cases off the top of my head, but I do believe it has occurred a lot that a child will go missing right before school is to begin. All, of course, my own crazy opinion.

I just want to clarify that only one story I read said that no one heard from her after the 6:40 PM tweet. That seemed to have been a general statement in the article. By no means does it absolutely mean that she did not contact anyone. By now, LE probably knows about All communications from her phone and any PMs on any of her many accounts.

Don't they need the actually phone for that? They have not recovered the phone yet it seems.

If they didn't see Alexis park the car, and last known video is from the gas station, who had the car last?

Has that been stated yet? (It's driving me crazy!)

Thinking about this.... I am guessing the scent leading away from her car is not hers. The last they have seen of her, that we know of, is at the gas station and her phone last pinged at the loop. In the news article the FBI stated her phone battery either died or the phone was destroyed... I thought that was strange. I guess her phone can be tracked if it is just turned off?

Which is completely possible, maybe MSM got the time her family last saw her wrong, or they really don't know when she left. But it still does not account for the missing half hour from 6:40 to 7:15. Since she appears to be a crazy tweeter, and didn't tweet after 6:40, you would have to assume she was driving at that point. I can't see eating stopping her from tweeting.

Which brings to mind, are there any fast food places she might have stopped at for a bite? That could explain the missing time.

BTW, I could see a person who tweeted like she appeared to, tweeting at stop lights in the car. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopE