VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they confirmed age of suspect yet? I'm more inclined to think it is the young lad from facebooks father that is the perp here.

He has previously been a POI in a homicide and has said in the past that police are trying to frame him with planting of evidence etc etc.

Samantha Clarke, who was last seen in September 2010 was the case.

OMG how did I not remember this connection. Was just reading about it yesterday. Do we know that RT Sr is the same RT? Samantha's story is so sad.

Edit to make the further point if he was already being investigated for one murder, it might explain why the FBI was involved so quickly

Yeah he doesnt look redneck to me either. Knowing this area I'm actually surprised he would be called redneck.....there are certainly more redneck people then him.

I just dont think he looks like a killer. I know, I know....what does a killer look like.

He looks like a complete redneck to me (city girl) but it doesn't really matter.

What is interesting is that the father was a POI in a case in 2010? Weird!

Prayers for Alexis. Sadly, I don't think this one is going to have a happy ending. :(

So glad they caught the SOB that made her go missing though. Well done LE.

Have they confirmed age of suspect yet? I'm more inclined to think it is the young lad from facebooks father that is the perp here.

He has previously been a POI in a homicide and has said in the past that police are trying to frame him with planting of evidence etc etc.

Samantha Clarke, who was last seen in September 2010 was the case.

Wait..... RT's father is RAT? This one:

"47-year-old RAT claims police have singled him out as a suspect in Samantha's disappearance, and have harassed him by planting evidence and illegally tracking his whereabouts with GPS technology..."

http://www.readthehook.com/108360/l...amily-mourns-suspect-claims-police-harassment

Holy &#%£!

Sorry I just cannot trust the @bedfordinformer as a news source. When I try to even find the news page itself it isn't there. It also says on the twitter it won't show up till 2014? I think I will just wait till tomorrow when the major news sources reveal it. Old fashioned but how are they getting their information?

I've removed all Facebook references and links to the young RT, until we can CONFIRM if it is him, and not someone else with the same name. I can put them back if it is this young man, but until we know, we shouldn't take that chance.

I'm really wondering whether father or son was arrested now....

My money's on dad at this point.

But wow.

Maybe this will lead to finding both Alexis & Samantha.

Wow. That sounds entirely possible. Pray not though.

The fbi was calling him a redneck? Even if its true that not exactly professional! He looks more country- to me. Not being racist etc at all, but normally true"rednecks" are not interested in other races but there own. Weird they would say that? Or was that just the bedford twitter.

None of that matters though...very, very worried about what has happened to poor Alexis *praying*

behind closed doors with no one knowing it a whole different story with rednecks... from going to school with some, i was shocked.. I am mixed race and went to school in Rustburg,VA

He looks like a complete redneck to me (city girl) but it doesn't really matter.

What is interesting is that the father was a POI in a case in 2010? Weird!

I agree that I get a rednecky vibe. But as I said before, times change, there are definitely kids in my town who dress like rappers but talk and act like rednecks/white trash. (Just to be clear: I would never use either term in polite company and I think it's very unprofessional that MSM did.)

Did MSM release the age of the perp when they arrested? I could have easily missed it, in fact haven't checked but one MSM link and that was earlier.

We need more than a common name, kwim?

Interesting article. Father served time in jail in the 1990's and then this too (from article):
Taylor, however, says police too quickly zeroed in on him as a possible culprit, ignored his explanations, and then harassed him to the point that he's lost his job, his home, and even the custody of his son. A court recently agreed that police violated his rights in their surveillance tactics.

I think we ought to be a little more careful about trashing this kid until we know for sure whether it's him or his father. Because if it's the kid, he's probably just lost a close friend *and* a parent, and he needs sympathy, not derision.

Holy cow. Just thought of something: Morgan Harrington.

I'm betting its dad too, so he has a connection with the missing teenager Samantha Clarke?

Interesting article. Father served time in jail in the 1990's and then this too (from article):
Taylor, however, says police too quickly zeroed in on him as a possible culprit, ignored his explanations, and then harassed him to the point that he's lost his job, his home, and even the custody of his son. A court recently agreed that police violated his rights in their surveillance tactics.

Is "recently" relative to the article's date (Oct 2012)?

Just wondering if a year or so went by, he got LE off his back, and then...

A missing girl named Lauren Smith is mentioned in Samantha Clarke's thread, as well as Morgan.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9735017"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - VA VA - Samantha Ann Clarke, 19, Orange, 13 Sept 2010[/ame]

The sketch of the suspect in Morgan's case has always looked to me like he's black or biracial and RT is white:

"The victim in that case survived after her assailant was likely startled by a passerby; the composite sketch produced from her description of an average sized African American male, aged 25-35...."

BUT

"Because eye-witness accounts–- particularly from traumatized witnesses–- are notoriously unreliable, police have been cautious in confirming the suspect's race."

(from http://www.readthehook.com/88650/hes-still-here-and-other-revelations-harrington-case)

So I guess that BUT is very important....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee