VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what the heck the Bedford Informer is supposed to be, but they can't even be bothered to register "bedfordinformer.com" and they appear to have no presence except social media.

It could be the act of one person...like "informer." A pet project of types, a Gossip Girl.

WCAV CBS19 ‏@CBS19 20m
CBS19 News at 11 starts a little late tonight, 11:08. We'll have the latest on the arrest in the #AlexisMurphy case

I don't know what the heck the Bedford Informer is supposed to be, but they can't even be bothered to register "bedfordinformer.com" and they appear to have no presence except social media.

But it doesn't matter as they appear to be timely, unafraid and probably quite accurate.

Praying for the family of AM......

could also be RT Sr. if police were quick to zero in on him again. they might be anxious to nail him for SOMETHING if they weren't able to before (Samantha's case). very interested to see how this plays out!

i'm interested to see if any talk comes out about which R drives the camo suburban...

eta.. it seems like RT Jr would have a pic of the suburban if it was his. thats just something dudes do. lol JMO

I just watched it on ABC 13 News WSET out of Lynchburg.. Parker Slaybaugh said got the information 60 seconds beforehand... that the person arrested was RT... Its not up yet on their website or their FB, but I have it on my DVR!!!! now how do it link that on here... lol

I'm definitely confused by the BedfordInformer twitter account. Are they trying to scoop the media or are they just throwing out names? Either way, slippery slope for a Twitter feed.

The suspect in Morgan Harrington's murder linked to the 2005 rape of another woman was identified by the victim as a Black male.

Charlottesville LE has consistently refused to confirm the race aspect.

Here's the deal guys. Most MSM is saying that LE has NOT released his name. Bedford Informer is the ONLY one. (And I'm not even sure how MSM they really are.) That being said...I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm just saying, we need to be careful here, just in case. Please refrain from using this guys name. You CAN use initials. Absolutely do NOT link to the younger RT's Facebook or anything else. Even if a name is confirmed, we don't know if it's him or his father.

It appears as though confirmation may be trickling in via other MSM. Until that time, please abide by the above.

I just watched it on ABC 13 News WSET out of Lynchburg.. Parker Slaybaugh said got the information 60 seconds beforehand... that the person arrested was RT... Its not up yet on their website or their FB, but I have it on my DVR!!!! now how do it link that on here... lol

Thank you...it is jr or sr?

I'm not sure this is the same RT. The pic in the article doesn't match the elder RT FB pic. The tattoo on the neck. Are we sure this is the same guy?

The father and the son have the same eyes (they droop down), imo.

But it doesn't matter as they appear to be timely, unafraid and probably quite accurate.

Praying for the family of AM......
Any media (I should say) out of Bedford is probably (I should say) backed by Falwell money and probably well connected.

The sketch of the suspect in Morgan's case has always looked to me like he's black or biracial and RT is white:

"The victim in that case survived after her assailant was likely startled by a passerby; the composite sketch produced from her description of an average sized African American male, aged 25-35...."

BUT

"Because eye-witness accounts–- particularly from traumatized witnesses–- are notoriously unreliable, police have been cautious in confirming the suspect's race."

(from http://www.readthehook.com/88650/hes-still-here-and-other-revelations-harrington-case)

So I guess that BUT is very important....

Bumping my own post about LE being cautious about confirming the race of the suspect in Morgan's murder & the 2005 rape in Fairfax County.

Well, we'll find out soon enough if he is connected to Morgan. No need to get sidetracked I suppose. Sorry I brought it up.

I believe LE/FBI had this suspect in their radar for a while, hence their being present on that strip of road for quite a few days.
But I can see how this would lead to a "sensitivity" in the case in some ways.

It's kind of complicated, iykwim......

....and crazy, and sad, and almost hard to believe, etc., etc.,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members