VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On RT Sr's FB he has a pic of RT Jr at his graduation. A pic or his diploma with full name. Same first and last name as being reported. Middle initial is C. So RCT if this is the son.

It is likely that Alexis' family is aware of the probably outcome of this search. Many, many prayers going out to all her family and friends tonight.

I can not seem to find RT's facebook or AM's. Why is this? <modsnip>

Bedford News &#8207;@BedfordInformer 3m
Arrested suspect between 48-55 years old, reports of high school age are invalid #FindAlexisMurphy

I linked her a few pages ago, although admittedly the WS forum-hamsters are being cranky tonight (at least for me).

Last seen at a 7-11. Purportedly dropped off to clean a residence or business shortly after. If it's him, he could have followed her from the store. The MO with Alexis would also be similar.

I have been following this case rigorously, using websleuths and SM for the past week, finding myself repeatedly inclined to post. I live very close to the area, so this is especially eerie to me. The Liberty is somewhere I have been numerous times when heading towards Cville, and I have several friends in the Nelson area.

Having previously lived in Bedford for 17 years, I wanted to add that the Bedford Bulletin, has been around for as long as I remember. They print a weekly paper, several of them which I recall sitting around the house as a child. It could be that the Bulletin has a source, credible, that is tipping information specifically to them. WSET has now chimed in, as have other sources, though almost an hour behind the informer account.

It sounds like the Bedford Informer probably defied LE in order to get the scoop (they don't seem hugely professional to me, what with using the term "redneck"), and a few other media outlets are following suit just to keep a hand in the game...but all of them are keeping their fingers crossed behind their backs by not giving any more info such as age.

It could be that the Bedford Informer is taking advantage of the way news is delivered nowadays. It's all about blogging, it's internet, it's social media. And in that regard, a lot can get deleted by the source, really.
Gone are the days of hardcopy print, sad to say. But the thing about hardcopy print is that the info is there and stays so it better be right. It's tangible.

We are in a very rapidly changing world of communication and I don't expect it to slow down anytime soon.

That being said, you can't beat a good ole' fashioned reporter, imho.

I feel like LE (including the FBI) has had this guy in their sights for the disappearance of Samantha Clarke (and maybe for the disappearance of Lauren Smith and maybe others). They knew he was local to the area, so they got involved quickly & took it seriously right away when Alexis went missing.

They're naming names here http://www.wset.com/

Well.. The way I see it... No matter if LE wants to release the name or not... It has been released...

They might wish to release a pic... Or else the RT connected with Samantha might be getting a lot of unwanted action at their home... Whether or not it is the RT connected to AM...

Vandalism... Etc.... From locals who believe he is heavily connected to Samantha's disappearance....

KWIM?

JMO

On RT Sr's FB he has a pic of RT Jr at his graduation. A pic or his diploma with full name. Same first and last name as being reported. Middle initial is C. So RCT if this is the son.

Do you have a link to that FB?

Bedford News &#8207;@BedfordInformer 3m
Arrested suspect between 48-55 years old, reports of high school age are invalid #FindAlexisMurphy

Wow! And could it be that the father had access to the son's FB account and kept an eye (or even communicated) with AM via the friendship-link to her that the son had?

Can you say creepy?

It could be that the Bedford Informer is taking advantage of the way news is delivered nowadays. It's all about blogging, it's internet, it's social media. And in that regard, a lot can get deleted by the source, really.
Gone are the days of hardcopy print, sad to say. But the thing about hardcopy print is that the info is there and stays so it better be right. It's tangible.

We are in a very rapidly changing world of communication and I don't expect it to slow down anytime soon.

That being said, you can't beat a good ole' fashioned reporter, imho.

Preaching to the choir--I worked at a real live Pulitzer-winning print newspaper for years. I cried when I read, a few years ago, that their presses had been shut down, farmed out to another paper in the next town. I worked (among other roles) in the research library as a copy editor. So I come by my disdain for news via twitter honestly, at least. :) And I sure don't call it journalism.

Considering the fact that the Alexis' car was found in C'ville -- very far from where either of the 2 RTs (father/son) live, it still takes us back to the thought that whoever did this had to have help. Otherwise, how would he have been able to get back home to the area where we believe he lives? Way too far to walk.

One possible theory -- son was the one walking down the highway with AM. Dad wasn't pleased if, indeed, he is a camo suburban drivin' redneck (I think Bedford was the only one to broadcast both of those things) that son was seeing a black girl. Maybe was going to 'show her' that he was not one to be messed with. Grabbed her and killed her and then, possibly to teach son a lesson, made him help him to move the car, etc. Would explain a lot.

Just thoughts. I'm sure glad that the FBI was in on this one from the get go. I am from a small, rural area and we had our local police force bungle the one and only murder we had that by the time the FBI arrived on the scene, the crime scene was so compromised that they'll never catch the killer.

I think we are jumping to conclusions about the person arrested being the same as the person of interest in the Clarke case. One person stated it then many ran with the info.

It's too common of a name to go there yet unless we get more info. Also, the RT in the Clarke case lived no where near Nelson County according to The Hook article linked.

JMO

Longtime reader, rare poster

I'm not familar with the area, so I assumed Orange & Nelson were close to each other (which is apparently incorrect).

Am I understanding correctly (from my google research), that they're about an hour & 15 minutes driving distance from each other and Charlottesville is in the middle of Orange & Nelson?

It's important to remember, that one article mentioned the FBI having 'suspected' this person from the beginning; hence, the connection to the Clark case could be relevant. This is JMO, but I don't think it should be overlooked. They have withheld lots of information from the Media and public for what I believe to be good reason. I'll just say that my gut isn't telling me JR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18