VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish there weren't so many damn RT's. It's too late for this!

So if it's not the father, why are they searching property that appears to be associated with the father? (I'm trying to phrase this obliquely so as not to drag him in if indeed he's not involved.)

Are we sure that's the property of the father, or is it the property of neck tat cat? If the father, then it's a whole new ballgame.

BlueRidgeLife ‏@BlueRidgeLife 42m
Thus far FBI in Richmond will not confirm report put out by TV media outlet naming person arrested in #AlexisMurphy case.

If you read jellybeanz post above, it states that the kid's dad apparently posted something to FB like 4 hours ago. Unless he can post while in custody, I doubt it's him.

Well, we're just all speculating and throwing around theories here until the FBI makes an announcement.

Then we'll see what the connections are and what isn't.

Are we sure that's the property of the father, or is it the property of neck tat cat? If the father, then it's a whole new ballgame.
I can say with certainty that this property is not listed as being owned by anyone with the initials RT. Logic dictates that whomever lives there is most likely a renter.

Even if they are not the same as the person who was suspected in a different case, isn't it possible in this case that since this son was FB friends with AM, that the father could view, maybe access (if he knew the password), and maybe even pretend to comment under his son's name?

Right?
Yes, but that is the same the world over and is IMO irrelevant to this case. The son having AM as a FB friend is highly possible and genuine, given they live in the same county and are of similar age.
Those two people (the father and son named RT) have absolutely nothing to do with this case.

So if it's not the father, why are they searching property that appears to be associated with the father? (I'm trying to phrase this obliquely so as not to drag him in if indeed he's not involved.)
What father? You don't mean Alexis's father?

The guy arrested tonight lives at that property. We do not know who lives on the property with him. We do not know if he has a web presence. We do not know if he is a father.
IMO I think he will have a web presence, but will have kept himself pretty anonymous. Given his age, it is also my opinion that he could well be a father.

Are they searching a property associated with RT JR and Sr?

When we looked at the property that is across the street from the car dealer which looks like where LE was searching, that home is not associated with an RT (not that I could found anyway). I came up with two names of people who have SM associated Staunton and have been tweeting away all day oblivious to what is going on in Lovingston. Could be I have it all wrong, but my suspicion is that someone is renting that place.

And I am guessing that that someone has the initials RAT and needed to rent a place because he lost his job and has a history of living on or just off Rt 29.

I know, a billion ifs and sloppy sleuthing, but it is my working theory. :)

Seems really weird that there could be 2 Rt29 serial killers though.

Well, we're just all speculating and throwing around theories here until the FBI makes an announcement.

Then we'll see what the connections are and what isn't.

Gotcha. Man, this is confusing. A little confirmation would go a long way. :)

I can say with certainty that this property is not listed as being owned by anyone with the initials RT. Logic dictates that whomever lives there is most likely a renter.

Somebody upthread posted earlier that it was. I just realized that post has been deleted, so I have deleted my question too. Maybe I'll ask it again tomorrow if it's still relevant.

Oh boy. I think Ima hang back a bit and see what develops.

Good job, FBI. I pray Alexis gets to go home soon.

Yes, but that is the same the world over and is IMO irrelevant to this case. The son having AM as a FB friend is highly possible and genuine, given they live in the same county and are of similar age.
Those two people (the father and son named RT) have absolutely nothing to do with this case.

The guy arrested tonight lives at that property. We do not know who lives on the property with him. We do not know if he has a web presence. We do not know if he is a father.
IMO I think he will have a web presence, but will have kept himself pretty anonymous. Given his age, it is also my opinion that he could well be a father.

In a news article about the case that RAT is a suspect in be states that he had an 8 year old son at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I most certainly do not mean Alexis's father. But I think I may have mixed up my rats and my re-tweets.

I just have a gut feeling that it is neck tat cat. I suspect that this is the reason the FBI were on it from the get go. Similar MO as Samantha Clarke. She was last seen at a 7-11.

I agree that it's the creepy neck tat guy! He just moved to Lovingston from Orange and rents that place off Rt. 29. Just thinking right now.

I just have a gut feeling that it is neck tat cat. I suspect that this is the reason the FBI were on it from the get go. Similar MO as Samantha Clarke. She was last seen at a 7-11.

My bad. That's not Samantha but another girl from Culpeper whose name escapes me at the moment.

Folks, we might just have a serial killer here. Good thing he is off the streets.

EDIT: Her name is Lauren Susann Smith - not far from Orange. Went missing 11/11

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155559"]VA VA - Lauren Susann Smith, 22, Madison County, 21 Nov 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I have to agree. All speculation points to this as of right now. We can only wait for something official now.

Another thing. LE are surely aggressively interrogating the suspect in custody. I can only imagine that they are presenting concrete evidence to this person, pressing them for information, and hoping to identify her whereabouts. The main thing that's disconcerting to me, is the fact that they've been searching the same wooded area around Eades after an arrest has been made. A scent was again pursued here. Regardless of a confession, an arrest assumes they have evidence, circumstantial or not.

I agree that it's the creepy neck tat guy! He just moved to Lovingston from Orange and rents that place off Rt. 29.

Unbelievable. He just moved? Holy shiznit. What a toolbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member