VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as long as opiate withdrawal doesn't risk his life, I'm good with him having the DTs...

I want this dude ALIVE for some ANSWERS.

I've never been to jail and I'm not an addict (call me boring :floorlaugh:), so I'm not sure, but I would think that they would have to treat him medically for any withdrawal. Obviously withdrawal can be serious, and it's a medical condition, which the jail would have to tend to.

I'm thinking he'll be just fine. He'll have to suffer through some reallllly painful wd and come out of it stone-cold sober to face his fate. Yesss!!!

(this is imo and only IF he is an addict, which we obviously don't know at this point)

Just as long as opiate withdrawal doesn't risk his life, I'm good with him having the DTs...

I want this dude ALIVE for some ANSWERS.

you can't die from opiate withdrawal (benzo's and alcohol you can) but you sure as hell WANT to die. It takes 4-12 hours to feel it and by 24 hours you're ready to crawl out of your skin.

The most they'll give him is MAYBE imodium and naproxen. maybe. Jails do not treat this unless they are a narcotics facility (few are). Lots of people go through opiate withdrawl in jail. Cold turkey is the worst but you don't die from it. You just wish you could (so you could sleep!).

Nah, typical white trash redneck tattoo IMO. :floorlaugh:

LOL I did not want to speculate on that....

Up here, our equivalent to rednecks seem to all sport some version of the snake entwined on a dagger/skull/topless woman tat... :help:

Whitney Harris ‏@whitney__harris @NBC29
A neighbor says she hopes they find Alexis alive but it doesn't look good bc police are searching with shovels and rakes. #findalexismurphy

He made such a fuss being a suspect in SC's case, no way he will confess, IMO. He played all indignant and persecuted.

I would tend to agree with you but sometimes jail cracks people. It's easy to profess your innocence when you're free. Once incarcerated, facing serious consequences and time, maybe he'll give in.

Or maybe I'm just way too 'half-glass-full' right now. :scared:

LOL I did not want to speculate on that....

Up here, our equivalent to rednecks seem to all sport some version of the snake entwined on a dagger/skull/topless woman tat... :help:

Here too. Along with wolves howling at the moon, covering an entire back. Or dragons and roses and topless women. Pretty.

you can't die from opiate withdrawal (benzo's and alcohol you can) but you sure as hell WANT to die. It takes 4-12 hours to feel it and by 24 hours you're ready to crawl out of your skin.

The most they'll give him is MAYBE imodium and naproxen. maybe. Jails do not treat this unless they are a narcotics facility (few are). Lots of people go through opiate withdrawl in jail. Cold turkey is the worst but you don't die from it. You just wish you could (so you could sleep!).

Opiate withdrawal alone, correct.

He made such a fuss being a suspect in SC's case, no way he will confess, IMO. He played all indignant and persecuted.

Typical character of a person with anti social disorder and narcissism which is common among serial killers.

I would tend to agree with you but sometimes jail cracks people. It's easy to profess your innocence when you're free. Once incarcerated, facing serious consequences and time, maybe he'll give in.

Or maybe I'm just way too 'half-glass-full' right now. :scared:

Yes, outside of prison he gets to talk to the media, proclaim how he is being harassed (and you know, maybe he was - the deal with the GPS sounds shifty), put on a big show.

In jail, all alone, with no one listening except other criminals, it's a whole different ball game.

I hope. I hope. :please:

Thanks for that info. I figured if it could be fatal, they'd HAVE to treat him in some way. But if it's not, they'll make him suffer. Not like they're going to order Suboxone or anything so he can be comfortable. Which is good!

Maybe they're using rakes and shovels to find an underground bunker he could have full of Rt 29 stalker victims -- still alive!!!

Trying to be optimistic here but maybe the shovels and rakes are for others he's been questioned about in the past?

Such a pretty girl.

alexis-murphy-2.jpg

Whitney Harris ‏@whitney__harris @NBC29
A neighbor says she hopes they find Alexis alive but it doesn't look good bc police are searching with shovels and rakes. #findalexismurphy

Yeah, that's not a good sign. :(

Great sleuthing guys, it really does seem he could be a prime suspect for many other cases. The five years in jail matches so perfectly with the timeline where disappearances stopped then recommenced. I hope answers come for Alexis and other cases, and I am thankful that if he is indeed a serial killer that no more lives will be lost. Praying for a miracle for Alexis.

Maybe they're using rakes and shovels to find an underground bunker he could have full of Rt 29 stalker victims -- still alive!!!

Hey, we can at least hope, right? I mean, the miracle of finding Hannah in that needle in a haystack, whoda thunk it?? But it happened!!

I'm holding out hope for another miracle. Just because I'm sick of bad news all the time. So there! Hmph!!!

Do we have any word that it's his property being searched? It sounded like they had gone to two residencies at one point. I may be mixed up here. They seem to suspect she's been buried and are looking for remains, IMO. The chances of her being found alive, in the woods, are slim to none.

This is awful.

EDIT: I'm not being insensitive just trying to be realistic. Anything can happen though.

I'm assuming someone tipped LE to the possible Route 29 connection, right? I am no sleuth by any stretch of the imagination but a lot of you are and that seems like it could be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025