VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry but I have to respectfully disagree, I don't see Alexis Murphy as the kind of person who would follow a strange man willingly. Wouldn't she have called her Dad first? I know that when I was her age and my car had trouble I called my Dad and just waited. Again JMO.

I know my 17 year old self would not have been so trusting, and I was very much like Alexis at 17 - putting on a certain public persona to my peers (although SM was a long way off!) while being very shy with adults. I would not have followed some older man even if he did tell me something was wrong with my car. I'd have found a safe, public place to go and have it checked (since we did not have cell phones back in the ancient ages).

I wonder if LE got his DNA when they were after him for Samantha's disappearance...seems like they could have gotten hold of it in some way. I have seen in shows where they take DNA from a coffee cup, i.e and run it, so I don't think they have to have a warrant. Not sure.

But the truth is people are that naive. Even the grad student was, so we just don't know.

I agree with everyone who says she had enough street smarts to not willingly follow that creep. Though many mentioned possible scenarios are great ones.

I read here that her car was found near relatives apartment, correct? What if he pulled into the gas station, told her he saw something wrong with the car and she then states something to the affect ...ok, well my Grandma (was it Grandma?) lives up in the apartments by blah blah so I will just go there, thanks...then leaves, he follows quietly knowing she is going to take the car there... ? It is just so hard to say...could be a million difference scenarios...hopefully her family has answers soon.

This RAT guy is a suspect in the Harrington case?

I do not believe he is. They have DNA in the Harrington case so it would be easy to connect the two. I'm sure someone has thought about it but I'm not sure if he matches the profile. I'm more inclined to believe he is connected to some of the other RT 29 cases.

I read here that her car was found near relatives apartment, correct? What if he pulled into the gas station, told her he saw something wrong with the car and she then states something to the affect ...ok, well my Grandma (was it Grandma?) lives up in the apartments by blah blah so I will just go there, thanks...then leaves, he follows quietly knowing she is going to take the car there... ? It is just so hard to say...could be a million difference scenarios...hopefully her family has answers soon.

I'd think that a more likely scenario, but then there is the issue of the last ping on her cell phone being in Lovingston. I don't think she ever made it to C'ville myself.

I'd think that a more likely scenario, but then there is the issue of the last ping on her cell phone being in Lovingston. I don't think she ever made it to C'ville myself.

Maybe he nabbed her at the car and brought her back to his place...or at least the phone back to his place?... so hard.

The one news article said he was seen walking up and down the highway by a neighbor. Could he have been casing the highway to see where he could toss stuff at? Also, the RT.29 stalker was said to have tossed stuff out at various places on the roads.

Does anyone know how long he lived in Lovingston, VA?

absolutely 29 is in his awareness space. This an article from the Jessica Ridgeway case but it can apply here too.

snip:

http://www.boulderweekly.com/articl...ss-lsawareness-spacers-may-lead-to-clues.html

I tend to think :twocents:

1) he was the guy seen talking to her at the pump (bet he said: hey your car had a spark coming out when you drove up.. I work on cars and I live right up the way so if we go there I can fix it really quick for you)

2) her car seen exiting that area (the loop) in a strange way: this was most likely him doing a u-turn to head into C-ville to dump her car and items along the way

3) where her car was found is also near where he used to live and inside of his awareness space per se yet on the outside of it as to where he currently lives but along the corridors of where he currently lives and areas he knows.

4) I fully think she intended to go where she planned to go that day but he lured her to his location and I well think he could have used the "you are having car trouble" ploy to get her to follow him. Why else would she drive away in the other direction and he follows her?

:twocents::twocents::twocents:

I Completely Agree with the entire post!

I spent 4 or 5 hours going through all the adjacent counties in the Shenandoah Valley. I tried neighboring counties/cities/towns outside of the valley and it's neighboring mountainous counties...The 35-40 arrests or violations I found were all in that comfort zone...

I found NOTHING in Suburban or Metro areas!!!

Now, if he did leave for South Carolina/Myrtle Beach that might be a case of opportunity (Brittnae Drexel, is who I am thinking of... and Georgetown SC was suspected and that resembles the more rural area s that he is used to)

As far as the Fairfax County rape...that was very risky BUT it was at night...so maybe again a crime of opportunity as well. As with the Brittane case, the Fairfax victim was walking alone in a low lit area at night. There is a 7-11 on the corner of Jermantown Rd and Rt 50. He may have had a job in Fairfax that night or was there for some event.

JMO but how stupid to drive such a conspicuous vehicle...

I am sorry but I have to respectfully disagree, I don't see Alexis Murphy as the kind of person who would follow a strange man willingly. Wouldn't she have called her Dad first? I know that when I was her age and my car had trouble I called my Dad and just waited. Again JMO.

1. Posts from virtually everyone who either lives in the area or travels through it says that cell phone signals at that general location are sketchy at best.

2. The man was purportedly talking to her at the pump, and LE purportedly stated that his vehicle followed her out. I can think of no better explanation - especially if he turns out to be the 29 stalker. I mean, if he is the 29 stalker then it's his MO, and it's something he's clearly perfected over the years.

3. You'd be surprised how easy it is for a con and/or sociopath to fool someone - even those much more seasoned and acclimated to the cruel world than Alexis is.

:seeya: Oh my goodness, to all the new members I'd just like to say.....:welcome:

:wagon: :welcome5: :welcome4: :welcome2:

At the gas station & during a brief chat, could RAT have slipped something (Valium, roofie, Xanax, etc) into a soda or water and offered it to her in a real charming, "I just opened it but forgot I like Pepsi over Coke" kind of thing? He could've even offered her a Red Bull for instance, and slightly turn away (while slipping something in it) as he handed it to her. A slight of the wrist type of thing???

Then all he had to do was wait for it to kick in while he followed her.

And then when she was feeling really out of it, pulled up along side as a Knight-in-Shining-Armor? He could've really set her up.

.....just throwing it out there????

Also, you can tell race by the DNA so I would take Morgan out of the list.

The test for ID doesn't check for race. You need a separate test for that and it hasn't been run on the Harrington suspect yet:

Because eye-witness accounts–- particularly from traumatized witnesses–- are notoriously unreliable, police have been cautious in confirming the suspect's race. In a recent Hook story, "Familial Pain: Harringtons press police for new DNA test," police spokesperson Corinne Geller says investigators have considered various tests including an "ancestral" DNA test, which could reveal with greater certainty how the suspect might appear.

http://www.readthehook.com/88650/hes-still-here-and-other-revelations-harrington-case

None of the appearance- and ancestry-related tests reveal more than probabilities, which is one reason why it hasn't been more widely adopted. A test that would be useful is familial DNA, which would try to match close relatives of the suspect, but that carries huge privacy issues.

Do I think it's likely? No. But the geographical coincidence is huge.

I wonder if LE got his DNA when they were after him for Samantha's disappearance...seems like they could have gotten hold of it in some way. I have seen in shows where they take DNA from a coffee cup, i.e and run it, so I don't think they have to have a warrant. Not sure.

When you're arrested in Virginia on a violent crime/felony, your DNA is automatically taken and entered into a databank.

Are you kidding me? It's camoflauged. Folks have evidently posted pics of it, but I have yet to see it.

I hate to say it, but not that unusual in the more rural areas around here. Yea, I know. :waitasec:

The one news article said he was seen walking up and down the highway by a neighbor. Could he have been casing the highway to see where he could toss stuff at? Also, the RT.29 stalker was said to have tossed stuff out at various places on the roads.

Does anyone know how long he lived in Lovingston, VA?

I don't think very long because I found a .pdf earlier today with the address listed to a ST (the owner of the house?) for the 2011-2012 school year, I believe it was..it was a .pdf file for a committee she was at the school or school district.

Having that camper tells me that he at least had a to have had a trailer hitch.
My money is on him towing her car to the C-vile theater lot.

Yeah, mine too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member