VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searched circuit for the listed counties for both criminal and civil matters and found nothing. Used the term "Taylor, Randolph"

Is there any way he could have been using an "alias" ....

Thus finding it difficult to find all his records?

could he have maybe used his middle name "Allen" instead of Randolph or Randy?

:waitasec:

Expanding a little on this...he could have walked from his house. Maybe he is a regular that hangs out at the gas station? I am from a very small rural town and on any given morning you can walk into the Shell station and find 5-10 older men hanging out drinking coffee and talking. These aren't scary men either, I have seen some of my family there. I think they just get bored and it's a cheap place to meet up. Maybe he walked to see if he could find 'some action'. The possibility of him asking her for a ride is huge as well. She may have given it to him, thinking he's harmless. I pray we find her soon. If anyone hears of volunteer searches, please let me know. I would definitely participate!

And there is also a McDonalds there.

Expanding a little on this...he could have walked from his house. Maybe he is a regular that hangs out at the gas station? I am from a very small rural town and on any given morning you can walk into the Shell station and find 5-10 older men hanging out drinking coffee and talking. These aren't scary men either, I have seen some of my family there. I think they just get bored and it's a cheap place to meet up. Maybe he walked to see if he could find 'some action'. The possibility of him asking her for a ride is huge as well. She may have given it to him, thinking he's harmless. I pray we find her soon. If anyone hears of volunteer searches, please let me know. I would definitely participate!

It's the same in the small town I recently moved from. So many older men hang out at the 7-11 that they put out a bench, ashtray, and potted flowers for them. There's always a couple out there, hanging out and chatting. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's the same at Liberty.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

The family knows him. It is possible she may have given him a ride knowing that he was a local and lived less than 2 miles from the Liberty.

Is there any way he could have been using an "alias" ....

Thus finding it difficult to find all his records?

could he have maybe used his middle name "Allen" instead of Randolph or Randy?

Most likely any alias used would have been found out and noted in the online public records of the VA State Court System.

I would be happy to answer any questions about the area or any details whatsoever.

Just a couple of things I would like to mention. The Liberty in Lovingston is a very busy place. It is attached to a McDonalds and is the only major gas station in the area. So, I don't think he attacked her there. If he didn't slip into the car there, then he followed her. If you are headed 29 north, other than car traffic there isn't any major stores, shopping, etc. until you get to Charlottesville.

The area around where Taylor lives is very quiet and is surrounded by woods.

Also, thanks for your kind words. I have been in touch with the family and to be honest, they are not in a good place. And while I believe they are doing their best to be positive, they know the possibility of her coming home safely is slim.

Awesome. TIA!!

I personally am particularly interested in areas thirty miles south of the gas station. I named some areas upstream also that stood out on a map upon a cursory glance (IIRC Tye River, James River / JR State Park / Some <forgot the name> Mills...

The family knows him. It is possible she may have given him a ride knowing that he was a local and lived less than 2 miles from the Liberty.

That would explain alot. Maybe they even have it on video that he left with her.

I like that theory -- is known by the family, maybe didn't perceive a threat, drove him to his house and was overpowered. Now the key lies in any surveillance video (ie; was his truck still parked at Liberty while her car was gone?) I know they say he pursued her FROM the gas station, but, IMO that's vague.

Very important to note that this guy has been charged with several dozen offenses and has really only spent 2-4.5 years in jail...WTH is wrong with our judicial system that we cannot look at previous criminal history?

All this petty stuff is connected...stalking, B&E, Contempt of Court, Failure to Appear, Arson, defective equipment, speeding, possession, DWI, DUI...

The above reminds me of someone who is honing skills, of stalking, assault, breaking in, setting fires, perhaps to destroy evidence, no regard for authority..doesn't give a sheet about laws/rules they don't apply to him...

wonder if he has the same lawyer for all the offenses...

If so... That lawyer seems to be effective...

wonder if he/she will be RAT's lawyer for AM's case...

Looking on her Ask account, I found this:

(Someone Else): You seem like a lil Barbie Doll :) I just wanna shop for u...
(AM): Haha, aw.
23 days ago

Now looking at the rest of the questions and such, you can tell it's all teenage kids posting stuff. Typical misspellings like kids do, not typing out "for", etc etc. This person spells normal, even capitalizes "Barbie Doll" as it should be. This is typical typing/spelling of an adult, minus the "u" part.

Another scenario, could RAT have told her he wanted to take her shopping and she was willing to go with him, 'shopping'? Where her car was at the theatre, is there a mall near that area? If so, perhaps they followed one another to that area, and he took her from there?

I sure hope they have the right guy.
On another note, I wonder who is taking care of his son now?

Indeed, tunnel vision can do serious damage to something like this. I'm assuming they will find, or have already found, some concrete physical evidence other than the cctv, to nail this guy.

29 south is much less populated than 29 north. Past the Liberty within a mile is the High School and Middle School and then another 2 miles in an Elementary School. After there is not major shopping/stores, etc. you hit Madison Heights (right outside of Lynchburg).

You are correct - there is Tye River, James River State Park (which is huge), Montebello which is just 3 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway and there are back roads that lead to the other side of Nelson County - another pretty rural area.

re: the map with crimes, missing/murdered women, etc. -- I gave up on it for now because I was having too much trouble verifying dates and places. His is a very common name and it seems like lots of other RT's are getting dragged into this. I could find very little verified information that puts him outside that strip running about 40 miles either way from Charlottesville.

Has anybody been able to verify the Virginia Beach or the Fort Walton Beach locations?

wonder if he has the same lawyer for all the offenses...

If so... That lawyer seems to be effective...

wonder if he/she will be RAT's lawyer for AM's case...

You know, surprisingly he didn't have an attorney for the Charlottesville stalking case and he got the charges dismissed.

I know that area very well, driving through there often...stopping at that gas station often. Which really freaks me out. Anyway, knowing how busy that gas station is, particularly at that time on a Saturday night, I find it highly unlikely that he could have slipped into her car unnoticed. I thought that I had seen that he followed her out (by car). But perhaps I am remembering incorrectly.

I believe there is an used auto shop in Cannery Loop. Perhaps he told her to bring her car there because he told her there was something wrong with it and he could help repair it. Then he incapacitated her somehow. Could have brought her back to his house in his truck. He returned to the auto repair shop to get her car and went the wrong way on Cannery loop to get to the crossover to continue north on 29 and up to Charlottesville. It is possible her car was never at his house at all.

In due time, the details are sure to come out, but it will probably be a while as to not compromise the case. I'm just hoping and praying that she will be found and will be ok. How terrifying for the community and her family especially.

29 south is much less populated than 29 north. Past the Liberty within a mile is the High School and Middle School and then another 2 miles in an Elementary School. After there is not major shopping/stores, etc. you hit Madison Heights (right outside of Lynchburg).

You are correct - there is Tye River, James River State Park (which is huge), Montebello which is just 3 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway and there are back roads that lead to the other side of Nelson County - another pretty rural area.

Thanks. Looking at this now.

I don't see AM giving this man a ride. There aren't a lot of hitchhickers around in the area, like taxi cab sightings, this also is a rare occurrence. At the off chance that he asked her for a ride and she obliged, it would have been when she as parked in front of the pump and there's video of that. Remember, AM is a teenager (I tend to think of teens as children). If her Mom saw the man and found him creepy looking, chances are she also found him creepy looking and probably wouldn't stop to chat with him. You just don't see too many teenagers talking to men who look like this unless they're affiliated with them in some way, like if he was Dad or uncle. Teenagers usually aren't that chatty with adults they don't know. I also doubt that she would have been persuaded to stop if he faked distress. I could be wrong, but I tend to think this was a surprise predator's attack on her.

Her great aunt said she thought Alexis would be afraid of him because he looked scary, but that's hard to say. Apparently his vehicle had been seen near where she lived AND was a fixture at the gas station:

But it was who some people did not see at Lovingston's Liberty gas station, the last documented place Alexis was seen, that raised eyebrows.

On Monday, the FBI released a photo of the vehicle driven by Taylor -- a late model GMC Suburban with camouflage detail.

"They described the truck, and I knew exactly who they were talking about," said Nelson County resident John Callahan.

Callahan, who frequently visits the gas station, says it was not unusual to see Taylor parked near the station's 'Air Vac' machine. Callahan says, in the last week or so, Taylor and his camo ride have also been noticeably absent.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/219363781.html?device=phone

re: the map with crimes, missing/murdered women, etc. -- I gave up on it for now because I was having too much trouble verifying dates and places. His is a very common name and it seems like lots of other RT's are getting dragged into this. I could find very little verified information that puts him outside that strip running about 40 miles either way from Charlottesville.

Has anybody been able to verify the Virginia Beach or the Fort Walton Beach locations?

Thanks for all your efforts carbuff!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking on her Ask account, I found this:

(Someone Else): You seem like a lil Barbie Doll :) I just wanna shop for u...
(AM): Haha, aw.
23 days ago

Now looking at the rest of the questions and such, you can tell it's all teenage kids posting stuff. Typical misspellings like kids do, not typing out "for", etc etc. This person spells normal, even capitalizes "Barbie Doll" as it should be. This is typical typing/spelling of an adult, minus the "u" part.

Another scenario, could RAT have told her he wanted to take her shopping and she was willing to go with him, 'shopping'? Where her car was at the theatre, is there a mall near that area? If so, perhaps they followed one another to that area, and he took her from there?

There is a mall about a mile from the Carmike theater. From what I know of Alexis, I don't believe she would have gone with him. She had every intention of going to Lynchburg. One of her closest friends has confirmed that. The fact that she headed north instead of south leads me to believe the abduction started at the Liberty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member