VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nursie has a great map found on the opening posts of each of AM's threads...

this might help you get an idea of the area and "landmarks"...

HTH...:seeya:

when I get a chance I am going to add the areas to the map where he has had previous charges and also to where the other MP cases happened with dates. This is going to be a big project but I plan on getting to it.

but he could have set the alarm once he parked the car. I'm sure he had the keys. I wish we knew exactly when the car got there. (I know they say it showed up before 11am on Tue) I cant see him kidnapping her on Sat and then keeping her car until possibly Mon night.....towing at night would be best.

Especially now that we know his house was searched with a warrant BEFORE the car was found...

However... He could have had it hidden in another place before the parking lot...

but that is a lot of moving around... Causing attention to himself...

:dunno:

"NBC29 has also learned from an employee at Ultimate Bliss on Route 29 in Charlottesville that surveillance cameras show Taylor in the store the day Alexis disappeared - Saturday, August 3."

Most pertinent info from the article Nurse posted.

I have had a life-long interest in the 29 stalker cases and how, if at all, they were related to the Shenandoah national park cases and the Lisk girls' murders in Fredericksburg, Va.

I grew up in Fburg and the Lisk girls along with Sofia Silvia's murder haunted me. Richard Evonitz was charged in those three murders along with another one in S. Carolina.

This is a great article talking about all of these cases and how they might or might not interconnect : http://fredericksburg.com/News/Web/2007/112007/29/chapter4/index_html?page=1

I used to drive 29 back and forth every weekend. All these 29 murders were happening then. After I graduated I moved to a Mennonite community in Iowa. It was there that I heard about the abduction and murder of Alicia Showalter. She was a young, newly married Mennonite girl in graduate school at John Hopkins. Mennonites are a tight group and every community has family members from other communities. It was crazy to have moved away from the C-ville area and then have a victim be someone so closely connected to my new home and new life!

I was leaning towards Evonitz being the 29 stalker. He's dead now. I guess this RAT could be him or just another copycat creeper. But the above article is really interesting. JMO

Thanks song for this interesting link.

<edit: wait a minute...Spotsylvania County? Weird...isn't that blue van July 4th guy?>

This is my hometown where I grew up and still currently live. We as a community are devastated.

I have seen Randy Taylor in person and he is creepy. I am obviously obsessed with Alexis' disappearance and am really hoping that she comes home safe and sound. Her family is absolutely wonderful and I have known her dad for over 25 years.

My theory is that he slipped in the car with her at the Liberty Station and then attacked her very soon after leaving there. I have thought all along that they had surveillance video of him at the Liberty. It is a very short distance, as you all know, to his house. He is a regular in Lovingston and I have seen him quite a bit in that area.

Also, Nelson is such a rural area that I think she could be anywhere :(

NBC29 &#8207;@NBC29 2m
Orange Commonwealth&#8217;s Attorney confirms that Orange County investigators are assisting in the #AlexisMurphy investigation

NBC29 &#8207;@NBC29 6s
Suspect in #AlexisMurphy abduction, Randy Allen Taylor, appointed a public defender by Nelson Co. judge. Next court appearance Jan. 9

"Taylor admitted to The Hook he called Samantha Clarke several times before she disappeared.

He says it was to warn her about some other people."

Yeah right. Creep.

Yeah... He sounds real saintly... Doesn't he.... :no:

further thought:

article upstream said they got the warrant for his house six hours before the car was found.

the "scent" that they tracked to the clubhouse could well have been his scent. They are not looking for Alexis in that area.. but near his house. I think the ccvid they pulled from area businesses already has shown who dumped the car (him) and he would have to somehow get back to his house iykwim. Wonder if this dude has a cell phone. (re: taxi or calls a friend for a ride, etc)

Being from the country, myself, I think that the odds that he took a taxi -- especially that far -- are slim to none. Taxis are few and far between out this far and when you do see a taxi out in the boonies it sticks out like a sore thumb. I don't think that I have seen ten taxicabs in my life out in these rural areas. When you do see one, you notice and remember it.

That being said, I also think that the driver would have come forth by now -- especially now that they have him in custody to say that he remembers this guy -- either to get his 15 minutes of fame or to be a genuine help. It sounds like the FBI is definitely turning over every stone and I'm sure that they have also probably contacted all of the cab companies in C'ville to get a log of their fares.

Plus, don't forget -- it seems that everyone whose path RAT crosses remembers this creepy, weird guy with the Daffy Duck tattoo on his neck.

My guess is that if he had help, it was some other low life creepy friend. I wish that they would get back in touch with the two young men and the girlfriend of one of them from the Samantha Clarke case. In The Hook article, it said that the writer knew who they were, but did not want to pull them into this at this point -- or something along those lines.

Someone just a little upthread made a good point about how he could have pulled or backed Alexis' car right up to the curb once he took it off the tow dolly -- because he did have the keys.

Just a few more of the things working their way through my brain again today!

NBC29 &#8207;@NBC29 6s
Suspect in #AlexisMurphy abduction, Randy Allen Taylor, appointed a public defender by Nelson Co. judge. Next court appearance Jan. 9

I assume it's set so far out to give them ample time to bring more charges if need be.

Based on my experiences with Jaunt drivers, I'd rule it out, lol. The drivers tend to be extremely chatty/very gossipy, men and women. If a rider misses a pick up, they talk about it for the rest of the day, lol. Very small town.

Ha ha! Gossipy people, annoying as they can be, can be a good thing if the see something!

This is my hometown where I grew up and still currently live. We as a community are devastated.

I have seen Randy Taylor in person and he is creepy. I am obviously obsessed with Alexis' disappearance and am really hoping that she comes home safe and sound. Her family is absolutely wonderful and I have known her dad for over 25 years.

My theory is that he slipped in the car with her at the Liberty Station and then attacked her very soon after leaving there. I have thought all along that they had surveillance video of him at the Liberty. It is a very short distance, as you all know, to his house. He is a regular in Lovingston and I have seen him quite a bit in that area.

Also, Nelson is such a rural area that I think she could be anywhere :(

Hey there twinbaby. Sorry your community is going through this. I know what that's like. At least you guys can have peace that he is in custody. When Jessica Ridgeway's abductor was on the loose here, we were scared to death.

If you talk to Alexis' dad, please let him know there a people all over praying for Alexis' safe return and doing everything they/we can to help bring her home.

How creepy for you to have looked into his eyes / seen him. I'm pretty sure I saw ARS out walking the neighborhood a day and a half before he was arrested. Still chills me to this day because everyone was inside on what would normally be a beautiful day with everyone out playing sports, biking, walking dogs, etc. He was the only one on the street!!!! I remember seeing him (those squinty eyes) and thinking, "nahhhh, he's too young"...

Anyway, sorry for the o/t. Your local perspective (and all the other locals' here) is very important to us here. Any possible info re: the landscape, details about the rural areas, buildings, etc. can be helpful in our mapping!

Hoping today is the day that Alexis comes home.

NBC29 &#8207;@NBC29 6s

Any bail been set astrid?

Any bail been set astrid?

Not that I have seen -- but I don't have access to JDR records (no one really does except for the defendant themselves and/or an attorney). They will PROBABLY say something about bail later on when they report on it.

I'd assume he won't get it though -- flight risk.

January? :thud:

That is actually about the correct amount of time. That gives the Commonwealths Attorney time to plan a case. That also gives the defense enough time to build a defense.

However, he will probably have a bond hearing before then, if his attorney applies for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member