VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His home is a bit over a mile from the gas station I think.

I don't think he towed the car. I think he possibly drove it and then possibly took the bus home. I know LE said when they found her car they were looking at things such as seat position to see who drove it last. I am sure they have the answer but aren't making the public privy to it.

I was thinking maybe he convinced her to give him a ride from the gas station .. is there confirmation his vehicle was ever there? Then possibly he subdued her in her car and dropped it off where it was found. Or maybe he asked for a ride to the location her car was found .. and his truck was already there waiting...:moo:

RAT is so disturbed that I don't think threatening him w/ the death penalty or offering to take if off the table would work. I am sure that he prefers to die.

I also find it interesting that he does not even get to go to court, he has to appear via video. I wonder if he is in solitary confinement.

Whether he's in solitary has nothing to do with the video link. I've sat there and watched the judge do piles of those video arraignments (I think that's the right word), for everything from drunken disorderly to break ins to God knows what. When I saw that being done, I gathered that the county no longer files perps into its fancy new justice center to appear before the judge (which is just as well, people there for random non criminal issues don't need to be in the same room with serial killers. OT- years ago I accompanied someone to court over a dispute with a property manager and we ended up sitting across the aisle from a rapist. So...) So, it seemed like it was all video link to me, regardless of the offense.

RV Parks is a good thought! And, those public roadside restrooms where trucks park overnight out back along the highway. Could have pulled the camper there and dumped her, no one would notice as it is usually only lit in the front and the back are usually surrounded by woods.

ETA: Rest stops, that is the word I was looking for.

And that is a whole other issue people keep turning up dead or missing from I64 rest stops.

Yes! And 1996 was when Alicia Reynolds and Anne McDaniel were murdered.

I know of at least one case where the perp of a young college student I knew was very recently released from prison/jail when he committed the murder...

Seems some of the perps act out on all their rage/fantasies stored up while in prison...

JMO

RV Parks is a good thought! And, those public roadside restrooms where trucks park overnight out back along the highway. Could have pulled the camper there and dumped her, no one would notice as it is usually only lit in the front and the back are usually surrounded by woods.

ETA: Rest stops, that is the word I was looking for.

And that is a whole other issue people keep turning up dead or missing from I64 rest stops.

:seeya:
Still catching up so I don't know if this has been pointed out, but Jaunt (the commuter bus) doesn't work that way. The Jaunt commuter bus isn't like a city bus, it doesn't stop light to light picking up random people and it only takes its subscribed riders to certain key locations in Charlottesville and back to their homes or where they're parked (make shift park n ride type places) out in the county Monday through Friday only. You have to get on the list to be able to use it. It's a state subsidized route.

Yes. I clarified in one of my comments that it wasn't a hop on/hop off type of service. I still am going to say it can't be ruled out, even if you have to call ahead to get a ride. It does seem like it would be difficult to be anonymous on it though, with all the info required to get into their system - unless he was already there. He also could have friends/acquaintances who could have given him a ride.

Very important to note that this guy has been charged with several dozen offenses and has really only spent 2-4.5 years in jail...WTH is wrong with our judicial system that we cannot look at previous criminal history?

All this petty stuff is connected...stalking, B&E, Contempt of Court, Failure to Appear, Arson, defective equipment, speeding, possession, DWI, DUI...

The above reminds me of someone who is honing skills, of stalking, assault, breaking in, setting fires, perhaps to destroy evidence, no regard for authority..doesn't give a sheet about laws/rules they don't apply to him...

I don't think those charges are all his. In fact, I'm fairly sure at least half of them belong to different people with similar name but different date of birth.

Thanks for the reply. That does not sound good. He must have been seen following her at some point whether it be at the store or later. I wonder in what proximity this adult store is to the gas station she was last seen at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nursie has a great map found on the opening posts of each of AM's threads...

this might help you get an idea of the area and "landmarks"...

HTH...:seeya:

Interesting the LE already had a warrant and searched Tat Duck Cat Rat's home premises... BEFORE the car was found!

:waitasec:

That is why I believe LE knows, or has looked into, everything being mentioned, i.e possible connections to other crimes, various addresses etc.
I think they have been after this guy for a long time.

Heather Hodges is from my area, and her boyfriend has always been the prime suspect, but they never had enough to charge him. He was abusive towards her, her family (he was arrested for assaulting her mother), and was the last person to see her when she just "vanished" from her own house. Everyone around here is pretty sure he did it, so am I. So you can probably take her off the list.

Sorry to get off topic, but it's good to see someone else from my area on here. ;)

I believe they have DNA on the Morgan Harrington killer, and it's linked to a black man from northern Virginia/DC area.

attachment.php

Is it just me, or does this guy resemble Denzel Washington?

:seeya:

Yes. I clarified in one of my comments that it wasn't a hop on/hop off type of service. I still am going to say it can't be ruled out, even if you have to call ahead to get a ride. It does seem like it would be difficult to be anonymous on it though, with all the info required to get into their system - unless he was already there. He also could have friends/acquaintances who could have given him a ride.

Based on my experiences with Jaunt drivers, I'd rule it out, lol. The drivers tend to be extremely chatty/very gossipy, men and women. If a rider misses a pick up, they talk about it for the rest of the day, lol. Very small town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member