VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish he'd just open his meth addled (pure speculation) mouth and give up all the damn details.

I don't think he will do that any time soon. He got away with it once before in a close call. IMO, he thinks he has a good chance here too. The FBI needs evidence to use as leverage against him to get him to talk and hopefully they have or will get that.

I know that LE hasn't released that CCTV footage of RAT talking to Alexis, but I'm wondering if we know for sure his truck was there. Maybe he got to the gas station on foot. If she was seen driving oddly after, then maybe he incapacitated her somehow at the gas station and drove her away in her car.

How far is his home from the Liberty gas station, again?

I think he used her car to dispose of her body (I know, I know...and I hope I'm mistaken) parked it and then made his way home somehow. I see some of you are thinking about the bus. Could be. I just think that if he had towed her car there somehow, someone would have remembered seeing that.

All IMO

His home is a bit over a mile from the gas station I think.

I don't think he towed the car. I think he possibly drove it and then possibly took the bus home. I know LE said when they found her car they were looking at things such as seat position to see who drove it last. I am sure they have the answer but aren't making the public privy to it.

I think he used her car to dispose of her body (I know, I know...and I hope I'm mistaken) parked it and then made his way home somehow. I see some of you are thinking about the bus. Could be. I just think that if he had towed her car there somehow, someone would have remembered seeing that.

All IMO

This makes sense. That way everything would be in her car, not his. Then he could later drop the car off, perhaps near where he left her.

Im shocked too that a bus goes through there. I was looking around on their website and it looks like you have to schedule a pick up in advance. I guess he could have scheduled it on Monday. I think I read somewhere they dont take weekend requests.

copied- You may schedule a trip up to 2 weeks in advance or up until the day before you would like to travel.

http://www.ridejaunt.org/make-reservation.asp

I know that LE hasn't released that CCTV footage of RAT talking to Alexis, but I'm wondering if we know for sure his truck was there. Maybe he got to the gas station on foot. If she was seen driving oddly after, then maybe he incapacitated her somehow at the gas station and drove her away in her car.

How far is his home from the Liberty gas station, again?

All IMO

BBM

From the 11th
Bedford News ‏@BedfordInformer 11 Aug
Sources at the Nelson County Sheriff's office say the suspect was at the Liberty gas station & pursued #Alexis from that location

Im shocked too that a bus goes through there. I was looking around on their website and it looks like you have to schedule a pick up in advance. I guess he could have scheduled it on Monday. I think I read somewhere they dont take weekend requests.

copied- You may schedule a trip up to 2 weeks in advance or up until the day before you would like to travel.

http://www.ridejaunt.org/make-reservation.asp

He could have been a regular on the bus maybe? I also don't think the car was there over the weekend, so my theory is he would have taken it either Monday or Tuesday.

Where exactly was his place of employment? Does anyone know? Someone said in a previous article that it was in Ruckersville, VA. So why did he live in Lovingston, VA? Could he have pegged Alexis as a potential victim for awhile and actually moved to Lovingston so that he could carry this out? Or was he employed in Lovingston? Anyone know?

I have not been able to function normally since AM went missing. I ca hardly sleep, I am in constant prayer and I am scared to travel RT. 29. All I due to check the news and read these post! I wish LE was letting the community help-- I would totally take off work to help.

I am really nice to people, but this changes my perspectives. For example, if someone offered me their business card or something I would take it because I wouldn't want to be rude. In the country we speak to everyone. You ride pass a house and someone is outside you are expected to waive.... whether you know the person or not. I probably wouldn't go to someones house if they said something was wrong w/ my car, but I may get out to look at it. I have no idea how AM car ended up in C'Ville. I feel that it would have been too noticeable for him to be towing a car up 29, especially after he knows they are looking for her. I also feel that she would have sent a tweet if someone said something was wrong with her car. In my opinion, somehow, he got her phone away from her. I don't usually lock my car door at the gas station and sometimes I leave my phone in the seat (should not be on cell phone at the pump). Maybe he took it. I think that if she was suspicious before she went to pay for the gas she would have said something.

I don't know her personally, but is related to a couple of my friends and she is friends w/ many of my friends. RAT is a creep! I am sure they have substantial evidence on him. I am guessing they believe that he may not have worked alone if he has been arrested and they are still not sharing information.

Just my thoughts!

His son was 8 in 2012 and unless he had a place to keep his other car in Charlottesville, then he would be walking about 30 miles to Lovingston. Unless he just got a ride from some buddy telling them his car would be in the shop. Now that is the first time I thought of that.

I don't think he walked back to Charlottesville. That is a REALLY long walk and he would of had to walk all the way down 29 business. Someone would have been sure to see him.

ITA with most of the above, with the exception of Rachael. As you said, EVERYONE thinks it was her deputy boyfriend who murdered her. He was married and having an affair with Rachael and got her pregnant. Therefore, he needed to act quick. He was the first officer assigned to her case...botched investigation. I live only 30 mins away from Elkton. I know for a fact that they are still looking for her body. It's so sad...no justice for her family.

I agree. My list of "other possibles" is really more a tentatively ruled out. I included them because of their proximity to rt29 and their missing status. But for this list a variety of things make me think it was a different perp.

I have been trying to go back to all of the WS pages for these women and add any updates I can find. I actually haven't found all that much on Rachael, but I did get the mods to unlock her page last night. If you have any more details please add them. She is still missing though her family had her declared dead after the 7 year waiting period.

Hi all!!! Brand new here.
Not sure if anyone noticed this but it stood out to me. In the link below, the ladies interviewed in the Alicia Showalters Reynolds case kept stating how concerned the guy was for their safety. For those who read the article in the Hook about SC, and how he was so concerned for her safety...anyone see a connection???
http://www.darrellrice.org/news/chapter_1_Clues_Point_to_a_serial_killer.htm

Where exactly was his place of employment? Does anyone know? Someone said in a previous article that it was in Ruckersville, VA. So why did he live in Lovingston, VA? Could he have pegged Alexis as a potential victim for awhile and actually moved to Lovingston so that he could carry this out? Or was he employed in Lovingston? Anyone know?

One of the articles said he did odd jobs here and there, and another said he worked part time at a car lot in Ruckersville. Not sure when he worked in Ruckersville though. I don't think any of it is clear. He seems to have a lot of sketchy details about his life. It's about 47 miles from Lovingston to Ruckersville.

Others were asking if he had any ties to Virginia Beach or ever lived there. That gives your answer!
Thanks for the link. Just saw it on our local news WAVY-10 also. My reason for asking was for Hope Curry. Missing from a Texaco station in Virginia Beach on Nov. 10, 2000. She went to make a phone call and was never seen or heard from again.

Maybe it is a central location in his hunting grounds.

"It’s kind of a shock to get a call that there’s some FBI agents wanting to talk to you," Bennett said. "My part-timer recognized him from the Daffy Duck tattoo on his neck, because there aren’t too many people walking around with a cartoon character on their neck. He just purchased some movies."

An employer and acquaintances of Taylor’s described him as a quiet, hardworking man, who kept mostly to himself working off and on at a local used car lot.

We knew he had a past, because he’d been honest with us," Taylor’s employer, Tere Vann, said Monday at the Ruckersville car lot where he’s worked off and on for the past five years.

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/article_7945f6ac-0365-11e3-9eb7-0019bb30f31a.html

Do we know if his driver's license was active or suspended? I'd wonder how he got to Ruckersville to work if he couldn't drive, unless he used the commuter bus. But I don't think it went as far as Ruckersville if I'm looking at the commuter map correctly.

I have not been able to function normally since AM went missing. I ca hardly sleep, I am in constant prayer and I am scared to travel RT. 29. All I due to check the news and read these post! I wish LE was letting the community help-- I would totally take off work to help.

I am really nice to people, but this changes my perspectives. For example, if someone offered me their business card or something I would take it because I wouldn't want to be rude. In the country we speak to everyone. You ride pass a house and someone is outside you are expected to waive.... whether you know the person or not. I probably wouldn't go to someones house if they said something was wrong w/ my car, but I may get out to look at it. I have no idea how AM car ended up in C'Ville. I feel that it would have been too noticeable for him to be towing a car up 29, especially after he knows they are looking for her. I also feel that she would have sent a tweet if someone said something was wrong with her car. In my opinion, somehow, he got her phone away from her. I don't usually lock my car door at the gas station and sometimes I leave my phone in the seat (should not be on cell phone at the pump). Maybe he took it. I think that if she was suspicious before she went to pay for the gas she would have said something.

I don't know her personally, but is related to a couple of my friends and she is friends w/ many of my friends. RAT is a creep! I am sure they have substantial evidence on him. I am guessing they believe that he may not have worked alone if he has been arrested and they are still not sharing information.

Just my thoughts!

Eclipse90,

I share your pain and your fear. I grew up in Fredericksburg VA and used to travel Route 3 to attend Germanna Community College. I remember the fear of the residents during the Silva/Lisk girls disappearance and I remember Alicia's disappearance. I currently live in Richmond and have travelled to Charlottesville many times. I have even gotten gas from that very gas station.

I cannot stop thinking about this case and I can't stop worrying about her and I (too) could not sleep last night. I fear for her and I am anxious. I am constantly updating this webpage (and I am at work!).

Just sitting here is driving me crazy. I want to be able to help look and I feel helpless behind a keyboard.

Just catching up somewhat so bear with me please....

If you go to google maps and look at Eades Lane there is what appears to possibly be a quarry of some sort. You can follow the power line from down where the search area was at Country Lane up to Eades. It goes by a couple of mobile homes as well, but the quarry really struck me as possibly significant.

dont think google is fully up to do date... what looks like a quarry is actually where they were in the process of building some buildings that are now built... just fyi

I don't think it is impossible that he walked. It's 35 miles so it would have taken some time. If he did someone had to see him, but if they did wouldn't necessarily think anything of it. I see people walking on the side of the road all the time and rarely give it a second thought.

Another option is public transport. It may not come to mind at first because of the rural nature of Lovingston and area, but there is a commuter route from Lovingston to C'ville.

http://www.ridejaunt.org/nelson.asp#commuter

He could have very well dropped her car off and took the commuter bus home.

Are you all sure a bus even goes through there? I can't see that as a route for any bus company except passing through. When you read a bus goes up 29, are you sure it's not 29 business going through Charlottesville?

!

Jaunt is not a commuter transportation like a bus line!!! not like you think... it is for elderly & disabled and you have to call ahead and schedule in order for them to come get you and often even then it is hard to get them to pick you up... (my mom works home health care and has to call them for her clients) it is NOT public transportation, as in a bus line, that anyone can just use

I know that LE hasn't released that CCTV footage of RAT talking to Alexis, but I'm wondering if we know for sure his truck was there. Maybe he got to the gas station on foot. If she was seen driving oddly after, then maybe he incapacitated her somehow at the gas station and drove her away in her car. How far is his home from the Liberty gas station, again?

I had posted, literally seconds before my battery died, so not sure if it made it on here, but a reference to a ploy some people had been using by passing out business cards, sometimes to women at gas stations, coated with a substance that would disorient them or incapacitate them shortly after coming in to contact with the coated card... and following them from gas station/stores in order to be able to then grab them/abduct/etc... when substance took effect... one of many possibilities, maybe?? just thinking outloud....

I think it was posted that his house is 1.6 miles from the Liberty gas station.

which is an easy walk to the gas station... just fyi... when I was in school our driveway was a mile long... its what we walked to get to the bus stop... very common around here to walk several miles...

also, saw this comment from a reader on one of ABC13 Parker Slaybaugh FB page posts ... it was made about 19 hours ago... which means maybe they saw this yesterday, if it is accurate... but who knows... just passing along FYI...

I saw Randolph Taylor going into U.V.A. medical center this afternoon, shackled and surrounded by FBI. This was about 12:30 p.m. and he entered the emergency room. He was walking and didn't seem to be impaired. Just wondering if you had heard this and why he was there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee