VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Link...the BUS...easiest solution.

And if he did, hopefully someone saw and recognized him. In the mean time, what did he do with the care prior to dropping it at the theater? I'm guessing he could have hid it near his home since the foliage is so thick.

Has anyone thought that maybe he used that camper to transport AM somewhere else, and dispose of her body in another location. If so then they are surely and hopefully will get some ID's from it. Just a thought, but it would be an effective way to not get noticed and not have anyone near his place. Are there any camper RV parks in that area? Again as always, JMO.

RV Parks is a good thought! And, those public roadside restrooms where trucks park overnight out back along the highway. Could have pulled the camper there and dumped her, no one would notice as it is usually only lit in the front and the back are usually surrounded by woods.

ETA: Rest stops, that is the word I was looking for.

The car has front wheel drive. It would have been in rear to curb, not front to curb if it was towed.

He could have towed it only to the main road there and then drove it into the parking area of the movie theater. jmo

the bus sounds good......'the scent' stopped at the clubhouse though. Does a bus pick up there?

Has anyone thought that maybe he used that camper to transport AM somewhere else, and dispose of her body in another location. If so then they are surely and hopefully will get some ID's from it. Just a thought, but it would be an effective way to not get noticed and not have anyone near his place. Are there any camper RV parks in that area? Again as always, JMO.

I am not sure there are any right around there, but this isn't far from the Blue Ridge Parkway and several national forests. There are so many forest roads in this area that he could have went to a number of places and not been noticed. With the vehicle he had it would be much easier without the camper. I am afraid that if he doesn't talk the search for Alexis is going to prove very difficult. :(

Excellent deductions....I'd like all campsites he visited verified as well.

the bus sounds good......'the scent' stopped at the clubhouse though. Does a bus pick up there?

I am not sure and the map on the website is not helpful. It says there are stops all along 29 and the theater is just off 29.

I am not sure there are any right around there, but this isn't far from the Blue Ridge Parkway and several national forests. There are so many forest roads in this area that he could have went to a number of places and not been noticed. With the vehicle he had it would be much easier without the camper. I am afraid that if he doesn't talk the search for Alexis is going to prove very difficult. :(

Just wondering why he even has that camper, towing the camper would allow him to blend in as just a traveler. Also, it would prevent him from having any evidence in his vehicle or home area. I am trying to stay hopeful but if he wanted another location to take her too he could have used it. The body of SC has yet to be found I don't think he dumps bodies near him but at other locations, I think the police are trying to find the cell phone which leads me to believe maybe AM fought and ran from him and dropped her cell in the process. RAT may never even had realized that. Again, JMO.

Look at a Google Earth map of the area. The possibilities for hiding someone are endless. It is very sparsely populated. And with budget cuts rangers in the National Forests and on the Blue Ridge are at a minimum. You could probably drive for a day on some of those forest roads and never see a person. He would not have had to sought out a campground or rest area. If he was familiar with the area of all he could easily have found a secluded place. And he had that spot on his Suburban that would have lit the way for him. Not a good scenario at all, but it seems rather likely unless he stayed right around his house. That seems a very possibly scenario as well given the secluded nature of the landscape right behind the house.

Are you all sure a bus even goes through there? I've been through that area many many times and I can't imagine a bus going in that area at all. That's just too far out for a bus to run. With the economy the way it is and gas prices up, I can't see that as a route for any bus company except passing through. When you read a bus goes up 29, are you sure it's not 29 business going through Charlottesville?

Maybe I missed something but I wrote this assuming you meant he took a bus from Charlottesville to Lovingston. If I am confused, sorry!

Just wondering why he even has that camper, towing the camper would allow him to blend in as just a traveler. Also, it would prevent him from having any evidence in his vehicle or home area. I am trying to stay hopeful but if he wanted another location to take her too he could have used it. The body of SC has yet to be found I don't think he dumps bodies near him but at other locations, I think the police are trying to find the cell phone which leads me to believe maybe AM fought and ran from him and dropped her cell in the process. RAT may never even had realized that. Again, JMO.

My gut feeling is that he took her elsewhere too. I just don't think he'd have had to use the camper, not with that huge honkin' Suburban he had. It'd be much easier to get up some of those dirt roads with just the vehicle and no camper. We've had a LOT of rain this summer so I imagine some of those roads are washed out pretty badly. The camper, IMO, would just complicate things.

I really wish he'd just open his meth addled (pure speculation) mouth and give up all the damn details.

Look at a Google Earth map of the area. The possibilities for hiding someone are endless. It is very sparsely populated. And with budget cuts rangers in the National Forests and on the Blue Ridge are at a minimum. You could probably drive for a day on some of those forest roads and never see a person. He would not have had to sought out a campground or rest area. If he was familiar with the area of all he could easily have found a secluded place. And he had that spot on his Suburban that would have lit the way for him. Not a good scenario at all, but it seems rather likely unless he stayed right around his house. That seems a very possibly scenario as well given the secluded nature of the landscape right behind the house.

I do not dismiss any possibility. In the SC case they looked for her body at a nearby lake which had camping areas. I drew the link to the trailer once it was found because why would he have that. Some people say he is a meth head and that is why he has the camper but also being an alcoholic can make you look old too, and in this case too much sun and evil might be aging him. Again, it is JMO. I think scientifically and so I don't dismiss any conclusion until it is disproved. Also, just think about it SC body was never found and if he is the RT.29 stalker he has practiced for years, as most notorious serial killers have. They have a ritual and do not want to get caught, anything in their possession is suspect to being used to carry out their crimes. JMO.

Are you all sure a bus even goes through there? I've been through that area many many times and I can't imagine a bus going in that area at all. That's just too far out for a bus to run. With the economy the way it is and gas prices up, I can't see that as a route for any bus company except passing through. When you read a bus goes up 29, are you sure it's not 29 business going through Charlottesville?

Maybe I missed something but I wrote this assuming you meant he took a bus from Charlottesville to Lovingston. If I am confused, sorry!

Yes, if you look at the link I posted there is a commuter bus that runs twice a day from Lovingston to C'ville and back.

Lovingston Commuter Route
Service starts at 6:45 am from Lovingston, making stops along Route 29. The route arrives in Charlottesville around 8:00 am and departs at 4:45 pm. This route drops off in the UVA area.

http://www.ridejaunt.org/nelson.asp

I'm sorry Nurse. I was talking about the 'sighting of RAT talking to Alexis at the pump and on the ccvid'. By the way- what does ccvid mean? I get that it is probably the surveillance video at the station, just wondering what the 'cc' is for. TIA!

I know that LE hasn't released that CCTV footage of RAT talking to Alexis, but I'm wondering if we know for sure his truck was there. Maybe he got to the gas station on foot. If she was seen driving oddly after, then maybe he incapacitated her somehow at the gas station and drove her away in her car.

How far is his home from the Liberty gas station, again?

My gut feeling is that he took her elsewhere too. I just don't think he'd have had to use the camper, not with that huge honkin' Suburban he had. It'd be much easier to get up some of those dirt roads with just the vehicle and no camper. We've had a LOT of rain this summer so I imagine some of those roads are washed out pretty badly. The camper, IMO, would just complicate things.

I think he used her car to dispose of her body (I know, I know...and I hope I'm mistaken) parked it and then made his way home somehow. I see some of you are thinking about the bus. Could be. I just think that if he had towed her car there somehow, someone would have remembered seeing that.

All IMO

I somehow missed your post. Thank you for clarifying that for me! :)

Not a problem! I knew it wouldn't be something that would readily come to mind given the rural nature of Lovingston. But I did a search on Google maps and it gave a public transport option so I just followed the clues! It could be that if he worked up that way (wasn't there something about a car lot that he worked at?) people would be use to seeing him on the bus and may not have given it a second thought.

I think it was posted that his house is 1.6 miles from the Liberty gas station.

I know that LE hasn't released that CCTV footage of RAT talking to Alexis, but I'm wondering if we know for sure his truck was there. Maybe he got to the gas station on foot. If she was seen driving oddly after, then maybe he incapacitated her somehow at the gas station and drove her away in her car.

How far is his home from the Liberty gas station, again?

I think he used her car to dispose of her body (I know, I know...and I hope I'm mistaken) parked it and then made his way home somehow. I see some of you are thinking about the bus. Could be. I just think that if he had towed her car there somehow, someone would have remembered seeing that.

All IMO

Wonder if the bus service has video cameras and tape?

My thought as well. Depending on the type camera, loop time and how long they keep the route file, it should be easy to verify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010