Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought of something:
He had the keys. He could have simply unhooked it from a tow and driven it into the parking space. Guess we will find out.

thats what I was thinking too.

Very important to note that this guy has been charged with several dozen offenses and has really only spent 2-4.5 years in jail...WTH is wrong with our judicial system that we cannot look at previous criminal history?

All this petty stuff is connected...stalking, B&E, Contempt of Court, Failure to Appear, Arson, defective equipment, speeding, possession, DWI, DUI...

The above reminds me of someone who is honing skills, of stalking, assault, breaking in, setting fires, perhaps to destroy evidence, no regard for authority..doesn't give a sheet about laws/rules they don't apply to him...

ITA with most of the above, with the exception of Rachael. As you said, EVERYONE thinks it was her deputy boyfriend who murdered her. He was married and having an affair with Rachael and got her pregnant. Therefore, he needed to act quick. He was the first officer assigned to her case...botched investigation. I live only 30 mins away from Elkton. I know for a fact that they are still looking for her body. It's so sad...no justice for her family.

You must be close to me because I'm near the case also. He story was just brought back up in the local news recently.

I wonder if her DNA was found on something he purchased at Bliss...

what information? could you elaborate a bit?

I'm sorry Nurse. I was talking about the 'sighting of RAT talking to Alexis at the pump and on the ccvid'. By the way- what does ccvid mean? I get that it is probably the surveillance video at the station, just wondering what the 'cc' is for. TIA!

He had the keys. He could have simply unhooked it from a tow and driven it into the parking space. Guess we will find out.

I think he drove the car to the spot it was found in and walked back home. If he was used to walking, it would not have been an issue for him.

I see it has been mentioned he walked along Rt29, and I see he had a suspended license at one point. So, walking any kind of distance is not a big deal once you are used to it.

At least with this theory, that keeps his son from being an unknowing accomplice. I haven't seen any mention of him having any friends or hang out buddies, but perhaps even he did not want any loopholes so he didn't make any calls for a ride.

I hate to ask ,but why do we think he towed the car?

I am hoping he drove her car and they can see how many miles the car was driven to help find her.

Im still on page 6, but I cant help but giggle about the hair extension stuff.

I'm in Texas and not familiar with the area that Alexis disappeared at, but no, most black chicks dont go to Sally's to get hair. Not enough variety, the texture is off and it is expensive there. We go to local hair stores as we call them. Usually family owned by Koreans or Taiwanese. Hair is not that expensive. Depending on how she was getting her hair done. From her pictures it looks as if she was weaved up like yours truly. One bag of hair ranges from 20-100 bucks a bag, but the average is around 45 dollars. YOu usually need 2-3 bags. It depends on the area too. Hair stores are cheaper in the hood. Just an FYI, but you guys had me laughing like crazy.

I've been wondering about that. I figured she wouldn't go to Sally's to get extensions with her hair being textured like that. Thanks for chiming in!! :D

Nope, not if he got early realease as in serve one day get credit for two. That could put him outside as early as January 1995. Because the arrest came down in Oct 1992. So, depending on if he waited in jail and got credit for time served and then got two for one credit...he may have been out by that time.

Agreed. Which is why I said "if that is the case" - I'm thinking he was out before 97

I'm sorry Nurse. I was talking about the 'sighting of RAT talking to Alexis at the pump and on the ccvid'. By the way- what does ccvid mean? I get that it is probably the surveillance video at the station, just wondering what the 'cc' is for. TIA!

I think it means closed circuit, meaning it is not being broadcast anywhere.

You see "CCTV" used a lot in UK crime shows. I have never seen 'ccvid' till this case.

I think we're just speculating since he used to be a repo man, he would definitely have the knowledge and resources to be able to tow a car. I don't think it's been confirmed that it was towed..we don't really know much about the car.

I think he drove the car to the spot it was found in and walked back home. If he was used to walking, it would not have been an issue for him.

I see it has been mentioned he walked along Rt29, and I see he had a suspended license at one point. So, walking any kind of distance is not a big deal once you are used to it.

At least with this theory, that keeps his son from being an unknowing accomplice. I haven't seen any mention of him having any friends or hang out buddies, but perhaps even he did not want any loopholes so he didn't make any calls for a ride.

His son was 8 in 2012 and unless he had a place to keep his other car in Charlottesville, then he would be walking about 30 miles to Lovingston. Unless he just got a ride from some buddy telling them his car would be in the shop. Now that is the first time I thought of that.

I am hoping he drove her car and they can see how many miles the car was driven to help find her.

Because he would need a way back home (30 plus miles)

I don't think it is impossible that he walked. It's 35 miles so it would have taken some time. If he did someone had to see him, but if they did wouldn't necessarily think anything of it. I see people walking on the side of the road all the time and rarely give it a second thought.

Another option is public transport. It may not come to mind at first because of the rural nature of Lovingston and area, but there is a commuter route from Lovingston to C'ville.

Lovingston Commuter Route
Service starts at 6:45 am from Lovingston, making stops along Route 29. The route arrives in Charlottesville around 8:00 am and departs at 4:45 pm. This route drops off in the UVA area.

http://www.ridejaunt.org/nelson.asp#commuter

He could have very well dropped her car off and took the commuter bus home. I don't think he towed her car myself.

GTG, Someone please PM me if there is a huge break. TIA.

I don't think it is impossible that he walked. It's 35 miles so it would have taken some time. If he did someone had to see him, but if they did wouldn't necessarily think anything of it. I see people walking on the side of the road all the time and rarely give it a second thought.

Another option is public transport. It may not come to mind at first because of the rural nature of Lovingston and area, but there is a commuter route from Lovingston to C'ville.

http://www.ridejaunt.org/nelson.asp#commuter

He could have very well dropped her car off and took the commuter bus home. I don't think he towed her car myself.
Great Link...the BUS...easiest solution.

His son was 8 in 2012 and unless he had a place to keep his other car in Charlottesville, then he would be walking about 30 miles to Lovingston. Unless he just got a ride from some buddy telling them his car would be in the shop. Now that is the first time I thought of that.

Ah, thanks. I thought the son was older, and was confusing son with the Sarah Clarke friend and the camper parties.

Maybe he wasn't planning on going home that day..

Depending on what time he dropped the car off he could have just stayed in C'ville and took the commuter bus home. It runs from C'ville to Lovingston at 4:45pm.

In wondering why the theater I started thinking. She was a teen, going to the movies would be a logical place for her. Maybe his thought - if he dropped the car there - was that the authorities would think she parked there to go to the movies and disappeared from there. It would seem a very logical place for a teenager to go.

Has anyone thought that maybe he used that camper to transport AM somewhere else, and dispose of her body in another location. If so then they are surely and hopefully will get some ID's from it. Just a thought, but it would be an effective way to not get noticed and not have anyone near his place. Are there any camper RV parks in that area? Again as always, JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angelicbexy