VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are some that I am putting in the "less possible" category. The group seems split on Morgan. I don't think she fits and then there is the DNA. Others seems to have pretty strong suspects in their cases or are a little too far from the area.

Sarah Lee Murray 2/18/1997 14 Kenbridge, Va. Missing http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102359&highlight=Sarah+Lee+Murray

Hattie Gertrude Brown 5/16/2009 48 Halifax, Va. Missing

Dashad "Sage" Smith 1/4/2013 19 Charlottesville, VA Missing

Heather Hodges 4/16/2012 22 Rocky Mount, VA Missing http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169692&highlight=Heather+Hodges

Virginia Morgan-Harrington 10/20/2009 17 Charlottesville, VA found deceased

Margaret Stamper-White 5/13/2008 37 Crimora, VA Missing http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68653&highlight=Margaret+Stamper+White

Rachel Nicole Good 10/18/2003 20 Elkton, VA Missing http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117312&highlight=Rachel+Nicole+Good

Rachel Nicole Good 10/18/2003 20 Elkton, VA Missing

She was pregnant by a cop and he has always been the main POI. He left the area right after her disappearance.

you are right K! I wish we could find out his release date! I have been looking but not finding much. I guess we could look at his other charges in other counties??? (re: if he has anything new for 96, etc?)

I am going to set up a media and timeline thread for this case so we can put all the info in one area. brb

This Virginia Beach possibility is scary. I spent last night making a spreadsheet on women who have gone missing around Rt29. There are already too many. But someone already noted that Virginia Beach and nearby Newport News have a lot of missing people. I had been excluding them.

I still have a lot more research to do but here is what I am tracking

Highly Possible:

Alice Showalter Reynolds 3/25/1995 Culpeper, Va found deceased
Carmelita Shomo 2/23/1996 Manasses, VA escaped/survived
Anne Carolyn McDaniel 9/20/1996 Orange, Va found deceased
Linda Lunsford 12/26/1996 38 Midlothian, VA Missing
Unknown Woman 9/23/2005 26 Fairfax, VA escaped/survived
Joan Renee Cook 1/24/2010 45 Salem, VA Missing http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95867&highlight=Joan+Renee+Cook&page=9
Samantha Anne Clark 9/13/2010 21 Orange, VA Missing
Lauren Susann Smith 11/21/2011 22 Madison County Missing VA VA - Lauren Susann Smith, 22, Madison County, 21 Nov 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Alexis Murphy 8/3/2013 17 Shipman, VA Missing

I see that you removed Sarah Murray, the girl who disappeared from Kenbridge. My research points to other possibilities for Sarah. She had just moved in with a family member. So it's possible that she had some issues and her mom was trying to get her to settle down. Also, one story says her mom died in a car crash while on the way to visit her in Kenbridge. She disappeared a short time later.

I also looked briefly at Joan Cook. I read that her husband didn't report her missing for a week. Seems like a red flag.

Anyone up for it? I have to go to work.
Suffolk Co
Williamsburg
Norfolk
Newport News
Hanover

and all those townships in between

I checked Goochland, Henrico & Richmond and found nothing but I see there are two sites and neither list all of the same on both sites. Stupid system...Virginia needs a Statewide versus jurisdictional database!!!!

I searched GDC Criminal/Traffic for the above counties (search terms used: Taylor, Rand) and found nothing.

Someone posted about a commercial structure fire in Lovingston a couple days ago that they heard on the scanner feed.
Yes, but it was the day we were waiting for his name to be released...he was in jail. But, if he has a partner at home... :(

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9751553#post9751553"]VA Alexis Murphy timeline and media thread *no discussion* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

timeline and media thread

That would rule him out in the Alicia Reynolds/Anne McDaniel cases if that is the case.
Nope, not if he got early realease as in serve one day get credit for two. That could put him outside as early as January 1995. Because the arrest came down in Oct 1992. So, depending on if he waited in jail and got credit for time served and then got two for one credit...he may have been out by that time.

RSBM: I found a picture of the car. It could not have been towed- as the front of the car is facing the curb. It is a front wheel drive- and must be towed with the front in the air, back wheels on the ground. Unless he put the towing vehicle up on that curbed grass....

http://www.blueridgelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/murphy-car-rr-2.jpg

Also- they tracked A scent to the clubhouse. They did not specify whose scent.

I believe you are correct in thinking he dropped the car off there & got a ride from the clubhouse.

Sorry if somebody else already answered this -- I'm still catching up from overnight.

My dad was a mechanic. He didn't regularly operate a tow truck but there were a few times he did have to tow a vehicle in from somewhere, and often I went with him. He did have one of those under-wheel dollies. It's pretty difficult to put a towed car into a parking space with one of those -- hard to back up no matter which way the car is facing.

What he usually did was tow the car to the front of the space and then push it in (which was why he had me along -- to steer :) ) or if the car was driveable, just start it up and pull it in.

I kind of don't think that's what happened in this case, but that's how it could have been done.

New member and first time posting, so please excuse if I'm not up to par. I have so much to learn from all of you. I started reading on this site back in 2009 during MH's disappearance and was completely blown away at the level of insight and research put into finding out what happened to her.

I know there have bee questions regarding their interaction at the Liberty gas station, and although this doesn't answer the question, I thought this was interesting. This is on her ask account:
Saw yu at liberty in dem flower leggins goodness girl
Lol, word? I was probably pumping gas. 22 days ago

And she was last seen wearing:
Alexis was last seen wearing a pink blouse, floral print (full-length) spandex pants, and brown boots and
was carrying a dark and light-colored grey purse

(AKA flowered leggings)
If someone saw her at that Liberty gas station 12 days before she went missing, wearing the same leggings, maybe her in those pants was something that instantly grabs your attention. Maybe he saw her there before.

As someone who is also into fashion, and very familiar with adding extensions in others' hair, someone with her hair texture usually does not get extensions from Sally's Beauty. It makes more sense for them to be purchased in Lynchburg where there are better choices of beauty supply stores that carry more choices of hair extensions suitable to a more coarse hair type. Again, speaking from experience here.

I apologize in advance if this is irrelevant or if someone already cleared it up.

I am pretty sure that the last known place Morgan Harrington was seen was crossing the Ivy Road Bridge~ which puts it even closer than you previously mentioned!

AND, very near that 7-11 where father/daughter witness were headed.

Ok for the speculation that her car was towed to Charlottesville. I think I can debunk that theory or even a theory that he drove it there himself.

Our local news is covering this case, so naturally they were on the scene when they were investigating the car. When they were investigating the car and had the dogs going around it and checking things out, it sounded like the alarm was going off on the car. You could clearly hear it on the news footage. If the car would have been towed and the alarm would have been activated, it would have been going off long before that and would have been noticed. I personally believe she drove the car to Charlottesville, and activated the alarm on the car once she got out. After that, is anyones guess.

That's just my theory.

Thanks, that's good information.

But if he forced or lured her off the road or something while she was driving, the car would have been wide open and the alarm wouldn't have been set. Even if it's one of those automatic-reset kind, he'd still have the keys to turn the alarm off whenever he wanted.

Even if the car was locked with the alarm set, RAT would would know how to get into the car without activating the alarm, would turn it off for moving, and would almost certainly re-set the alarm after he parked it. He's a repo man; it's part of his basic skill set.

I searched GDC Criminal/Traffic for the above counties (search terms used: Taylor, Rand) and found nothing.

There are two links but they have different stuff on each link.

Here is the database I started with:
http://epwsgdp1.courts.state.va.us/gdcourts/captchaVerification.do?landing=landing

and this is what other poster who found the Charlottesville Arson used:

http://wasdmz2.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/MainMenu.do

The arson was not on the database I used.
Why can't they at least put everything on both links????

Was there ever any note of there being vehicle damage to the car say from a fender bender? He could have bumped her car and then she pulled over to get the insurance information. Just a thought. So many scenarios, in the absence of evidence or a confession it is all just speculation.

I thought the exact same thing a couple pages back. I am still trying to catch up, but I was going to post something similar. I can see him purposely bumping her car to get her to stop...but wouldn't that have been caught on camera? Hmmmm...maybe the FBI has it on camera and are just holding it until they find Alexis??

There are two links but they have different stuff on each link.

Here is the database I started with:
http://epwsgdp1.courts.state.va.us/gdcourts/captchaVerification.do?landing=landing

and this is what other poster who found the Charlottesville Arson used:

http://wasdmz2.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/MainMenu.do

The arson was not on the database I used.
Why can't they at least put everything on both links????

Oh okay so you were searching Circuit Court, too. Circuit is the next level up from General District (which is the "entry level" if you will). Normally appeals are heard there.

I am having a really difficult time figuring out the significance of him being at the adult/lingerie shop. One possibility is that he left a receipt or something that he purchased in her car.

Anyone know of any active searches going on?

I am going through internet news articles, but don't see anything. I know they are searching for her, but wonder where and if they have moved beyond perps home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double