VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone assumes she went north when she left the gas station, but what if she DID go south. Suppose that RAT did manage to get her phone somehow. She takes off, he follows her-going south, pulls up next to her and waves her phone (like, you left this behind). She pulls over to get her phone, probably not on the side of the road, but on the first road that came up. If he timed it right, it could be Stevens Cove Rd, which is pretty wooded. Bad things ensued, he towed the car off, or left her in her car, drove back to his house, walked back to her car and drove her and the car any direction, then the car only north, and got a ride of some sort home.

She might never have reached Lynchburg, but someone travelling south might have seen something they don't realize because everyone thinks she went north.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 1m
CONTD:Randy Taylor, suspect in #AlexisMurphy case, was appointed public defender Scott DeBruin, who has offices in Lovingston and Lynchburg

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 27s
MT: Taylor will be held without bond at Albemarle Charlottesville Regional Jail until his next court appearance on Jan 9, 2014 at 10 a.m.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DATE:August 13, 2013
RE:Alexis Murphy case

An advisement hearing for Randy Allen Taylor, who is charged with abduction in the Alexis Murphy case, was held this afternoon in the Nelson County Juvenile & Domestic Relations District Court.
Judge Kenneth W. Farrar appointed P. Scott DeBruin of Lynchburg, Virginia, to represent Taylor on the abduction charge. Taylor’s next appearance, a preliminary hearing, will be held in the Nelson County Juvenile & Domestic Relations District Court on January 9, 2014 at 10:00 a.m.
The preliminary hearing will only determine whether there is probable cause to send the case to the Nelson County Circuit Court Grand Jury for trial.
Taylor remains held without bail at this time.

https://www.facebook.com/BlueRidgeLife/posts/286849461454592

Are you guys close to the Ky. line? I'm in Pike Co.

No. We're actually 1 county away from Rockingham County, North Carolina. We're in Franklin County (Moonshine capital of the world baby! :rockon: ) lol

We're the county south of Roanoke County.

Hey there twin abby. Sorry your community is going through this. I know what that's like. At least you guys can have peace that he is in custody. When Jessica Ridgeway's abductor was on the loose, we were scared to death.

If you talk to her dad, please let him know there a people all over praying for Alexis' safe return and doing everything we can to help bring her home.

How creepy to have looked into his eyes. I'm pretty sure I saw ARS out walking the day before he was arrested. Still chills me to this day because everyone was inside on what would normally be a beautiful day with everyone out playing sports, biking, etc. He was the only one on the street!!!! I remember seeing him and thinking, "nahhhh, he's too young"...

Anyway, sorry for the o/t. Your local perspective (and all the other locals here) is very important to us here. Any possible info re: the landscape, details about the rural areas, etc. can be helpful in our mapping!

Hoping today is the day that Alexis comes home.

I would be happy to answer any questions about the area or any details whatsoever.

Just a couple of things I would like to mention. The Liberty in Lovingston is a very busy place. It is attached to a McDonalds and is the only major gas station in the area. So, I don't think he attacked her there. If he didn't slip into the car there, then he followed her. If you are headed 29 north, other than car traffic there isn't any major stores, shopping, etc. until you get to Charlottesville.

The area around where Taylor lives is very quiet and is surrounded by woods.

Also, thanks for your kind words. I have been in touch with the family and to be honest, they are not in a good place. And while I believe they are doing their best to be positive, they know the possibility of her coming home safely is slim.

No. We're actually 1 county away from Rockingham County, North Carolina. We're in Franklin County (Moonshine capital of the world baby! :rockon: ) lol

We're the county south of Roanoke County.

I think the Hatfield and McCoy's moonshine would disagree with that!! :floorlaugh:

5 months until a prelim?! Is that normal for the area? He isn't charged with murder (yet), so 5 months way exceeds speedy trial issues.

This is my hometown where I grew up and still currently live. We as a community are devastated.

I have seen Randy Taylor in person and he is creepy. I am obviously obsessed with Alexis' disappearance and am really hoping that she comes home safe and sound. Her family is absolutely wonderful and I have known her dad for over 25 years.

My theory is that he slipped in the car with her at the Liberty Station and then attacked her very soon after leaving there. I have thought all along that they had surveillance video of him at the Liberty. It is a very short distance, as you all know, to his house. He is a regular in Lovingston and I have seen him quite a bit in that area.

Also, Nelson is such a rural area that I think she could be anywhere :(

I don't know about you all, but up until this post, I had been just assuming that RAT had his vehicle at the Liberty gas station. Remember how those people said that they see him walking up and down Route 29? This idea of him slipping into the car with her would make perfect sense. She is in the gas station, he starts talking to her, forces his way into the car with her, forces her to drive somewhere -- maybe to his house since that's the area where the cell phone last pinged? Also, if she were being forced to drive somewhere, maybe that was the point where the person saw the white car driving in a way that seemed out of place. Maybe she was panicking and scared while he was threatening her.

Gap of time in between -- between this point and when the car is dropped at Carmike. Drops the car at Carmike (somehow), walks to the clubhouse, calls a friend to pick him up there, and heads home.

If this theory of him being picked up by a friend is to hold water, though, the friend has to either be terrified or just as evil as he is. Remember Drew Peterson's friend or relative who helped him carry something heavy out of the house -- and later figured out that it was probably Stacy that was in whatever he helped him move. He didn't come forward right away, either, did he? (I cannot remember now.)

further thought:

article upstream said they got the warrant for his house six hours before the car was found.

the "scent" that they tracked to the clubhouse could well have been his scent. They are not looking for Alexis in that area.. but near his house. I think the ccvid they pulled from area businesses already has shown who dumped the car (him) and he would have to somehow get back to his house iykwim. Wonder if this dude has a cell phone. (re: taxi or calls a friend for a ride, etc)

I think it's pretty clear that they have evidence and information that we have no clue about. I wish I was a fly on the wall of their command center...

you are right K! I wish we could find out his release date! I have been looking but not finding much. I guess we could look at his other charges in other counties??? (re: if he has anything new for 96, etc?)

I am going to set up a media and timeline thread for this case so we can put all the info in one area. brb

Thanks for setting up the media/time line thread, Nursie!

among the many useful reasons for having one... I find when I fall behind in reading threads... The media/time line threads help me catch up... And answers many of my questions before I "jump back in"!

:gthanks:

My son was stationed in Norfolk. Praying for justice!

New member and first time posting, so please excuse if I'm not up to par. I have so much to learn from all of you. I started reading on this site back in 2009 during MH's disappearance and was completely blown away at the level of insight and research put into finding out what happened to her.

I know there have bee questions regarding their interaction at the Liberty gas station, and although this doesn't answer the question, I thought this was interesting. This is on her ask account:

http://*******/RealFolarin

And she was last seen wearing:
. http://www.wdbj7.com/blob/view/-/21368062/data/2/-/w01oo9/-/Alexis-Murphy-FBI-poster.pdf

(AKA flowered leggings)
If someone saw her at that Liberty gas station 12 days before she went missing, wearing the same leggings, maybe her in those pants was something that instantly grabs your attention. Maybe he saw her there before.

As someone who is also into fashion, and very familiar with adding extensions in others' hair, someone with her hair texture usually does not get extensions from Sally's Beauty. It makes more sense for them to be purchased in Lynchburg where there are better choices of beauty supply stores that carry more choices of hair extensions suitable to a more coarse hair type. Again, speaking from experience here.

I apologize in advance if this is irrelevant or if someone already cleared it up.

:wagon: Fitmix! :welcome:

good sleuthing! :websleuther:

:seeya:

Anyone know of any active searches going on?

I am going through internet news articles, but don't see anything. I know they are searching for her, but wonder where and if they have moved beyond perps home.

I wonder, too, if there have been less publicized, parallel searches (in other areas) by LE/FBI while the other known searches have been going on...

searches we are not aware of?

:waitasec:

I don't know about you all, but up until this post, I had been just assuming that RAT had his vehicle at the Liberty gas station. Remember how those people said that they see him walking up and down Route 29? This idea of him slipping into the car with her would make perfect sense. She is in the gas station, he starts talking to her, forces his way into the car with her, forces her to drive somewhere -- maybe to his house since that's the area where the cell phone last pinged? Also, if she were being forced to drive somewhere, maybe that was the point where the person saw the white car driving in a way that seemed out of place. Maybe she was panicking and scared while he was threatening her.

Gap of time in between -- between this point and when the car is dropped at Carmike. Drops the car at Carmike (somehow), walks to the clubhouse, calls a friend to pick him up there, and heads home.

If this theory of him being picked up by a friend is to hold water, though, the friend has to either be terrified or just as evil as he is. Remember Drew Peterson's friend or relative who helped him carry something heavy out of the house -- and later figured out that it was probably Stacy that was in whatever he helped him move. He didn't come forward right away, either, did he? (I cannot remember now.)

I still can't seem to find whether he had a valid DL or not. He was charged in Orange Co. with driving with a suspended license once but whether that suspension ended or not is my question. LE has mentioned the Suburban (The FBI have also released a photo of the late-model GMC Suburban Taylor was driving, in the hopes that someone recognizes it. http://wtop.com/120/3418665/Arrest-made-in-Va-teens-abduction) that he was "driving" as if it meant he was driving it in the commission of the crime.

Also, if Alexis was seen talking to him (are we sure of this?) AFTER she went in the store then it is highly unlikely that he sneaked into her car when she wasn't looking. I am inclined to agree with twinbabyg, that he didn't use any force while at the gas station. I'd think someone would have seen and come forward. They may not have done anything to stop it (as evidenced by the story I related about my daughter) but I think they would have come forward. I hope. My gut says he followed her - north or south. Either way isn't very populated.

Expanding a little on this...he could have walked from his house. Maybe he is a regular that hangs out at the gas station? I am from a very small rural town and on any given morning you can walk into the Shell station and find 5-10 older men hanging out drinking coffee and talking. These aren't scary men either, I have seen some of my family there. I think they just get bored and it's a cheap place to meet up. Maybe he walked to see if he could find 'some action'. The possibility of him asking her for a ride is huge as well. She may have given it to him, thinking he's harmless. I pray we find her soon. If anyone hears of volunteer searches, please let me know. I would definitely participate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gerardclori