VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shipman is in mid-Southern VA kind of in the center and VA is in the south-eastern corner of VA near the NC state line on the Atlantic Ocean. I'd say they're about 2 hours away. BUT it's possible RAT has family connections in VAB. I haven't been able to verify it yet though.

Someone else had posted earlier that his family lived/s there. They also posted some arrest records for him from the City of Virginia Beach. He definitely has ties to Virginia Beach. One thing that is different about VAB though compared to Charlottesville/Nelson County is, one is rural and Virginia Beach is a fairly big city. You have Virginia Beach, Newport News, Norfolk, and Chesapeake all intertwined so it's just commonly known as the Tidewater area because it's so big. I personally don't think he'd do any kind of abductions or anything like that in Virginia Beach area. Usually people like to stay within their own comfort zone. His comfort zone is the route 29 area. JMO

Question for you locals...do structures in Virginia have basements, underground areas?

Don't know it this has already been posted, but Nancy Grace is talking about Alexis tonight on her show.

:twocents: they will be looking at

1) any place this guy had contacts or places he could stay and where he was and when

2) they have a lot of date checking to do in terms of #1

3) five months to put together a case for the gJ is a long time. I think they most likely served a warrant on his person (re: dna and hair, etc) and we all know already all warrants are sealed. This would allow for the gj hearing being set in January.

4) They are using the gj for charging back up and need five months to put it all together and that tells me that there is much more going on here.

:twocents:

I'm not sure if they revealed whether they have him on video dumping off AM's car, but if they do, that's the reason no bail/next hearing January '14 and this is huge. Unlike the other cases, if he's involved, that took place on desolate country roads, even if he attacked AM on a desolate country road out in Nelson, he made a strategic mistake dropping off her car in a shopping center. Even if he was emboldened because he's gotten away with other grizzly crimes, he made a mistake because he didn't know what most shopping centers have security these days. Charlottesville now is much more modern/advanced than Culpeper in the 90s. If they find the victim's body, and I think that's what they're looking for at this point, I hope go for "justice," and I've never in my life expressed such a sentiment before.

Quoting myself for reference:

Holy cow, something just popped in my head...I just remembered something...A few months ago I was researching attempted abductions in another case (I can't for the life of me remember which case it was..)...I remember coming across a boatload of recent attempted abductions in Virginia Beach...there were so many I remember making a post about it. I have no idea yet how close this is to Shipman, looking to see if I can find post / thread...

I just found the post I was referring to...
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9634722&postcount=232"]http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9634722&postcount=232[/ame]

Yes. Most houses in that area have basements. I'm not sure about other underground areas.
Yep, subterranean basements are rare in this state, very rare in rural areas. Lots of homes, that are not modular/trailer-type structures, have walkout basement/ground floors though.

Shipman is in mid-Southern VA kind of in the center and VA is in the south-eastern corner of VA near the NC state line on the Atlantic Ocean. I'd say they're about 2 hours away. BUT it's possible RAT has family connections in VAB. I haven't been able to verify it yet though.

More like 3 plus hours away. It takes me just over an hour to get to C'Ville, over 2 to get to Va Beach, in opposite directions. :)

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4

I don't believe that LE feels like he got in her car at the gas station. There are reports that she was engaged with someone at the pumps, and there are reports that he is on camera following her out in his vehicle. He either wooed her back to his place somehow (which is doubtful) or he used the 29 stalker's MO of convincing her that her car was having issues (which is more likely). I feel like he probably told her at the pumps that he followed her in and that her car was sparking underneath or something to that effect. He likely told her that he would follow her out to make sure he wasn't just seeing things, and that he would flash her if it looked bad. He then flashes her, pulls around and motions her to follow him back to his place. Bad stuff ensues.

Also, if they don't get the evidence to pin a murder charge or twelve on him, he will more than likely get bail. A bail hearing is one of the first things his new lawyer will petition for, and I expect it will be soon.

Yep, subterranean basements are rare in this state, very rare in rural areas. Lots of homes, that are not modular/trailer-type structures, have walkout basement/ground floors though.

That is true...most are walk out types as the land is very hilly.

Haven't been able to post much today, but checking thread and dropping by to say I am thinking of Alexis and her family constantly. :rose:

RAT looks just like his nickname in that court pic. He is looking skinny and frail and sickly. I hope his conscience/mind/whatever is gnawing at him from the inside out. TELL WHERE SHE IS! :furious:

Question for you locals...do structures in Virginia have basements, underground areas?

Depends on what part of the state. Some areas (like where I live now), you just can't, because they flood constantly. My dad is in C'Ville, and he does have a dry basement. I would assume that Lovingston is a lot like C'Ville in that way.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4

Let me just throw this out here, I found a business in Chesapeake VA that operated in the 2000s. I found a Randy Taylor in civil court in the VAB area for warrant in debt in 2007, he was listed along with "Brickhouse Body Werks" which is a body/upholstery repair shop that specializes in painting trucks and cars too. It is no longer in business. I am only assuming that RAT could have been an employee of BBW -- it doesn't list a birthdate in the system so I can't be 110% sure. The owner is a female.

Do we have an address on RAT for 2007?

I know that LE hasn't released that CCTV footage of RAT talking to Alexis, but I'm wondering if we know for sure his truck was there. Maybe he got to the gas station on foot. If she was seen driving oddly after, then maybe he incapacitated her somehow at the gas station and drove her away in her car.

How far is his home from the Liberty gas station, again?

I think he used her car to dispose of her body (I know, I know...and I hope I'm mistaken) parked it and then made his way home somehow. I see some of you are thinking about the bus. Could be. I just think that if he had towed her car there somehow, someone would have remembered seeing that.

All IMO
Heay have walked up with a gas can. Heat have even called her by name saying something as simple as, silly me... I ran out of gas isn't that the car you got from our lot? Then she may have felt inclined to offer him a ride to his car. He may even have had her turn on Canary Loop. Then phone is disabled...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966