VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being from the country, myself, I think that the odds that he took a taxi -- especially that far -- are slim to none....

My guess is that if he had help, it was some other low life creepy friend.

Yes...very much agree about no taxi and rides from friends. His friends are probably his drug contacts, so they are not likely to come forward and admit to giving him a ride. Also, if he also stole AM's cash, I can totally see him calling someone up after ditching her car and saying "Do you have any (*advertiser censored* drug), can you meet me (*advertiser censored* place) and can you give me a ride home?" etc. Him traveling around on foot occasionally is probably not a big deal, since his income and habits were sketchy and gas is expensive and he probably got about 10 mpg in that vehicle.

When you're sleuthing addresses and arrests, people, PLEASE be sure you've got the right guy. His name is Randy (apparently not a nickname) Allen (with an 'e') Taylor.

He's not Randall or Randolph. He's not Randy Alan Taylor. He's not Randy Tyler. Those are all different people.

I grant you that some of these records could have a name spelled wrong, etc. but mainly there's a whole lot of information from similarly named people being scooped up with the RAT-related data.

Yes...very much agree about no taxi and rides from friends. His friends are probably his drug contacts, so they are not likely to come forward and admit to giving him a ride. Also, if he also stole AM's cash, I can totally see him calling someone up after ditching her car and saying "Do you have any (*advertiser censored* drug), can you meet me (*advertiser censored* place) and can you give me a ride home?" etc. Him traveling around on foot occasionally is probably not a big deal, since his income and habits were sketchy and gas is expensive and he probably got about 10 mpg in that vehicle.

Do we know he does drugs? Does he have any drug charges on his record? Guess I could go look, but does anyone know off the top of their head?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4

Let me just throw this out here, I found a business in Chesapeake VA that operated in the 2000s. I found a Randy Taylor in civil court in the VAB area for warrant in debt in 2007, he was listed along with "Brickhouse Body Werks" which is a body/upholstery repair shop that specializes in painting trucks and cars too. It is no longer in business. I am only assuming that RAT could have been an employee of BBW -- it doesn't list a birthdate in the system so I can't be 110% sure. The owner is a female.

Do we have an address on RAT for 2007?

Okay. I'm freaking out. We had a long talk about car paint in the other Virginia thread (not saying there is a relation). Need to get nerosleuth in here.

Do we know he does drugs? Does he have any drug charges on his record? Guess I could go look, but does anyone knows off the top of their head?

Off the top of my head, no. Just speeding tickets, arson, stalking.

When you're sleuthing addresses and arrests, people, PLEASE be sure you've got the right guy. His name is Randy (apparently not a nickname) Allen (with an 'e') Taylor.

He's not Randall or Randolph. He's not Randy Alan Taylor. He's not Randy Tyler. Those are all different people.

I grant you that some of these records could have a name spelled wrong, etc. but mainly there's a whole lot of information from similarly named people being scooped up with the RAT-related data.

:bump:
Wow. Awesome awesome. Thanks for this. This will help things a lot!

Agreed, sometimes there can be a discrepancy in correct spellings that appear on public records. I have experienced that firsthand.

I would be happy to answer any questions about the area or any details whatsoever.

Just a couple of things I would like to mention. The Liberty in Lovingston is a very busy place. It is attached to a McDonalds and is the only major gas station in the area. So, I don't think he attacked her there. If he didn't slip into the car there, then he followed her. If you are headed 29 north, other than car traffic there isn't any major stores, shopping, etc. until you get to Charlottesville.

The area around where Taylor lives is very quiet and is surrounded by woods.

Also, thanks for your kind words. I have been in touch with the family and to be honest, they are not in a good place. And while I believe they are doing their best to be positive, they know the possibility of her coming home safely is slim.

Hi there--

Like you, I am from the area. I cannot count how many times I have passed this guys house. I wish LE was asking for help to search! I never thought about it, but it makes sense for him to slip in her car. How many of us really look in the back seat when we get in the car. We all want answers, but more than anything I want AM to come home and for her family to find peace!

Did anyone see he had charges in Culpeper, VA in 2010?

Assault, Petit Larceny <$200, Attempt to Burglar at Night (Felony)

Off the top of my head, no. Just speeding tickets, arson, stalking.

Thank you. I'm just wondering why we're assuming he does drugs. Looks more to me like an alcoholic! Just my opinion.

Thank you. I'm just wondering why we're assuming he does drugs. Looks more to me like an alcoholic! Just my opinion.

It might've been from me posting "$5 says it's a meth lab" in regards to the trailer pic :X

Did anyone see he had charges in Culpeper, VA in 2010?

Assault, Petit Larceny <$200, Attempt to Burglar at Night (Felony)

I think one of the newspaper articles mentioned that.

I'm sorry, I hate to ask this (don't think I really want to know :( )...
Do we know if he made any purchases at the adult store, and if so, what were they? :(

I don't think those charges are all his. In fact, I'm fairly sure at least half of them belong to different people with similar name but different date of birth.

It seems like his legal name might really be "Randy", not Randolph or Randall. I know one of the news outlets said Randolph, but I don't see any court records for a Randolph Allen. They all say Randy. But there are still a lot of charges. It's also interesting if you cross-reference the plaintiffs on some of the charges.

ETA: I posted this ^^^ before seeing your recent post. Thank you for pointing this out clearly...it was driving me crazy :)

GC08003447-00 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN 10/15/2008 09:30 AM DESTRUCT PROP W/INTENT <$1000
GC11001580-00 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN 08/17/2011 10:30 AM DWI, 1ST
GC11001581-00 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN 08/17/2011 10:30 AM CONCEALED WEAPON: CARRY
GC11001582-00 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN 08/17/2011 10:30 AM NONVIOL FELON POSS GUN W/I 10Y
GC13000679-00 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN 03/27/2013 09:30 AM PETIT LARCENY Mark For Payment

GT09003832-00 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN 09/23/2009 10:30 AM 47/35 SP
GT09003833-00 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN 09/23/2009 10:30 AM SAFETY BELT VIOLATION
GT11001584-00 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN 08/17/2011 10:30 AM DRIV ON SUSP LIC/FINE & COST
GT11001585-00 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN 08/17/2011 10:30 AM DEFECTIVE EQUIPMENT GENERALLY
GT11003425-00 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN 12/07/2011 10:30 AM DRIV UNDER REVO/SUSPENSION
GT11003425-01 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN 12/07/2011 10:30 AM CA/FTA ON 11/09/11 Mark For Payment
PAST DUE
GT11003443-00 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN 10/12/2011 10:30 AM 60/45 SP Mark For Payment
PAST DUE
GT12000263-00 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN 05/02/2012 09:30 AM FAIL TO STOP/ ACCIDENT - MISD Mark For Payment
PAST DUE
GT12000263-01 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN 05/02/2012 09:30 AM FAIL TO APPEAR; CONTEMPT Mark For Payment
PAST DUE
GT12000264-00 TAYLOR, RANDY ALLEN 05/02/2012 09:30 AM DRIV UNDER REVO/SUSPENSION

Greene Co.

I know Just K has posted all of this before, just thought I'd remind y'all ;)

Do we know he does drugs? Does he have any drug charges on his record? Guess I could go look, but does anyone know off the top of their head?

yes he does.

Has anyone thought that maybe he used that camper to transport AM somewhere else, and dispose of her body in another location. If so then they are surely and hopefully will get some ID's from it. Just a thought, but it would be an effective way to not get noticed and not have anyone near his place. Are there any camper RV parks in that area? Again as always, JMO.

Good idea!

and LE would be able to take soil/vegetation samples from tires/undercarriage/etc. to see which particular area he would have gone!

JMO

I'm sorry, I hate to ask this (don't think I really want to know :( )...
Do we know if he made any purchases at the adult store, and if so, what were they? :(
The nbc29.com story said he "made a purchase" on Saturday night, but I'm willing to bet what he purchased is "sensitive" information.

I don't believe that LE feels like he got in her car at the gas station. There are reports that she was engaged with someone at the pumps, and there are reports that he is on camera following her out in his vehicle. He either wooed her back to his place somehow (which is doubtful) or he used the 29 stalker's MO of convincing her that her car was having issues (which is more likely). I feel like he probably told her at the pumps that he followed her in and that her car was sparking underneath or something to that effect. He likely told her that he would follow her out to make sure he wasn't just seeing things, and that he would flash her if it looked bad. He then flashes her, pulls around and motions her to follow him back to his place. Bad stuff ensues.

Also, if they don't get the evidence to pin a murder charge or twelve on him, he will more than likely get bail. A bail hearing is one of the first things his new lawyer will petition for, and I expect it will be soon.

No way! Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members