VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see a timeline that includes his dates of incarceration, criminal history, employment history and unsolved cases involving missing or murdered women within a 100-mile radius of where he lived at the time. I bet the feds are having a hard look at that kind of information. I'd also like to know more about his juvie record and his parents.

Okay, here's a map with all the verified addresses I can find associated with RAT, and the critical locations for Samantha Clarke and Alexis Murphy--Carmike where the car was found, Ultimate Bliss store, Samantha's home, the pond they searched for her, etc. The points are all labeled if you're curious but mainly I'm trying to develop a map of his comfort zone. There's no attempt at chronology -- these are just places that might be associated.

The earliest location I have on here is the Ruckersville address, which I think is something like 2003. Would like to know where he lived before that.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...iN1Z-yn_woLtvia0iTEuJyjzPCfYZA&mra=ls&t=m&z=9

Really interesting....hope you dont mind, but I added the location of RAT's home in Lovingston. https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...FmfpymTOOfOKzO0iTE4RAIxiFmfpw&mra=ls&t=m&z=10

im terrified that he was arrested but she's alive somewhere. i know the odds aren't good, but what if? she needs water, food...

Okay, here's a map with all the verified addresses I can find associated with RAT, and the critical locations for Samantha Clarke and Alexis Murphy--Carmike where the car was found, Ultimate Bliss store, Samantha's home, the pond they searched for her, etc. The points are all labeled if you're curious but mainly I'm trying to develop a map of his comfort zone. There's no attempt at chronology -- these are just places that might be associated.

The earliest location I have on here is the Ruckersville address, which I think is something like 2003. Would like to know where he lived before that.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...iN1Z-yn_woLtvia0iTEuJyjzPCfYZA&mra=ls&t=m&z=9

:rockon:

17-year-old Alexis Murphy was last seen at approximately 7:15 pm on Saturday, August 3. Her car was found abandoned a few days later. Alexis is still missing.

alexis-murphy-2.jpg
alexissurv1_296.jpg
alexsurv2_296.png

Randy Allen Taylor has been arrested and charged with the abduction of Alexis. If you've seen him or his truck in the last week, please call the tip line.

BReUHAOCUAAsG1P.jpg:large
23111299_BG3.jpg

Anyone with any information on Alexis Murphy or Randy Taylor is asked to call the the Nelson County Sheriff's Office tip line at 434-263-7050.

Case Map - http://goo.gl/maps/zJRgO

Thread #1

Thread #2

Bringing forward nurse's map and links too!
<going back to my self imposed timeout corner>

Hopefully no judge in their right mind will release him on bond -- he's too much of a flight risk IMO.

The charge itself more than likely does not warrant a 'no bail' ruling. That's usually reserved for murder and the like, and even then many folks are granted bail.

Again, I bet his lawyer is drawing up the motion for a bail hearing as we speak - if he hasn't already submitted it. A bail hearing isn't just helpful to the client - it is helpful to the lawyer as well. It forces the state to reveal evidence - enough that it would be grounds for bail denial. That kind of evidence would have to be compelling and damning.

im terrified that he was arrested but she's alive somewhere. i know the odds aren't good, but what if? she needs water, food...

I know, I am just thinking the same thing (thats why I just asked if he has been known to keep any victims alive as captives, and also why I'm wondering about underground structures, vacant buildings, etc. :( ...Agreed, just how you said it: "odds aren't good, but WHAT IF?" How long can someone survive without food and water?

I'm pretty sure K is his address, right?

Perhaps I'm mistaken, I thought all of the search activity was directly across from Cannery loop at Country Lane. My mind is so jumbled with all of this...I've been taking it all in too fast. I very well could be wrong and if so, I apologize!

I found this board from googling and signed up for this board in order to explain something about the parking lot at the Carmike. I'm sorry I couldn't find the original thread to quote it.

The Carmike *is* in a quiet spot off Rt. 29, but its parking lot is adjacent to the ACAC gym parking lot, which is constantly full from 6 am to 10 at night. Overflow cars from the ACAC lot are allowed to park in the Carmike lot, which is just down a set of steps. So even though you could argue that the Carmike lot is quiet, it is not remote in the way some have assumed.

Also someone said something about "having a beer" at the Arden Place Clubhouse. It's not that kind of clubhouse. Arden Place is a so-called "luxury" apartment complex and the clubhouse is just a gym/pool/meeting space. Right next door to Arden Place, however, are several less exclusive apartment complexes where criminal activity occasionally takes place.

Hi all!!! Brand new here.
Not sure if anyone noticed this but it stood out to me. In the link below, the ladies interviewed in the Alicia Showalters Reynolds case kept stating how concerned the guy was for their safety. For those who read the article in the Hook about SC, and how he was so concerned for her safety...anyone see a connection???
http://www.darrellrice.org/news/chapter_1_Clues_Point_to_a_serial_killer.htm

:welcome: Ssnva! :wagon:

good connection!

:seeya:

SC records are a B-word to look through -- there's no DOB for comparison. :(

I found this board from googling and signed up for this board in order to explain something about the parking lot at the Carmike. I'm sorry I couldn't find the original thread to quote it.

The Carmike *is* in a quiet spot off Rt. 29, but its parking lot is adjacent to the ACAC gym parking lot, which is constantly full from 6 am to 10 at night. Overflow cars from the ACAC lot are allowed to park in the Carmike lot, which is just down a set of steps. So even though you could argue that the Carmike lot is quiet, it is not remote in the way some have assumed.

Also someone said something about "having a beer" at the Arden Place Clubhouse. It's not that kind of clubhouse. Arden Place is a so-called "luxury" apartment complex and the clubhouse is just a gym/pool/meeting space. Right next door to Arden Place, however, are several less exclusive apartment complexes where criminal activity occasionally takes place.

Welcome ssnva and CvilleMama! Thanks for your local input!

:welcome:

The charge itself more than likely does not warrant a 'no bail' ruling. That's usually reserved for murder and the like, and even then many folks are granted bail.

Again, I bet his lawyer is drawing up the motion for a bail hearing as we speak - if he hasn't already submitted it. A bail hearing isn't just helpful to the client - it is helpful to the lawyer as well. It forces the state to reveal evidence - enough that it would be grounds for bail denial. That kind of evidence would have to be compelling and damning.

Is that the same thing as a "discovery motion" or contain the same type of disclosure of evidence?

Just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member