vacant buildings
barns
hunting leases
sheds, cabins
junkyards / scrap metal yard
boats?
tunnels / underground areas
landfill :(

* ok, since RAT's house is all overgrown, and he has a camper, etc....chances are there might be some creepy cabin nearby all overgrown and hidden as well? As an experienced predator, he might have an offsite special place for these types of activities :puke:, assuming his home isn't the main crime scene.

Hmm...

Was the camper in a wooded area? I would check around there for caves, old tunnels, abandoned buildings and wells, anything recently dug, any abandoned mines, silo sites, old parks and their buildings, etc... Even roadsides he would drive down, he just toss and go. Unfortunately, all of this is a vast country side of woods and hills, lots and lots of woods, so, if he knew his way around, and knew how not to disturb plants and trees, a search could literally take years.

If he had a computer or computer activity that might give some info of familiar areas to him if he posted or emailed anywhere. The thing is finding areas that were familiar and comfortable to him.

Crazy question....any caves around there??!

There are tons of commercial caves in the Central Virginia region, but not any caves that I know of in that immediate vicinity. However, that isn't to say that there aren't some smaller ones that are unknown to most people.

there are actually quite a few small caves around here.. not big underground caverns... but on the property I lived on growing up in Nelson we had one... it had a hole you had to crawl through... opened up into a small room that you could not stand up in, had to be very bent over, and another smaller room you had to crawl into... nothing big... but still that was just one on our property.. and there are others around that are smaller and others bigger... lots of moonshiners caves up in the hills and over yonder, as we say round here...

I moved to Nelson at the age of eight... I now live on the Amherst/Nelson county Line with all of my family still in nelson... you may as well consider the two counties to be one in many ways.... we go through or into nelson on almost a daily basis... so from the age of 8 until present, I know the area.. and Im in my 40's now... I know this area well... as a teen (went to Nelson County High) I was rebellious, drank and did all sorts of teen stuff I shouldn't have... I know the back roads, the terrain, the places to go get messed up without worry of others coming up on you... my hubby who has lived here since his teens is the same... all the old drinking roads and haunts, etc... and with all of that there are sooooooooooooooo many places that nobody has been too, meaning rarely touched by humans, type places, around here... and so many of the places we used to go to decades ago, are now paths all grown over and most forgotten about... and theres tons of stuff like that around these parts... just saying... as a means of giving some more idea of the lay of the land around here...

also, in case anyone wants to follow... Dhomonique Ricks from wset13 on her FB is researching all records on RAT going back 20 years, run ins that UBliss shop's family had with RAT previously, etc.. according to her posts on her page and will be reporting them at the 5pm and later broadcasts

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dhomonique-Ricks/118639798214537?hc_location=stream

also I wanted to respond to some other things I had multi-qouted but lost it somehow, so gotta go back and look it all up again... but off the top of my head, i remembered reading in one of the 29 stalker articles that someone posted on here that 29stalker had gotten the three women to put something in windows of their cars before riding off with him... I think it was early 2012 that an older woman, Gene Braxton? was found in a local pond with her "disabled vehicle" parked along side the road with a white rag in the window... I think she was in her late 60's and it was attributed to her getting lost in the dark and not seeing the pond as she walked for help... this pond and her car were right beside 29... I never heard anything in the news about it after that though... may be absolute coincidence.. or could be an out of practice 29 stalker making a trial run on an older person.... massively just opinion and speculation... but thought it was interesting... and I will find the link.... I promise.. wait here is one link but not the one I was looking for http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Police_ID_Body_Found_in_Amherst_County_Pond_136662843.html

here is another... http://www.wsls.com/story/20858914/body-found-in-amherst-county-identified

Fletcher's level comes right out on 29 (connects 29 and 151).. anyway, this is only a few minutes down 29 (in local terms of driving) from lovingston area
again.... PER SPECULATION on my part

I know I asked this upstream, still trying to catch up, what are his hobbies, past times (other than abducting women)?

Alexis Murphy abduction suspect Randy Taylor appeared in court for an advisement hearing earlier today.
Watch now:

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/web...y/-/20128466/21452814/-/10xs1grz/-/index.html

Taylor was originally supposed to appear via video conference, but there was an equipment malfunction.

"He is being held without bond at the Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail"

<edit: omg, what a frail pig. HE LOOKS SO SMUG! Yep, NO WAY he's gonna talk. :( JMO

He has (probably) managed to keep Samantha well hidden for three years now. I have a feeling Alexis may be no easier to locate.

In the state of VA there is a presumption of no bond for a charge like this.

Right. THe presumption has clearly been demonstrated by the magistrate upon arrest and the judge who arraigned him. However, if the state doesn't have compelling enough evidence that justifies that presumption, then he walks on bail. In other words, the state will have to play many - if not most - of its cards much sooner than it would like.

Of course, the ideal situation would be finding Alexis and adding a capital murder charge, or tacking one or more abductions/murders on him from prior activity. No way charges of forceful abduction coupled with capital murder of a minor would be granted bail. The current charge only though? Maybe.

Wondering about that too. I have seen abandoned cars sitting in tow yards for quite a while before someone thought to check...on a few occasions, they had bodies in the trunk. Sometimes they are picked up by independent tow trucks and hauled off for chop shops or scrap. Dumped in a river or lake, hidden in woods or inside a structure like an abandoned garage or barn are some other ideas.

this was something else I had wanted to quote about earlier but lost the quote thingy for... all along 29 in Nelson, in Amherst... going north, going south... if you see someone broken down, pulled over, two cars pulled over, a tow truck, abandoned car, etc... you notice it... you have to understand the culture here... this is the type of place where we all wave to each passing car as we are driving! if we see someone on the side of the road we look to see if we need to stop and offer help, even strangers... people from out of town get freaked out because they don't know why everyone is waving at them or lifting their fingers off their steering wheels in this mini salute gesture with every car they pass, its such a big deal the local paper carried an article about all the different styles of waves people do!! the two finger, the whole hand, the one finger lift, etc... its a thing! if he had pulled her over under false pretense with another vehicle, or if her car had sat on the side of the road by itself... it would have not only been noticed, but it would have been noticed and reported by multiple people... in my opinion...

He has (probably) managed to keep Samantha well hidden for three years now. I have a feeling Alexis may be no easier to locate.

:seeya:Cluciano-I was just going to say the same thing

Samantha is well hidden & I believe he prolly took Alexis to the same area

he had 2 days to hide her,before her car was found

Ok, any abandoned repo garages / commercial buildings?

I know, I agree Syra and Cluc. :(

Right. THe presumption has clearly been demonstrated by the magistrate upon arrest and the judge who arraigned him. However, if the state doesn't have eompelling enough evidence that justifies that presumption, then he walks on bail. In other words, the state will have to play many - if not most - of its cards much sooner than they'd like.

Of course, the ideal situation would be finding Alexis and adding a capital murder charge, or tacking one or more abductions/murders on him from prior activity. No way charges of forceful abduction coupled with capital murder of a minor would be granted bail. The current charge only? Maybe.

But the judge is going to have to look at his criminal history and determine if he is a.) a flight risk, b.) a danger to himself, c.) a danger to others. I don't know if they take nolle prossed charges into consideration but simply looking at his rap sheet you can tell he is a vagrant criminal and is a danger to others and himself. Off the top of my head I can't recall if he was ever convicted of any felonies per http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+19.2-297.1 but I'd be willing to bet they won't let him back out on the streets.

And I hate to say this

but there are prolly more bodies than Sam& Alexis's hidden in his hiding spot!!

He will never tell the families where they are!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member