VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The charge itself more than likely does not warrant a 'no bail' ruling. That's usually reserved for murder and the like, and even then many folks are granted bail.

Again, I bet his lawyer is drawing up the motion for a bail hearing as we speak - if he hasn't already submitted it. A bail hearing isn't just helpful to the client - it is helpful to the lawyer as well. It forces the state to reveal evidence - enough that it would be grounds for bail denial. That kind of evidence would have to be compelling and damning.

I know someone in jail right now, awaiting trial for abduction (his gf and he were arguing and he wouldn't let her leave the house), and he got a very high bail, but his attorney told him his charges usually do not get bail. He's not a friend or anything, just know of him through other people, so not sure of any other details. So, I'm thinking no bail for RAT... not a chance they'd let that happen.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4

Crazy question....any caves around there??!

There are tons of commercial caves in the Central Virginia region, but not any caves that I know of in that immediate vicinity. However, that isn't to say that there aren't some smaller ones that are unknown to most people.

Guys I don't think he lived in Florida.... I found a Randy A Taylor but he has a completely different middle name. Same birth year (1964) though.

Haven't been able to post much today, but checking thread and dropping by to say I am thinking of Alexis and her family constantly. :rose:

RAT looks just like his nickname in that court pic. He is looking skinny and frail and sickly. I hope his conscience/mind/whatever is gnawing at him from the inside out. TELL WHERE SHE IS! :furious:

Unfortunately, I doubt he has a conscience. :( That's what makes him who he is, and why we are all here right now. :(

Thanks. I'm still going to keep my theory in mind.

SBM. I'm sorry you are feeling so distraught over this. I don't live nearby, but can imagine how anxious the community is.

Re: the phone. I think that is a very interesting theory and I agree that it is in the realm of possibility.

Yes, very vague details. There is this:

"We knew he had a past, because he’d been honest with us," Taylor’s employer, Tere Vann, said Monday at the Ruckersville car lot where he’s worked off and on for the past five years."

But that doesn't tell us much.
http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/article_7945f6ac-0365-11e3-9eb7-0019bb30f31a.html
I hope it is okay to post this here...

I googled Drive Away Motors, Ruckersville, VA, last night...

the General Manager for that place of business is Tere Vann

Address::

Drive Away Motors
8525 Seminole Trail
Ruckersville, VA. 22968

FYI...

Ok, this is a total stretch, reaching, I know.... But its Daffy Duck on his neck, right? So, he likes ducks, or is into duck hunting, perhaps? If so, what would be some locations that duck hunters might frequent?

Is that the same thing as a "discovery motion" or contain the same type of disclosure of evidence?

Just wondering.

The simple explanation.

A Motion for Discovery will only net you what is asked for in the Motion. (And there is a time limit for a Response, don't know how long in that area, but let us say 30 days to file a Response as an example.) You can ask for specifics if you know what you are looking at, but if filed immediately you only ask for basics as you have no idea what specifics the Prosecution is aiming for.

If a bond hearing is held, the Prosecutor will have to give specific info as to why to withhold bond that the defense attorney may not know about yet. It will have to be given immediately and defense has that much more info to work with and can now ask for more specific info.

Hope that makes sense.

There are tons of commercial caves in the Central Virginia region, but not any caves that I know of in that immediate vicinity. However, that isn't to say that there aren't some smaller ones that are unknown to most people.

Local and State Spelunker clubs and the National Cave/Mine Rescue Association would be a good source for any known caves in the area and their difficulty of access.

Ok, this is a total stretch, reaching, I know.... But its Daffy Duck on his neck, right? So, he likes ducks, or is into duck hunting, perhaps? If so, what would be some locations that duck hunters might frequent?

Hunting for sure with a camo truck.

Have no idea why Daffy Duck in a rage, unless someone told him that is how he looks when angry, lol. Duck hunting is a better guess.

I'm guessing no impulse control though, so doubt he faired well as any kind of hunter, well, hunter of food sources that is, not people.

The charge itself more than likely does not warrant a 'no bail' ruling. That's usually reserved for murder and the like, and even then many folks are granted bail.

Again, I bet his lawyer is drawing up the motion for a bail hearing as we speak - if he hasn't already submitted it. A bail hearing isn't just helpful to the client - it is helpful to the lawyer as well. It forces the state to reveal evidence - enough that it would be grounds for bail denial. That kind of evidence would have to be compelling and damning.

In the state of VA there is a presumption of no bond for a charge like this.

Ok, another reach, I see "Naked Mountain" on a map (lots of peaks, actually)...sounds like something a perv might find symbolic...

One of the reports from the SC case mentioned they searched a camp site called 'Green Acres'. This is where the two twenty something acquaintences suggested he partied at and took people to.
I had an aerial look at the following site for the camo truck or camper van, but couldnt see anything.
Not sure if this is even the camp site in question, but it's the nearest to his home area. also almost equidistant from Lovingston and Virginia Beach.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Lovingston,+VA,+United+States&daddr=Green+Acres,+United+States&hl=en&ll=37.605528,-76.536255&spn=1.523131,2.114868&sll=37.168353,-77.501893&sspn=0.011969,0.016522&geocode=FT8rQAIdJodM-yk7tVqrmRKziTFuVqRASBiqzA%3BFVUUNwIdmj9h-ykLeHcbIaOxiTGVfoiZtXTHXA&t=h&mra=ls&z=8

Good catch! :thumb:

From the link above- it is stated he purchased movies- and that he was there at 5pm the day she went missing.
Ah, well the nbc story I read when I got up this morning. it may not have been up to date.

Do we know he does drugs? Does he have any drug charges on his record? Guess I could go look, but does anyone know off the top of their head?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4

There is no way to know for sure, but if I were a betting person... Someone else already pointed out the possession charge, which by itself is no huge deal. But, based on his appearance, and the deterioration of his appearance since previous mugshot, there is something going on. He looks extremely unhealthy. Prescription drug abuse is a big problem in rural Virginia, as is meth, and alcohol is pretty much a given. Also, looking at the big picture, with the numerous theft and assault charges...to me they point to a lifestyle geared toward supporting a habit.

is it possible AM's car was abandoned beside the road and someone totally unrelated to the crime took it for a joyride??

IDK if the FBI is still up on that hill down that treed street where they were yesterday, but if they're sticking to that area, they must strongly believe they'll turn up something, especially if that's where they were picking up her cellphone, even a week after her abduction.

Deer hunting tends to be more popular in these parts. It could just very well be a memory from his childhood. He's about my age and I grew up watching Looney Toons. Maybe it was a nickname or something at one time.

Deer hunting tends to be more popular in these parts. It could just very well be a memory from his childhood. He's about my age and I grew up watching Looney Toons. Maybe it was a nickname or something at one time.

Great cartoons, those Looney Tones ("Duck Season, Rabbit Season, Duck Season, Rabbit Season, Rabbit Season, Duck Season!!" One of the best reverse psychology tactics ever! This doesnt deserve to be wearing Daffy.

Ok, so a list of deer lease areas could prove helpful.

is it possible AM's car was abandoned beside the road and someone totally unrelated to the crime took it for a joyride??

Wondering about that too. I have seen abandoned cars sitting in tow yards for quite a while before someone thought to check...on a few occasions, they had bodies in the trunk. Sometimes they are picked up by independent tow trucks and hauled off for chop shops or scrap. Dumped in a river or lake, hidden in woods or inside a structure like an abandoned garage or barn are some other ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patuniapicklebottoms