VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to this site and actually found it when looking for info on Amy Bradley. Just wondered if anyone could kindly point me in the direction of more detail on the San Francisco sighting....?

I'm aware of the sightings on Curacao and also Barbados and they seem very credible. I just find it strange that whoever took Amy would ever take her to back to the States...?

The fact that Amy was seen on the beach in Curacao, in broad daylight, with two 'minders', suggests that whoever took her felt very safe - could it be that someone 'high up' or very wealthy who lives in Curacao was behind the abduction? i.e. that Amy was not kidnapped to be used as a prostitute but was taken on the demand of one specific person who had seen her on that cruise OR who had been told about her by an associate who was on the cruise ship....?

My apologies if these things have been suggested before - am trying to catch up with the whole thread but not quite there yet :)

That's it. That's the video. Paul Baxter and Alexisz brought a production company into the resort to make that video.

*gasp* I thought they were chased out by Chavez before the video could be done! Awesome, elepher! :applause:

From CNN.com in 2011:

I don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth, but now I'm trying to remember: Was there a timestamp on the video of Yellow dancing with Amy? Wasn't it after 1:00 a.m.?

(Will edit to add source URL. Can only copy and paste one thing at a time via phone.) :p

ETA: Source link: http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/31/grace.coldcase.bradley/index.html

I don't have access to the video right at this miniute, but you could be absolutely correct. I know that Brad and Amy didn't return to the room until 3:35 AM. They were up in that open disco area for hours. Douglas did claim that he left the disco at 1:00 AM after Amy had a drink with the band. I have no idea what the FBI did with all of that information and of course, they don't share polygraphs.

From ABCNews.com (2012) ...

Merrian Carver

Merrian Carver, 40, of Cambridge, Mass., vanished aboard the Celebrity Cruises ship Mercury on the second night of a seven-day Alaskan cruise in August, 2004. The cruise line never reported Carver's disappearance to her family and donated the clothing she left behind to charity.

Carver's parents spent $75,000 on a private investigation to find their daughter but said that investigators' work was stymied by Royal Carribbean, which owns Celebrity Cruises. The family was also disturbed to learn that Carver's cabin attendant, Domingo Monteiro, said he reported the woman missing to his boss for several days but no action was taken. That boss was later fired by the cruise line.

"That was probably one of the worst days of my life, to figure out that they knew Merrian was missing," Carver's father, Kendall Carver, told ABC News in 2006. "If only they had done something during that cruise, when she was reported missing daily, we would have known."

Royal Caribbean later issued a statement saying it appeared Carver had committed suicide on the ship. The statement angered Carver's family.

Kendall Carver said it was possible that his daughter may have committed suicide, but that Royal Caribbean's handling of the case would prevent the family from ever knowing the truth.

Kendall Carver is now the president of the International Cruise Victims Association, a non-profit organization that represents victims of crimes on cruise ships and their families. Read his testimony to Congress on cruise ship safety here.

Be right back with source URL. :)

ETA: Source: http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=15380865

I'm new to this site and actually found it when looking for info on Amy Bradley. Just wondered if anyone could kindly point me in the direction of more detail on the San Francisco sighting....?

I'm aware of the sightings on Curacao and also Barbados and they seem very credible. I just find it strange that whoever took Amy would ever take her to back to the States...?

The fact that Amy was seen on the beach in Curacao, in broad daylight, with two 'minders', suggests that whoever took her felt very safe - could it be that someone 'high up' or very wealthy who lives in Curacao was behind the abduction? i.e. that Amy was not kidnapped to be used as a prostitute but was taken on the demand of one specific person who had seen her on that cruise OR who had been told about her by an associate who was on the cruise ship....?

My apologies if these things have been suggested before - am trying to catch up with the whole thread but not quite there yet :)

Details of the San Francisco sightings are scattered through the thread. She was seen in San Francisco on April 18, 2003. The sighting has been verified.

Your thoughts on someone in Curacao could be very real.

Pier 39 and Amy and the two handlers were spotted as they watched a street musician.

Jaime, I have never heard of this woman and the story sounds so much like Amy's. Royal Caribbean tried to push the theory that Amy jumped or fell overboard. I have said several times that I really believe that Amy might not be alone.

Wasn't sure if the Bradleys know/knew her father given the organization he started and his testimony in Congress. And I thought exactly the same thing re: the similarities. Would love more info on who that fired boss was.

Are there any records indicating if any individuals, staff or tourists, who disembarked at the port and failed to return. I've never had the opportunity to take a cruise. Many of my immediate family members have been on Renaissance Cruises.

This will surprise no one, I'm sure ...

It doesn’t make any difference if you are a passenger or a crew member. Cruise lines treat crime on board their vessels the same way. Evidence is destroyed, covered up, or in my case, ignored all together. The lines of investigating authorities are blurred. If this happened to me on board a US flagged vessel, imagine the confusion of being a crime victim on a foreign flagged vessel. You must realize the laws of the country the ship is flagged under apply, not the country where you live. If you happen to be docked in a foreign country their laws will also apply. When you step on board a cruise ship you are stepping onto foreign soil.

As a crew member, especially on a foreign flagged vessel, the usual response to crime is to fire both parties and put them off at the next port. It is very easy for cruise lines to immediately send the assailant home and away from prosecution. The crime victim is usually just fired causing many crew members hesitance in reporting crimes. Cruise lines realize there are 10 people lined up behind you to take your job. This isn’t my opinion; I was told this by one of my supervisors who had been transferred from the international fleet to the American fleet. I was also told to, ”Get over it and get back to work, bad things happen to good people, and we don’t want to see this destroy your career.” My supervisors actually asked me to go back to work beside my rapist.

The cruise industry insists you are safe. (...) The cruise industry spends millions of dollars to lobby against regulations. In the U.S there are now bills before the House and Senate that will do just that…begin to regulate the cruise industry. However, please remember this only applies to U.S. citizens.

http://www.cruisejunkie.com/SA-NCLA.html

From CNN.com in 2011:

I don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth, but now I'm trying to remember: Was there a timestamp on the video of Yellow dancing with Amy? Wasn't it after 1:00 a.m.?

(Will edit to add source URL. Can only copy and paste one thing at a time via phone.) :p

ETA: Source link: http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/31/grace.coldcase.bradley/index.html

ETA2: :waitasec: Wasn't he seen with Amy early the next morning?

I'm sorry Jaime, I got distracted and didn't see your second question. He was seen by several witnesses the next morning. These witnesses have tesified that he was in the glass elevator with Amy and that he was in the open disco area with Amy. One witness testified that he gave Amy a drink containing a dark liquid. The witnesses also claim that they saw Douglas going down in the glass elevator, by himself, without Amy. The witnesses have given statements to the FBI, they took polygraphs, and one witness went to Virginia to testify before a Grand Jury.

Alister Douglas cliams that he didn't see Amy in the morning. He claims that he was asleep in his room when Royal Caribbean officials found him. The FBI says that his polygraph was not conclusive. Alister Douglas also claims that he wasn't in Porto Marie the following August, when David Carmichael saw him.

Wasn't sure if the Bradleys know/knew her father given the organization he started and his testimony in Congress. And I thought exactly the same thing re: the similarities. Would love more info on who that fired boss was.

Iva Bradley is a member of that organization. I must be the one with my thumb in my ear.

CruiseBruise.com ... Amy's photo appears a little more than halfway down the center of the home page beside a link to missing passengers and those believed alive after disappearing from a cruise ship.

There's a lot going on on this home page -- need to dig through all of the info.

http://www.cruisebruise.com/

Are there any records indicating if any individuals, staff or tourists, who disembarked at the port and failed to return. I've never had the opportunity to take a cruise. Many of my immediate family members have been on Renaissance Cruises.

No Teche, there aren't. The country of Curacao should have records of everyone who passed through their Customs and Immigration at the terminal, that day. The Bradleys have never seen this information. I have to wonder if it disappeared along with the surveillance tapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CosDog