VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curacao is about 40 miles from Venezuela. I have posted photographs of the Floating Venezuela Market in Punda. These wooden boats arrive every morning from villages on the coast of Venezuela. These boats are loaded with vegetables and produce. They line up along the canal in Punda, which is directly across from Otrobanda. I seriously doubt if these boats are carefully checked every morning.

I recall the photos you posted. They are known as "gypsy boats," correct? Found info, but not from an MSM source. Don't think I'm allowed to quote and post the link, but I think it's okay to summarize that these boats are neither regulated nor restricted and can sail in and out of Aruba and Curacao’s ports to sell produce and "other commodities" from nearby Colombia and Venezuela.

After 2005, there were changes in ownership for the AAV resort. Prior to this time, it was owned by Alexis Zaglanitis. His manager was Paul Baxter. Zaglanitis had a heart attack and the original hotel, Villas Las Morenas was changed to Hibiscus Hotel. From what I understand, Zaglanitis was not part of the Hibiscus Hotel. When Amy's photo was posted at the website, it was Affordable Adult Vacations, owned by Zaglanitis. When Baxter went on his own for a few years, it was Total Satisfaction. Total Satisfaction was after Amy's photograph had been found on the website. Paul Baxter was working with Zaglanitis, though, when Amy's picture appeared.

Yes. Eduardo Cabrita is the head waiter who was overly attentive and invited Amy to Carlos and Charlies. He is also the one who approached Brad the next morning and expressed how sorry he was to hear that his sister was missing. This was before anyone knew Amy was missing. During his interview with the FBI, Cabrita told them that Iva had been asking what would happen if someone fell off of the ship. Iva never had any discussions with this guy. Iva made several requests for Cabrita to be polygraphed. She was never given any results. The photo below was taken two days before Amy disappeared. Eduardo Cabrita is from Portugual.

attachment.php

That's very interesting as in all the reports I've read, it's Alistair Douglas that is said to have had advance knowledge and who spoke to Brad - so the reports I've seen are wrong then? Just shows how much misinformation there is out there.

That's very interesting as in all the reports I've read, it's Alistair Douglas that is said to have had advance knowledge and who spoke to Brad - so the reports I've seen are wrong then? Just shows how much misinformation there is out there.

I'm not aware of any sources where it says that Alister Douglas spoke to Brad. I don't think Douglas spoke to anyone in the family that morning. He was claiming to be asleep in his room. It was Eduardo Cabrita who approached Brad, very early in the morning.

I'm not aware of any sources where it says that Alister Douglas spoke to Brad. I don't think Douglas spoke to anyone in the family that morning. He was claiming to be asleep in his room. It was Eduardo Cabrita who approached Brad, very early in the morning.

On various other forums where this case is discussed Alister Douglas was named in that context - I don't think I can put links to them on this site? Glad I now have accurate info though.

On various other forums where this case is discussed Alister Douglas was named in that context - I don't think I can put links to them on this site? Glad I now have accurate info though.

Alister Douglas was seen with Amy in the upper disco at about 6:00 AM. This is that last time Amy was seen. Douglas returned down the glass elevator, alone. He reportedly went to his room where he claimed to have been asleep since 1:00 AM when he had last seen Amy in the disco, with Brad.

In the meantime, Amy's family had started looking for her. Ron and Brad went to various decks in search of Amy. Eduardo Cabrita approached Brad at this time and expressed how sorry he was that Amy was missing. Nobody knew Amy was missing at that point.

I can't imagine why anyone would be saying that Alister Douglas spoke to Brad at this time. It doesn't make sense because that would have completely ruined Alister's entire alibi.

Please correct that information when you see it.

Alister Douglas was seen with Amy in the upper disco at about 6:00 AM. This is that last time Amy was seen. Douglas returned down the glass elevator, alone. He reportedly went to his room where he claimed to have been asleep since 1:00 AM when he had last seen Amy in the disco, with Brad.

In the meantime, Amy's family had started looking for her. Ron and Brad went to various decks in search of Amy. Eduardo Cabrita approached Brad at this time and expressed how sorry he was that Amy was missing. Nobody knew Amy was missing at that point.

I can't imagine why anyone would be saying that Alister Douglas spoke to Brad at this time. It doesn't make sense because that would have completely ruined Alister's entire alibi.

Please correct that information when you see it.

I agree, it doesn't make sense in light of his alibi and yes, I'll be sure to correct this mistake next time I see it.

In so many cases it is the last person to see the victim who turns out to be the culprit. How totally and utterly aggravating that Alister Douglas got to just walk away after witnesses saw him with Amy. I really do not know how her family managed to restrain themselves - they are amazing.

Apparently President Chavez did not like the British "Reality" special My Boyfriend is a Sex Tourist. The crew visited the Total Satisfaction resort and displayed them and their guests in a negative light, including two underage companions. Early in 2008 the attitude in Venezuela turned anti American tourist and the hotel licence fee increased by ten times.

http://www.sexcation-review.com/Travel-Caribbean-Mi.html

I want to ask that people please don't go to Cabrita's Facebook. This is not a recent Facebook photo. This photograph of the Tazmanian Devil absolutely haunts me, because Taz is the tattoo on Amy's left shoulder.

attachment.php

Not to mention the irony in the quote about memory being a way to hold on to things you don't ever want to lose....

It is my understanding and by his own admission in writing on the internet that Paul Baxter had control of the pictures that were placed on the AAV website.

I seriously want to know what Paul Baxter knows about where the pictures of Amy came from and how they ended up on the AAV website.

This is Paul Baxter and IMO he knows something:

Attachments

• Paul Baxter.png
    Paul Baxter.png
    204.3 KB · Views: 49
Hey there two guests viewing Amy's thread - join up on Websleuths as your input would be greatly appreciated. The discussion is lively and your contributions may very well help bring Amy home.

We are not really a hard bunch of folks to get along with at all and we would love to have you join in the discussions and searching for Amy.

It is my understanding and by his own admission in writing on the internet that Paul Baxter had control of the pictures that were placed on the AAV website.

I seriously want to know what Paul Baxter knows about where the pictures of Amy came from and how they ended up on the AAV website.

I agree with you that Paul Baxter has to know something along with Zaglanitis. I'm not sure when Baxter gained control, though, While the resort was AAV, Baxter was an underling for Zaglinitis. That all changed around 2005 when Zaglanitis became sick and Affordable Adult Vacations became Total Satisfaction with Baxter in charge. I actually don't know which one of them was doing the website posting in 2002 when Amy's photo first appeared. We're just finding that Amy's photograph was there in 2002, and I don't think they had a website before 2002.

Is there any way to get some dates or a time frame for when Baxter said he was posting pictures?

Is there any way to get some dates or a time frame for when Baxter said he was posting pictures?

In one of the newsletters that Baxter posted after Alexis left, he said that he had control of the content of the website even when Alexis was there. It is in the wayback machine - the "talk" on the internet was "have you got the letter from AAV?". Cripes but I am so horrible with bookmarks - will have to search it out or ask for help finding it from our good WSers on here.

Can someone using a computer please tell me if this looks like the bed frame? I can't get a good enough view on my phone. TIA

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346545292.440208.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346545301.559030.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346545208.909997.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346545208.909997.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online