VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #2 - ***READ FIRST POST***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The article about the witness seeing Amy being put in a taxi by a man with a baseball cap, was that the sighting in dispute because she wasn't wearing shoes?

Has the Bradley family released the exact date that bogus private investigator started getting involved?

Is there an official & legal phone number and/or email to report info to besides directly to Amy's family and the Caribe FBI?

The story has never been verified and it is not believed to be accurate. The man claimed that he saw someone in cowboy boots dragging Amy through the terminal in San Juan, and pushing her into a cab. Once again, this witness failed to notice that Amy didn't have shoes when she disappeared.
OK, here it is

Maybe I am confused about sightings as I am reading furiously to catch up.

The Amy Interupted article, her mom says that Amy brought about ten pairs of shoes and they didn't know at that time if any were missiing

Can I assume that since that article they have realized that shoes are missing?

I'm praying for a professional age enhancement...

Bumping! If anyone is able to do this it would be great. AND please without the wild hair.

I believe we have a member here at WS who does sketches (??)

Established members know WS does not allow the sleuthing of anyone just because they have the same last name. Further, we don't allow anyone to make claims of first hand, personal or insider knowledge of an individual or case without verification.

Please move on from any discussion that has not been approved or does not meet the criteria above. This is a final warning on the subject.

Amy's sighting in San Fran - since authorities moved on that tip really quick, did they verify that sighting with surveillance footage? There's cameras everywhere, even on the house, condos, hotels, etc along the beach - both sides (road & beach).

Sooo, why no releases? Why no screen captures of said surveillance?

What are the exact coordinates of this sighting? I'd like to research if a portion was private property.

This is all very sad.

Does anyone believe she would be recognizable to you today?
I feel strongly that a new age enhanced photo would be helpful.
I am sure certain features remain the same, but age does change appearance

Bumping! If anyone is able to do this it would be great. AND please without the wild hair.

I believe we have a member here at WS who does sketches (??)

Carl from the UID forum does sketches, but, I am unsure if he would do one for us, and I am not really sure that one is needed.

I believe the witness sightings and the online photos to be Amy, but, I am very interested in Carl's opinion on the photo comparison, and was thinking of asking him his opinion on it.

Carl from the UID forum does sketches, but, I am unsure if he would do one for us, and I am not really sure that one is needed.

I believe the witness sightings and the online photos to be Amy, but, I am very interested in Carl's opinion on the photo comparison, and was thinking of asking him his opinion on it.

Yes let's get Carl involved! He is excellent!

I agree a sketch isn't needed since we have a sketch already. We need age progression. But Carl is really good at comparing 2 photos to see if he thinks it's the same person. We have been told that it is the same person but all the media outlets that the family was involved in (Dr. Phil, Vanished) all said that the photo could not be without a doubt said to be Amy. So that's my hesitancy to 100% believe that it is. I just like to stay objective until there is proof and released information from LE or the family directly. Although I feel I do lean towards believing it is Amy, any expert opinions I love to hear from.

I agree. Even if her captors could easily get Amy into America, why on earth then parade her around in such a public, busy place???

It makes no sense whatsoever.

And although we have been told that the sighting was 'verified', what does this actually mean...?

Because let's face it, unless the witness actually managed to speak to the woman to verify it was Amy OR unless the witness was someone who had known her very well, the sighting cannot be described as 'definitely' being Amy.

Even if the witness saw the same tattoos that Amy had, that is still not proof. Those tattoos may have been very popular.

The person who was posting on this thread was a verified insider on the case and said that the San Fran sighting was absolutely legit. Take that for what it is worth.

I disagree about tattoos not being proof. One tattoo...yeah, maybe someone else out there had the same tattoo in the same place. Amy had FOUR tattoos. I realize they might not all be visible, but even have two of the same tattoos in the same places on her body would be proof, in my opinion. The odds of two similar-looking people having the same tattoos in the same places are very slim.

I found this quote in Part II of the Style articles interesting...

"After they got back to Richmond, the Bradleys found a post from another Rhapsody passenger on a cruise-ship computer bulletin board warning female passengers to stay away from Yellow for unspecified reasons."

Wish there was a way to find the person who wrote that and interview him/her...

:waitasec: Isn't that what I suggested in my post replying to JerseyGirl? Age Progression sketch. Why is one unnecessary, Wondergirl?

The last sighting of Amy was 7-8 years ago and the only photo and sketch we have are the ones being circulated.

The same ones have been circulating all these years, I seriously doubt her captors would let her keep the same look after they've been plastered on the internet and television.

If Carl has time to make one, great. If not, well I guess eventually the idea will become important enough to get it done.

But what do I know.......

ETA: I never said the witness sightings weren't Amy.

I'm guessing the stress Amy has endured all these years would have aged her well beyond what a normal person would age in 13 years. Not saying a sketch shouldn't be done, but it is a factor to consider if one is made.

13 years. So crazy and heartbreaking when you put it that way.

:waitasec: Isn't that what I suggested in my post replying to JerseyGirl? Age Progression sketch. Why is one unnecessary, Wondergirl?

The last sighting of Amy was 7-8 years ago and the only photo and sketch we have are the ones being circulated.

The same ones have been circulating all these years, I seriously doubt her captors would let her keep the same look after they've been plastered on the internet and television.

If Carl has time to make one, great. If not, well I guess eventually the idea will become important enough to get it done.

But what do I know.......

ETA: I never said the witness sightings weren't Amy.

I was generally commenting on my own perspective regarding the witness sightings and Amy.

The last sighting sketch from 2005, done by the FBI, is the best thing that we have to go on regarding Amy's looks, near as I can see.

Of course, if we put all kinds of different hair on her, change her weight dimensions etc., that is easy to do with the free photo software available, I did it for the suspect in Taylor Van Diest's case in BC.

The gray hair angle is the best one yet, since her brother Brad is prematurely gray, Amy might be too.

In my opinion, her face has not changed so drastically between 1998 and 2005, besides the obvious worn and haggard look.

Just my opinion that an age progression does not need to be done, by all means try and get one done.

JMO

I found this quote in Part II of the Style articles interesting...

"After they got back to Richmond, the Bradleys found a post from another Rhapsody passenger on a cruise-ship computer bulletin board warning female passengers to stay away from Yellow for unspecified reasons."

Wish there was a way to find the person who wrote that and interview him/her...

Exactly, the whole entire article is a must read. I just wish we had the true exact date this story ran...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025